What was your favorite game to play as a kid?

Hide n seek, mirror game, cops and robbers, marbles, card throwing, indian trails... What was your favorite?

I loved everything with running in it, because I was always the fastest.

2310

Most Helpful Girl

• Homemade obstacle courses. Jumps made out of milk crates, shovels, bikes, anything available 😂
    Slip and slides in the yard. We'd get in so much trouble for running the hose and creating huge muddy patches in the grass.
    Lifting the tin in the garden and having a competition for who could catch the most snakes. One day collectively we caught a total of 98. My mom made us relocate them all somewhere deep in the woods 😂 we never had much of a snake population after that
    Midnight was also a fun one
    White wolf
    Red rover
    Kick the can
    Things like that

• 98 snakes.. wow.. puts our collections of caterpillars and snails to shame :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Cops and robbers was always very cool. We once organized a big cops-and-robbers game where all of the kids in the neighborhood took part. It was about 40 kids in total. My older brother and his best friend printed fake money that looked a bit like the money you have in monopoly. We also had certain things that symbolized different kinds of drugs, for example marbles and gambling chips. The whole thing was pretty professional and lasted for an entire day. My brother was the head of a mafia group that tried trade drugs. There were also independent robbers and drug traders. I was a cop. I remember setting up a checkpoint with a friend, where we searched everyone who wanted to pass. If we found stuff, we locked them into the community car garage for 15 minutes or so. If they wanted to avoid this punishment, they had to bribe us. Some "criminals" also ran away, so we had to run after them and catch them. The first time this happened, they tricked us. While one kid ran away and we chased him, another one stole all our money and our confiscated drugs at the empty checkpoint. After that, only one of us would do the chasing. Luckily, I was tall and skinny, so I could run fast ;-). I think for weapons we had water guns and water balloons. But not every kid was armed. It was really a lot of fun. Our neighborhood was car-and-motorbike-free, so it was a great place to play because we didn't have to watch out when we ran across a street. There were also lots of bushes to hide behind.

Other than that, I was more of a calm child. I absolutely loved (and still love) board games. For example "Risk" or "Monopoly". I also loved chess (in fact, I attended chess classes for several years).

Another group-game I enjoyed a lot as a teenager (and still think it's fun) is werwolves. Don't know if you know this.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../The_Werewolves_of_Millers_Hollow
    You don't run around for this game but it's also played with at least 8-10 people. I remember being in youth camp in France once where my buddies and I came across this group of French girls we thought were really cute, so we asked them to play this game with us every day during our free time ;-).

• That first one is probably the most awesome game I've ever heard of...

I've never played the original werewolves game, only different versions of it where the names and theme are changed.