If you had to choose between your pet's life and that of a (human) stranger, who would you choose to save?

If you had to choose between your pet's life and that of a (human) stranger, who would you choose to save?Please don't overanalyze this. You have to sacrifice one to save the other.
You don't kill anyone with your own hands. The stranger isn't related to you in any way.
If you forgo any decision-making, they both die.

If you have multiple pets, the pet in question is whichever you're most attached to; if you're equally attached to all of them, it's a random draw.

• My pet
  • The person

1530

What Guys Said 30

• I dislike pets and I don't have.

Choose any one?

i.pinimg.com/.../...--animal-quotes-dog-quotes.jpg

• I’d save the person without hesitation.

How some people would choose their pet over what could be a little boy or girl’s life is beyond comprehension.

• Affectionate puppy you live, mean nasty harpy feminist bye bye! That was easy!

• Stranger would die I'd wouldn't get half the loyalty from the person

• I like animals but a human life is objectively worth more then an animals. And humans live much longer then most other animals anyway so they would benefit more from getting saved.

• My pet easily

• I don't have a cat anymore, but I have punched a guy for messing with him. So I'd save my cat instead of the person

• I would just fight super hard to put a no to both results so I can save both of their lives

• Well, you can't. It's either a win-lose, or a lose-lose.

• Not every situation can be resolved with physical strength. In this one, you know with certainty that if you don't choose--and fast--you lose both lives.

• The Human has to live

• We JUST had this question. What is the point of asking it. Is this a class assignment?

• I didn't realize, sorry. And no, the thought was sparked by a conversation with a friend.

• My cat no question. Human dies

• Not a faue choice cuz it's my pet and it a random person. Why not make it equal and my friend or sister vs my pet

• The whole point of the question is to make you think about what you value more: human life to which you have no emotional connection, or non-human life to which you are emotionally connected.

• I dont care about either or. if its not in my circle. So if its my dog then i care ore about it then the random hobo.

• I choose my pet obviously, people die every day. Can't save them all, It's called life. I'd even consider killing that stranger myself if i knew it would save my pets life.

• It's a tough one, but I think I'd have to save Twiggy (my pet stick insect)...

• Definitely another human, whether I know them or not. Human life isn't below or above animal life, but humans contribute more to society.

• My pet

• Save my dog. One because he's my dog and I love my dog, two dogs don't backstab like humans do. Or at least my dog doesn't. I honestly couldn't care less about a stranger's life.

• Human

• Depends on context.
    Zombie Apocalypse? Two mouths to feed or one.
    Not Zombie Apocalypse? Two mouths to feed. Let the person get a fuckin job even if it kills em (;D see what I did there)

• Missanthropist - look it up, I am sure there is a picture of me there...

• I think saving the pet would be totally against human instinct

• The human.

• Easy , i don't like dogs, human it is 😂😂😂😂😂

• Can I have that dog please? 😍

• As much as I dislike my fellow humans... I would save the life of him/her.

• Human life for sure

• I would kill the person myself

• how about neither , i dont own pet.

• I would save the human. I value the lives of my own species over that of any other.

• Being beloved is more important than species, to me.

• I would save the human life, even if he was an enemy, not only a stranger

• All these people that would save a pet instead of a human deserve jail and hell.

• That might be going a little far. But it’s a childish, selfish choice. Of course I love my pet more than I love a stranger, but sometimes the right thing to do is not the easiest or the most fun.

• @samhradh_leannan You are right! Just makes me angry sometimes how the human life has so little value to some =/

What Girls Said 15

• My cat, hands down.

• I love my pets more than I can say, but if forced to choose, I would choose the human life. I can’t justify any other decision. A pet’s life is usually shorter, anyway.

That said, in a split-second decision where my pet has my attention and the human doesn’t, things could go the other way.

• I find it entirely selfish and slightly disturbing to not save the human life over the animal life. If this were to happen in real life, you deserve all the jail time that you WILL receive if you were to do this.

• Do you have any pets?

• Yeah.. I do and I do love my dog. However, if I had to choose to between saving another adult, or even a young child.. I would sacrifice my dog.

• A person's life is more valuable to me than an animal.

• I'm sorry but I am saving my pet. That's like asking if you'd save a stranger over your child, sounds sick but I can't elaborate right now, it's what it is.

• Id save the stranger, cause that stranger has loved ones even if he or she isn't close with them. but that's just my opinion. And I don't have a pet. even if I did, I would still save the person

• The person can contribute more to society.

• The animal. Humans are capable of way more evil. I'm not gonna chance that the stranger is some great person deserving to be saved.

• Human, always.

• I love my pets with all my heart, but I'd save the person.

• i am sorry, but, pet.

• My animals are everything to me, of course I would save them over a human.

• Im pretty sure you would not, anyway if you do it you may end up in jail for negligence

• Well, I suppose so. But this question would be a matter of opinion. And that is my opinion.

• @boballo
      There is no legal duty to rescue a person, as long as you didn't cause them to be in peril in the first place.

• My pet

• The issue is that many people see their pets as family, not as animals.
    Many people are lonely and only have their pets for companionship and barely even talk to other people.

If you were put in the position of having to save your best friend or someone you care about and would deeply mourn for a long time, who would you save? Them or the stranger human whom you have absolutely no connections to?
    Not having enough time to reflect, think I might save my pet first.

• For all of you who say I'm saving my pet...

Ok let's say it's MY PET and YOU
    Who don you want me to save YOU or my PET?

If you say save your pet then you are being stupidly proud! Trust me secretly you want your life saved
    Don't worry I'll save you...