What do you think of jokes regarding tragedies?

• funny
    Vote A
  • sometimes funny
    Vote B
  • rarely funny
    Vote C
  • not funny, but not offensive. i'm indifferent
    Vote D
  • offensive and disgusting
    Vote E
  • other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's how the joke is presented. If you say something straight up without thinking it can nasty and it offensive where as if you think about it first and make it funny people laugh even when they don't want to becuase it's a good joke regarding the situation like how Ricky gervais does jokes

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion they’re rarely funny and they’re potentially offensive. There is so much stuff in the world that is actually funny. Why do we need to turn serious, devastating, heartbreaking situations into jokes?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• Ya know, it really depends on the joke. Some factors are important to be funny: The joke can't be too soon after the event, the joke can't be bigotted (unless all parties are cool, then it's just called offensive humor), it can't be about anything that is sensitive to your audience

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend was sexually assaulted by another former friend of ours, and me and him always joke about it every time we get the opportunity. Joking about a difficult or serious subject is a way to bring it down to our level and make it easier to grasp. Showing the absurdity in a situation like a terrorist attack is a way to make the issue easier to come to accept and come to terms with, which can then make it easier for us to find solutions to a problem since we can think about it on our own terms.

0|0
    0|0
  • What? Like joking about WWII?

www.google.be/search

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes funny sometimes in poor taste, offensive, disgusting, etc. depends on the person telling the joke, the audience, the timeliness.

0|0
    0|0
  • U know whats funny. Just stare at this face

0|0
    0|0
  • As any other joke - "can be funny if executed well".

0|0
    0|0
  • Just like any other jokes, they're usually not funny to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jokes are jokes. There may be times when you shouldn't tell them but no topic should be off limits

0|0
    0|0
  • Often funny. The thing with jokes is that the one who made it rarely express his own opinion. It's just a joke. There's nothing offensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Saying something is too serious to joke about is like saying there is a disease too serious to cure"

Louis C. K.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the audience. I personally don't get offended unless the person makes fun of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sadistic so I find them funny sadly I wish I didn't

0|0
    0|0
    • You're sadistic? I'm surprised!

• Show All
    • I think that since you feel guilty about it, your amusement at pain might be a coping mechanism to try to dissolve the empathetic pain

• Wow well that actually might be it and I can’t deal with guilt and I don’t want to hurt anyone

• people don't seem to care if its been years after the fact

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a joke, all homes are funny if you've the type of humor that the jokes fit.

0|0
    1|0
  • Jokes are people's way of coping with such events.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm sure all the conservatives were mourning when they were making fun of "liberal trendies" who died at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.

• @Armourdillo then they aren't really joking. They have bad intentions. A joke is only to make people laugh. Not to hurt people

• It depends on the situation it pertains to.

1|0
    0|0
  • They can be pretty funny 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a dark sense of humor

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes funny

0|0
    0|0
  • offensive and disgusting

0|0
    0|0
  • I love dark humor

0|0
    0|0
  • funny :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my pleasure

0|0
    0|0
  • That's keeps you alive even in time of crisis

0|0
    0|0
  • Timing, timing, timing.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to consider the audience. There was a prominent case where some teens had murdered their parents and I joked to a co-worker that they should ask for clemency since they were orphans. It turned out he knew the parents and he was not amused.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be offensive and in poor taste

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually insensitive and done for edgy humour, I don't find it funny in most cases.

That being said, they can make the jokes all they want, it just makes them look like a dick to me. It's less offensive and more annoying, but nothing is "wrong" with it, it's in their right.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Not funny

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes creating humor from a dreadful situation can be cathartic. recently I said to a widow, “I’m so sorry for your loss” her response to me was “I didn’t lose him, I know exactly where he is” that immediately lightened the mood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy to judge harshly this
    but
    top comedians have found hilarious gold in such news where no one is actually really hurt = exceptions abound

0|0
    0|0
    • that said, I hate such in real life but do watch TVs America's Funniest Videos
      my hubbie hates that show portions where someone really "could" feel pain

• Rarely funny. But it takes skill to deliver a joke like that and have laughs

0|0
    0|0
  • I think sometimes you just have to laugh, or you'll never be able to stop crying.

0|0
    0|0
  • they can sometimes be funny since I have a dark sense of humour

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it depends on the situation, but usually I can take a dark humoured joke.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the joke. Sometimes its funny, other times pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the joke. Can be either hilarious or cringe-y.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funniest lol, like holocaust ones

0|0
    0|0
  • pathetic ranting of haters

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny