Do you prefer to work alone or as a group?

In the workplace or school, do you prefer to work alone, or with other people as a group? Why?

• I prefer to work alone
    57%(27)57%(64)Vote56%(37)
  • I prefer to work with people, as a group
    15%(7)12%(13)Vote9%(6)
  • I like both equally
    28%(13)31%(36)Vote35%(23)

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the goal. Sometimes working alone is so much faster and more efficient. Other times, input from others is a necessity, and sometimes the best way is to work as a group. I like working with others, but often find that groups latch on to the early ideas, that are not thought through, while better ideas often come after discussion, but are frequently ignored, once an earlier, less thought through, idea is accepted. In other words, the people who are quick to speak, often have their ideas accepted, even though better ideas are proposed after some thought.

Most Helpful Girl

• alone cuz i can disagree or agree with myself without some person saying the opposite. plus working alone makes you get things done faster (less talking, less "what do you think about _____?", etc)

What Guys Said 21

• It's faster alone, when I don't have to watch whether others do it right. It's much more fun to work as a group though, and in some situations, it is required.

• Alone because I work excellent alone, groups end up frustrating me because each person will want to prove he's better, and that means the job will not be done properly at the end, because it doesn't matter who's better, it matters that the job is done right.

• In a group, because working alone sucks ass. Am a chef and working alone is boring while am preparing meals, don't need help exactly with the preparing but few others would be working too , like table setting, bakers, the waiter, sou-chef and teamwork is nice. Although working in a group can be pain in the brain when people don't like each other and some would rather working alone. Totally get it.

• I do prefer to work alone because I like to figure stuff out on my own and I don't like to rely on others.

However there are times when I'm stumped and I do require assistance. I won't hesitate to ask especially if I know someone knows this better than I do.

• It depends on the task. It's always good to have constructive input on any task but in a group scenario one person has to make the final decision on the protocols without descent from any co worker. If someone continuously challenges everyone else's input he or she needs to be asked to leave if your leading the group and find some else to replace. Being able to compromise your own personal opinions to others is important as long as the end result solves the problem.

• I work better alone

• For initial design of a project, I like having a group so I can get feedback. But for development I want to be (mostly) on my own.

• If I can do it on my own, I'd prefer to do it on my own.

• I preferred to do work in small groups such as two or three.

• Alone 100%. People just annoy me a lot. Besides I can't stand lazy people.

• It's depends on group and on a project. Some projects are best done alone. Some groups are retarded, so best is work alone. In rare cases group can work good together and only then I would work withing this group

• Since I always agree with myself, working alone is generally easier. I get to make unilateral decisions, without having to incorporate ideas that I disagree with.

• I like both equally.

• I prefer to work alone as I know what my limits and my skills are.

• Work?

• Working as a group thing never get done.

• I work alone. I like working alone. Really! I think much better.

• Depends. I like working with people but if they talk too much or go off topic id rather work alone

• Depends

On the deadline and work

• I like both equally

What Girls Said 14

• Both equally for me

• I can get along in groups just fine but I prefer to work alone :) Reason being I can rely on myself and my own willpower to get to where I want... Much more so than trusting someone else/ depending on other people to have the same work ethic.

• I prefer to work alone.

• Definitely alone. Whenever I am forced to work in a group, I am the only person who gets shit done.

• working alone i get unmotivated and bored

in a group i want to be the best and not given the grade with the least mark

so i prefer group

• Id rather do it alone as some people like to bullshit their way through and take credit for other's contributions

• Working alone. I dont mind working with others but it is more along the lines of doing my task and sharing of works.

• COMPLETELY alone.

• work alone because I don't like people judging me and telling me how to live my life.

• I do my best work alone.

• I luv sharing myself with others

• I like working alone.

• Alone I like things a certain way

• Alone. Cause i am an introvert