What was your favorite game to play as a kid?

Hide n seek, mirror game, cops and robbers, marbles, card throwing, indian trails... What was your favorite?

I loved everything with running in it, because I was always the fastest.

What was your favorite game to play as a kid?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Homemade obstacle courses. Jumps made out of milk crates, shovels, bikes, anything available 😂
    Slip and slides in the yard. We'd get in so much trouble for running the hose and creating huge muddy patches in the grass.
    Lifting the tin in the garden and having a competition for who could catch the most snakes. One day collectively we caught a total of 98. My mom made us relocate them all somewhere deep in the woods 😂 we never had much of a snake population after that
    Midnight was also a fun one
    White wolf
    Red rover
    Kick the can
    Things like that

0|1
    0|0
    • 98 snakes.. wow.. puts our collections of caterpillars and snails to shame :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Cops and robbers was always very cool. We once organized a big cops-and-robbers game where all of the kids in the neighborhood took part. It was about 40 kids in total. My older brother and his best friend printed fake money that looked a bit like the money you have in monopoly. We also had certain things that symbolized different kinds of drugs, for example marbles and gambling chips. The whole thing was pretty professional and lasted for an entire day. My brother was the head of a mafia group that tried trade drugs. There were also independent robbers and drug traders. I was a cop. I remember setting up a checkpoint with a friend, where we searched everyone who wanted to pass. If we found stuff, we locked them into the community car garage for 15 minutes or so. If they wanted to avoid this punishment, they had to bribe us. Some "criminals" also ran away, so we had to run after them and catch them. The first time this happened, they tricked us. While one kid ran away and we chased him, another one stole all our money and our confiscated drugs at the empty checkpoint. After that, only one of us would do the chasing. Luckily, I was tall and skinny, so I could run fast ;-). I think for weapons we had water guns and water balloons. But not every kid was armed. It was really a lot of fun. Our neighborhood was car-and-motorbike-free, so it was a great place to play because we didn't have to watch out when we ran across a street. There were also lots of bushes to hide behind.

Other than that, I was more of a calm child. I absolutely loved (and still love) board games. For example "Risk" or "Monopoly". I also loved chess (in fact, I attended chess classes for several years).

Another group-game I enjoyed a lot as a teenager (and still think it's fun) is werwolves. Don't know if you know this.
    en.wikipedia.org/.../The_Werewolves_of_Millers_Hollow
    You don't run around for this game but it's also played with at least 8-10 people. I remember being in youth camp in France once where my buddies and I came across this group of French girls we thought were really cute, so we asked them to play this game with us every day during our free time ;-).

0|1
    0|0
    • That first one is probably the most awesome game I've ever heard of...

I've never played the original werewolves game, only different versions of it where the names and theme are changed.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• Lol
    Us kids who didn't grow up with smarthphones in our hands :)

Barbies and making barbies' cloth, interior design for her home, making a cityscape for toys from kinder surprise eggs which I had around 80 probably... and jumping over rubber rope games that girls played together... dressup, and other stuff.

by the way I also could play chess from age 5 and I won first time when I was 6. Haha. But mostly girly stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm really sorry but I don't have a life 😂 Pokémon for me

1|1
    0|0
  • Playing house or doctor, hide and seek, Chinese/Japanese garter, soccer, playing tag in the rain, and many more

0|1
    0|0
  • cops and robbers, treasure hunt, hide and seek, I don't know the names of the rest of games in English

0|1
    0|0
  • I love hide n seek and truth or dare lol which should've just been called dare or dare.

0|1
    0|0
  • Playing doctor, playing 'house', hide and seek, card games, hide and seek.

0|1
    0|0
  • I liked to read, but liked to play red rover or dodgeball if that wasn't an option.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stuck in the mud or IT! 😊

1|1
    0|0
  • I actually liked reading

0|1
    0|0
  • Steal the Bacon

0|1
    0|0
    • What's that?

• Show All
    • I loved monopoly too

• Cool, sounds fun :)

• Hide and seek

0|1
    0|0
  • Chinese garter, luksong-tinik. Sha-tong.

0|1
    0|0
  • I liked hide-and-go-seek

0|1
    0|0
  • Hide and seek

0|1
    0|0
  • Cops and robbers easily!

0|1
    0|0
  • Freeze tag...
    And Monopoly lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Role play with animal toys or catch the thief

0|1
    0|0
  • Dodge ball and tether ball

0|1
    0|0
  • COPS AND ROBBERS OMG

0|1
    0|0
  • Musical chairs

1|1
    0|0
  • Football

0|1
    0|0
  • Four square!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I don't know if it has a name, but we had a place near our houses where there were 3 garage doors next to each other, we played it with just 4 guys, each was assigned a garage door as a stage and the guy without one would choose a random topic, which the other 3 had to act out. The funniest one won and got to swap places with the guy that said the last topic. We could play this for hours lol

0|1
    0|0
  • dodgeball in terms of playground games
    organized sports my favorites were either soccer or baseball

0|1
    0|0
  • In 1st-5 grade nobody wanted to play with me on the playground, so I would just sit by the fence and draw.

0|1
    0|0
  • Football
    Commando- we arm ourselfs and split into teams and hunt our self's down

0|1
    0|0
  • NHL 2004.

0|1
    0|0
  • Football

0|1
    0|0
  • Cricket and kabadi

0|1
    0|0
  • Shoot people up game

0|1
    0|0
    • Oof I'm glad, I was already feeling left out. xD

• My favorite is Gold version, what's yours?

• I liked Silver the best, I only played the DS games and forgot the most about Plantinum though

• Sega Mega Drive 2

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes