It's national coming out day, if you're LGBT how did you come out?

I didn't want to make it a big deal, and I tried to make it as casual as possible.
I was just having a conversation with my family and was like "Oh yeah me and my boyfriend blah blah blah"

And they were like "boyfriend?" And I just went "yeah" and continued the convo
thats it lol

3441

What Girls Said 34

• National coming out day should become the day when everyone comes out and confesses their sins and seek salvation.

• Get your religious bullshit away from decent people...

• @FreedomByChoice yeah. I see nothing wrong with that. Because sinners should come out and confess their sins so that they may be saved. Sinners should seek salvation. There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

• @FreedomByChoice but like I said, its notbjust this post and it's not what's being said. Every single time I have said something or seen someone else say something about God no matter what it is there is always an angry and ugly reaction. I've seen people give thanks to God for something in their lives and people have flocked to the comment to attack their faith and insult them just because they gave God thanks.

• I'm straight, but my boyfriend is bi. How he came out to me was pretty funny.

We were picking my sister up from her gay-straight alliance club meeting at school (my sister is also bi) and my sister announced that she was the only bi person in the car. To which my boyfriend replies, "no you're not."

It wasn't a big deal to me. It still isn't.

• I'm not LGBTQ but kudos to everyone who made the brace decision of coming out and not caring about what this stupid selfish world has to say.. :)

• My friends all know for the most part I believe? I'm not sure lol but where I live everyone is extremely accepting. In fact! Probably 1/5 people in my area and generation are gay to some extent.. Or at least are openly gay. My family knows except my mom who I simply can't be bothered to tell since we don't get along very well. I know she wouldn't care but I still don't see it as important to tell her about I guess. I'm pretty sure she already knows though. But yeah, I just casually told everyone. When telling my dad, I was actually on a phone call with my girlfriend so she was listening to me come out. It was pretty exciting for her.
    Nice question! :)

• I told my mum I needed to tell her something important later, and after an hour or so of us finishing up little tasks, she sat down on the couch and asked me what it was I wanted to tell her.

I told her I was trans, and she took it surprisingly well.
    We were both upset, but other than that it wasn't particularly eventful.

• I mentioned it in a mother's day card to my mom, to my brother I mentioned it in the kitchen and he was like cool... My dad was in the car and he was like there's nothing wrong with that and I was like I know. My little sister I actually sat down and had a convo with cause she for some reason was a little homophobic when she was younger but she's super open now. Not out to any grandparents or anything though.

• I came out to my friends by just being like "heres my girlfriend guys," and they were like "k." i came out to My mom while we were having an argument and she was like "okay." i told two of my brothers (one is queer and the other is married to a bi woman) and they were like "okay" but my brother rowdy freaked out. I never told My dad i was bi.

• My friends know only cos they know women I've been with lol. I've never said anything to my parents. I don't think they'd care but I'd only tell them if my current relationship failed and I entered into one with a woman.

• At this point I don't see a reason to tell my family I'm bi because so far I only like having sex with woman. I've never felt that I could fall in love with a woman. I don't think they need to know my sexual preferences. Now if my relationship goes south with the man I love now and I fall in love with a woman then I'll have that convo with them.

• I dunno why anyone disliked this but I want more people to be like you.

• Thank you. I don't know either. Maybe someday they will have the balls to explain why they dislike My personal choice with telling MY family about My sexual preference. It's not like I'm telling them to hide their sexuality.

• My mom knew a bit. I talked a lot about girls when I was 10-12.
    But she never thought about it and same with dad.
    So I when discovered bisexuality and it felt like it was kinda me? Because I got jelaous and angry when my friends who are girls got boyfriends and I knew I had feelings for them. But it's all I thought it was a nonsense. But I love men aswell too. I told my mom straight up, she isn't a homophobe so I was not really nervous. She accepted it and stepdad too.

• I was like 12 or 13. I shared a room with my mom, so when the lights were off I was like: "Hey, I'm pansexual so I like girls too." She asked," Boys too right?" I confirmed it -- everyone in my family essentially knows because I'm not ashamed and they can't tell me shit πŸ˜ͺ

• I haven't come out to my mom or my gma... I came out to my friends and four of them disowned me.

• Those are friends you don't want or need in your life then. You deserve people in your life who love you for exactly who you are. It is their loss, not yours!

• Imagine how differnt her^ reply would be if op listed something socially unexceptable

• I had a conversation with my mom about how I had always felt I was attracted to women. My coming out was kind of dramatic lol because my life was spiraling in a negative direction. After I got myself together and cut negative things out of my life, I accepted the fact that I was gay. So yeah I told my mom after I told her I quit smoking and drinking.

• i only came out as bi to my best friend and she was cool, and to you people.

• I didn't really. I never had to. (I'm B)

• I don't label myself as one or the other.

• i told my family members that I'm bi and they just laughed at me :/ my dad still makes fun of me and laughs :/ i never tell my friends because i told my previous friends and every single one of them was uncomfortable around me :/ and i always wanted to transition but seeing people reaction towards transmen just made me to try to forget about it, i may do it in my 40s or so

• I first came out as pansexual to my best friend about 6-5 years ago. My family still has no clue but I remember when I first came to my friend out the conversation went like this:
    "So ya know how this is a time where we discover who we are or some shit like that?"
    "Yeah?"
    "I'm kinda finding that I'm equally attracted to girls and guys... so I guess I'm pan"
    "Oh! I've been hoping I'd have someone to talk to about this but I was scared no one would accept me! I'm actually bi!"

• I have only told my mom, boyfriend (I'm bi) and closest friends. I do not want to ''come out'' in our time because of all the bullshit that the LGBT is being associated with. I do not feel represented and I would rather have it this way.

• parents caught me making out with my twelve years old cousin when I was fourteen in my bedroom

• I was like 11 or 12 My dad caught me kissing my "best friend " in my room later that night I told him I was bisexual

• I am a lesbian but only some of friends know about this. Some are not, bcs im afraid they wint accept me the way i am.

• If they are your true friend than they all accept you.

If you trust on your friends then they have to trust on you.

So be cool. Aand tell that person's whom you have true

• I will.. Thanks

• I'm not out , but I'm not a secret

• i told my mom like a month ago i wwas bi

• I just brought home my girlfriend

• I actually came out to my husband as being bi in stages. It’s sounds weird but the honest truth. It started with me telling him I like looking at breast while being eaten and it went on and on from there

• I told my parents in a letter and they ignored it.

• I came out a long time ago so I just told them that I'm bisexual/gay more than usualπŸ˜‚

• I never really had to come out.. It's just a part of me, so I've never over emphasized it. If it came up, which it rarely has, I just tell them.

• I never told them because I know they would never accept that I'm a lesbian.

• Be proud of what you are, you are in love with beautiful "feminine". Without Feminine there's no existence, If I'm a girl, I'll be proud LESBIAN. My profile pic resembles feminism in me. There are many men out there to support beautiful souls like you. πŸ‘

• Well at least no one down voted your personal choice not to tell your family. I explained in my comment that I'm bi sexual but have only liked women sexually. I've never fallen in love with a woman so I don't see the need to tell my family since it's just my sexual preference. I further explained if my current relationship with my boyfriend broke up and I fell in love with a woman then I would tell them since she would be part of my life. I don't tell people they are wrong to come out to their family. So they shouldn't tell me I'm wrong because I don't see the need at this time. I hope you can share with them someday and they will except you. This is our life and we deserve to spend it with whom ever makes us happy. If families can't except that then that's their problem. But I understand how hard it would be with my family believing love and sex should only be between a man and woman.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 41

• Was it yesterday?
    I'll gointo my story a little bit. I started dating a man towards the end of my junior year of college. I told my father in July, and while at first he was mad because he thought I was joking the conversation ended with, "I love you and want you to be happy. Bring him up when you come to see me." Then over the course of that summer I came out to one of my good friends when we were drunk, "Yo dude, you know how I told you I started dating a chick? Well yeah, it's actually a dude." He's been my best friend since the fourth grade, but apparently stopped talking to me for a week with the intent on our friendship being over, or at the very least changing. He told his mom, and she said he would be stupid if he left his best friend for that and he agreed. Since we've become even better friends. I told my other best friend at a time when we were both drunk and he was also high. He tried to sleep with me that night and I laughed really hard (because I didn't picture him that way.) I apologized, but we haven't spoken since. My presumption is that he's embarrassed (this was 3 years ago). I also came out to a few other friends but there was no issue so I won't go into it.
    Lastly, I came out to my mother. My mother is really religious and with a decent frequency disparaged members of the lgbt community, saying that they were going to hell, gross, a disappointment to their parents (specifically in regards to transgendered persons, because of this I was afraid of telling her. I actually waited until over a year and a half to tell her because, 1.) I wanted to make sure that the person was worth the risk of being disowned, and 2.) I wanted her to help pay her portion for the last bit of my college so that I wouldn't be forced to drop out my senior year. When I told her she started crying, blamed herself, asked if I had ever even been with a woman to make that decision, etc. Then we went to a family counselor once a week for ~1-2 months, and then once a month for another ~5. In the end, she still loves me, has not disowned me, but makes a point of making sure I know that she disapproves of me talking to fellas as well as women.
    P. S. To those of you who may be wanting to disparage my mother, she is a great woman who does, and has done more for me than most any parent I know of, and I think she is an amazing woman... I just think that her religion and society around us have infected her better judgement.
    I don't normally mention my sexuality unless asked

• It's so unimportant I find this issue generally meaningless. I'm not going to be insensitive even though it sounds that way I can see where some people might meet this at times to come out of the hall closet. But I always hope I don't understand the whole concept of I have to be in the closet I just myself no one has to know what I do and don't like that's where I come from it's nobody's business what I do so my Straight friends my head or friends that's totally their business I don't even need to ask if they want to tell me okay but it's in one ear and out the other because really it's not my business

• By posting about it on G@G right now.

I'm straight, at least I consider myself straight - but I have been attracted to male-to-female transsexual women in the past, and thinking about it now, I probably wouldn't have a problem getting in a romantic relationship with a trans woman.

I don't know what that makes me. Does that make me bi? I have never been attracted to another man at any point in my life, ever. Men's faces and men's bodies just don't turn me on at all, whatsoever. So I know I'm not gay, but it may mean that I'm not bi, either. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind having sex, or a serious relationship with a trans lady.

*searches the internet*

It seems there is a term for what I am - "trans attracted men". Hmm... ok, so I am a trans attracted gentleman. I am only into women, whether they are cisgender (girls that were born girls) or transgender (women that were born boys but have transitioned and are now trans females). Whether that makes me bi, or whether it just means I am "straight but okay with a wider variety of females", I don't know - it's all very confusing. But, that's what I am. Whatever, I'm still the same asshole I've always been, so I don't think this is going to change me much. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go look at some trans porn.

• Justin.
    THIS is exactly how you do a coming out.
    Not feeling obligated to tell everyone around you because it just affects you and not them.
    Bravo.

All my love to you

• I was 15 when I came out as gay, just told my parents at dinner that I had a boyfriend. My dad just asked what his name was, and told me that safe sex was still the expectation even though pregnancy was clearly not going to happen. My mom told me she thought he was good looking, and that she was glad I was dating someone.

I really threw them for a loop when I introduced them to my first girlfriend when I was 18.

• One day I told my mom I was straight. Shit was tough. Literal PTSD

• Well... there is nothing really strange or odd about it nowadays.
    There is no shock value or anything special about coming out anymore.

In saying that, I came out as an atheist. Parents hated it but they got used to it after a while. Nobody in my community really cared.
    Soooooo... Happy national coming out day? Do I at least get a day off?

• Lol in Aussie it might not be a big deal! My ex was beaten by his father for years because of it.

• My parents caught my in the middle of fucking a dude 😳 jk jk. I'm straight... Alegedly ✌️

• I took a seat next to my mom and said, "Mom, I don't feel like a woman. I feel like a man."

• I first nailed the door shut then left the room...
    there is nothing to come out from now

• U know why people don't come out the closet because of negative remarks and negative language, it they don't agree then don't post anything, delete your account, if u don't understand anything read about it ,

• Coming Out Day should be Going In Day. Going in to conversion therapy.

• I don't know what I am... probably a Damn void

• My dad knew because i was storing my rotors in the closet, and I finally showed him the full Arsenal of chainguns and missiles. I told him I was an Apache attack helicopter whether he liked it or not. He said he was fine with it.

• Are you serious? There s actually a day for that now? Good God

• I am if the opinion that every single lbgt person or persons coming out should clog the white house and 45 with tweets and emails ALL DAY

• National comming out is every day.

• I haven't, because honestly it would complicate life a lot

• People just picked up on the signs and I let them know I was gay when they approached me about it. I never tried to make it a big spectacle.

• Through na vagina

• It was cringey as fuck, I came out to my mum but with a special snowflake sexuality. So not only was I nervous and crying, I had to explain what it meant.

• I've only told a few family members about it. They all took it fine though. My dad though... I don't know if that'd be a good idea.

Gotta love the stupid religitards running around too. They always make everyone else seem smart.

• Bisexual

• God does not make mistakes we do

• I'm not

• By opening the closet door πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I didn't I let them come in πŸ˜‚

• You may not make a big deal of it but they probably did

• I'll never come out, that's for people who can't keep their mouths shut

• More from Guys
    11