How would you feel when someone called you dumb?

What would you do? Will you just ignore it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh. On the few occasions in my life that that's happened, since most people aren't that rude (in person at least; they're definitely that rude online), I was smarter than the persons who said it so I kind of just laughed a bit and said "okay."

Most Helpful Girl

• it happens and it will happen to u a thousand times... ignore it. or say something funny back. just never show u care or u feel insulted.

What Guys Said 14

• They have no argument left, thuss they call me what they are themselves :3 *TOASTED*

• I would question the validity of their claim. And wonder whether they were covering their own inadequacy.

• I'm pretty quick-witted so I can prove them wrong and put them in their place at the same time.

• Had that happen tonite at work made the guy feel very stupid after he had tow truck try to jump him he was stuck and all i did to fix his car was replace his fuel pump fuse roflmao... now who da dummy lmao

• meh- rarely care for other ppl's barbs

• I agree when someone says that to me lol , unless he's attacking and insulting I beat his ass then

• Yeah. Not everybody will know everything in one topic you are talking about.

• My mom calls me dumb all the time so I've been ignoring her for years.

• This made me laugh, maybe she's just trying you to improve.

• I fail to see the way she's trying to improve me by calling me dumb.

• Yup, i dont give a fuck what everybody thinks about me :p

• Annoyed but i will just ignore them ain't nobody got time for assholes

• Ingore it tell them thanks and move on its just a word to get a reation out of someone

• Id feel nothing lol

• If the shoe fits? I don't know what I would do.

• Maybe nothing.

• Not good about it but just ignore it

What Girls Said 9

• I'd say, "unless you're google, stop acting like you know everything" and then ignore it after hahaa

• i'd probably agree. lol.

• I say something really, really stupid to them. Like for example, "If Batman's parents are dead, how was he born" or "Why do people say 1 plus 1 is 2? If you put them together, it makes '11'."
    The stupider, the better. I am open to new suggestions.

• Nice answer☺

• How old is he?

• 14, I think.

• Yes because I would know it's not true and if someone would be an asshole and call you dumb they are not worth your time

• True, we are not google to know about everything.

• I'd just laugh.

• If I will be called as dumb, I will just ignore it. I know myself better than they do and I am pretty sure that there are things that I can do but they can't. :) Let them think what they want to think and let them be puzzled. ;)

• I'd start laughing and then I'd say "you? Call me dumb?" And then keep laughing as if what he said was really funny

• Hehe and said thanks☺

• I wouldn't feel anything

• If I know I'm dumb, then what's the use of someone pointing it out to me? I won't need to think about it. If I know I'm not dumb, then someone else saying that I'm dumb won't make me dumb. There's no need to think about that either.
    However, if the person saying it is someone I love and think they love me, I will wonder why they are trying to hurt me by saying supposedly hurtful things. What could they be upset about?
    If the person saying it is not my friend, or is my enemy, naturally they're going to want to say some pretty nasty things about me, worse than dumb, I would be surprised if "dumb" was the best they could do.