Do you wear glasses?

If you wear glasses, do you like your glasses? Have you tried contacts? Have you considered lasik?

If you don't, would you like to (for some reason)?

• Do you wear glasses?Yes, I'm nearsighted
    Vote A
  • Do you wear glasses?Yes, I'm farsighted
    Vote B
  • Do you wear glasses?Yes, I use bifocals/varifocals
    Vote C
  • Do you wear glasses?Yes, I use glasses without correction
    Vote D
  • Do you wear glasses?No/wear contact lenses
    Vote E
  • Do you wear glasses?20/20 vision/I'm literally a hawk
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• ok, i miss wearing glasses - long story short.
    Started wearing when i was 4 - graduated to contacts at 12. had to wear hard ones - developed kerataconus so i needed a corneal transplant. Got that done in 2012 had 20/20 ever since.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn.. quite a series of events. 20/20 vision's nice though

• Show All
    • Gotta hope for the best

• one day at a time

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm nearsighted, and wear glasses. When I was checked for them, and I was verified for glasses, I was VERY scared. I didn't wear them for a year. When I tried them on, I warmed up to them. Now, I wear them everyday! I think it does something to my complexion! (Whatever's there, that is)

0|1
    0|0
    • How bad was your vision, if you could make it without them?

• I thought for a long time I had 20/20! I could see things all around, but at 50 feet away, things looked only the SLIGHTEST bit... blurry. So slight, that I could see leaves on trees, but they weren't crisp-looking. And after 15 years of this, I got seriously used to it. Glasses changed me!

• Oh okay, well that's quite manageable. I do remember that I didn't really realize my eyesight getting worse at first, but mine got a lot worse.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 35

• Yes, I'm nearsighted.
    I've worn contacts, but dislike the dryness and irritation that they cause after having them on for over 5+ hours (and, on a typical school/work day, the time I have them on always exceeds 5 hours). Plus, sometimes they shift around and little "air-pockets" form between the contact lens and your eye and that's easily one of the most aggravating experiences ever.

I've considered laser vision correction, but decided that I rather like having glasses as an additional accessory to coordinate with my outfits. :D

0|1
    1|0
    • Yeah, that's why I've never tried contacts... plus I don't want to go poking my eyes. It's good to own it, having glasses I mean. I kind of like them actually.

• I do, I need them for driving and actually also normally but I just don't wear them haha

0|1
    0|0
  • All I know is that I am super blind and now since I’m older even my close up vision is getting bad 😅 🤓

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, I have glasses but I very rarely wear them. Only when I have to see something important or when I'm driving in the dark in a place I've never been to.

The biggest reason I don't wear my glasses is because they don't look very nice. I would have to get new glasses that I actually like but they're so goddamn expensive.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah the prices are a bit ridiculous.. My last ones were over 500€ :s

• Yes i'm nearsighted, i don't wear them most of the time but my vision is really crappy, i can't read signs or anything without them but i find it hard to get used to wearing glasses plus they get dirty all the time and i find them almost impossible to clean.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh man.. I couldn't be able to live like that. The one time I broke my glasses and we went to a bar with my friends, I felt like helpless puppy :D My vision absolutely horrible though, starts blurring a foot from my face..

Glasses cleaning liquid, paper towel and then microfiber towel. Perfectly clean every time.

• I can't see far, so I'm shortsighted. I've worn glasses since I was about 13, but I had issues with my vision before that. It just took my mom too long to take me to the eye doctor. I'm -3.75 on my right eye, with an astigmatism in my left. I wear glasses, but I want to try contact lenses

0|1
    0|0
  • im near sighted. I dont like my glasses much. i personally think i look better without them because they hide my good features like my eyes, nose, and cheekbones.
    Still I prefer to wear my glasses because contacts irritate my eyes and give me a headache if i wear them for too long

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I wear glasses. But I usually wear contact lenses when I'm out because they are more comfortable. My glasses always keep sliding off of my nose.

i've heard if lasik but never considered it for myself, because I'm too scared to and also I've heard thagt if your diopter comes back after the surgery, you can never wear contacts again.

0|1
    0|0
    • You need to go get your glasses readjusted.

I haven't heard of that, good to know..

• Sadly yes. Been wearing em since 2010. I can't see far away. Im too nervous to try lasik surgery and i dont think i can handle contacts.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah
    I don't like them actually. And people have mentioned I look beautiful without them, (they said I look good with them as well but without them it's different beautiful lol)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm farsighted.
    I wear glasses since I was little and I hate them! They ruin my looks, they make me look dumb and ugly and guys are usually not attracted to girls who wear glasses.
    I thought about contacts, but I gave up on the idea of trying them because having something inside my eye would make me feel uncomfortable. I also have considered lasik, but I can't do it until I move to another country.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm near sighted. I used to wear contacts for a while but glasses are more convenient for me. Also I've been told they make me look more mature.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm nearsighted. I like my glass, since they are better than contacts, and I look better with glasses on. Contacts get uncomfortable if it's windy out or if its dry, and I can't see well with my contacts on so I dont wear them often. I've thought about laser correction but I know a few people whose vision has gotten worse because of it, and I dont wanna make my eyes worse then they are.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a hawk but I've thought about getting glasses without the zooming function. Glasses look good on me & I like glasses, that's why.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m nearsighted! I got glasses in 1st grade and wore glasses for a long time.

I started wearing contacts when I started high school, because it was just easier with sports. I like my contacts, you just put them in and not worry about them for the day. (I have one Day lenses so I can throw them out when I’m done). The only thing that bugs me is when it’s really windy outside and your eyes get very dry.

I have REALLY bad eyesight (-5.5 if anyone was wondering) but I’m only 17 so I may wait a little to seriously consider lasik.

0|1
    0|0
    • That is pretty bad yeah.. I have -3.5 in right and -3.75 in left. Might want to wait a bit yeah.

• I'm nearsighted but only wear my glasses at home. While being outside I prefer contacts because they're a lot more convenient to me.

I don't consider laser vision correction because my eye sight isn't that bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m nearsighted and I wear bifocals. I gonna try contacts for sports but it’s the off season rn

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep I'm near sighted and wore them the majority of my life, I thought ab contacts but I really want to get LASIK one day although I'm so used to my glasses

0|1
    0|0
  • 20/70 nearsighted

Still amazed at how much I couldnt see before.

Hate contacts

Would like laser

Totally fine with my glasses though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just got my eyes check for my drivers it's a requirement for commercial licence. I can see like a hawk. I only have a pair of cheaters to read fine print.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm near sighted but not by a lot. I don't technically need glasses to drive. No haven't tried contacts. Don't need surgery at this point

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea, but they broke
    But I have contacts now
    I will never get lazer sugery nope nope no
    Im nearsighted
    I also have an astigmatism in my eyes

0|1
    0|0
  • No but I think I’ve become a bit near sighted in the last few months I do wear contacts occasionally but there coloured so they don’t count

0|1
    0|0
  • I think LASIK would be good for me I wear glasses when I drive and watch tv.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I've been shopping for new frames. Wouldn't wear contacts

0|1
    0|0
  • I wear glasses to drive mainly. I don’t really need them for anything other than that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and as far as contacts, I probably wouldn’t get them. I don’t want to poke my eye trying to put them in x. x

• Same :D

• I should be, but I lost them o. O I'm nearsighted

0|1
    0|0
    • Damn, how bad is your vision?

• Show All
    • lol that's a good question. Probably not even this year

• Oh no.. I hope the old ones turn up

• Nope I don't... Hawk eyes for me :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't like contact lenses.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m nearsighted and I wear contacts all the time

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, nearsighted and had them since I was 9. I checked into lasik but didn't like the idea of having one eye for near and one for far. Had contacts for a few months but injured my shoulder and couldn't take them in and out with one hand, so stopped wearing contacts and just never got back into it.

When I'm riding my bike and a bee bounces off my glasses, I'm glad I have them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm nearsighted. Not much, -1'75 each eye.
    I have worn glasses since I was probably 12-13. And been the last 3 years alternating between these and contacts.
    Glasses are way more comfortable on the eyes, but as I do some contact sports I use contacts for that (so I won't break my glasses)
    I also feel sexier with contacts.
    And as I'm planning to work on a emergency service I may have to have surgery done.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm blind as a fucking bat.
    I do occasionally wear contacts.
    I have considered Lasik, but am too lazy to set up an appointment lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do. I have to wear them all the time but It is just counter-productive to wear glasses in rain/snow etc. or in hot environments since it just keeps sliding off. I can see well enough without them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm nearsighted. I wear contacts for a while, then I wear glasses for a while. I don't like wearing glasses, but I have to give my eyes a break from contacts. Girls seem to like me in glasses more, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • No but my kids do, but they wear contacts. Their mother wears contacts too, only one daughter took after me and doesn’t wear anything to see

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything closer tyhan two feet is blurred. but I can still hit a rabbit at 40 yards...

0|1
    0|0
  • The only thing I don't see coming is the Spanish inquisition

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't but am near sighted

0|1
    0|0
  • Im blind as a bat

0|1
    0|0
  • No...