What unpopular opinions do you have?

List them below :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess being an Antinatalist would automatically count since many people find Antinatalism controversial?

"Antinatalism is a philosophical position that assigns a negative value to birth, standing in opposition to natalism. It has been advanced by figures such as Arthur Schopenhauer, Slavoj Žižek, Emil Cioran, Matti Häyry, Peter Wessel Zapffe, Doug Stanhope, Thomas Ligotti and David Benatar."

From RationalWiki:

Arguments that a child may be harmed merely by its own birth-

-If a parent is financially unstable or low-income, this may cause misery for the child. Since the child has nothing to do with the financial breakdown of the couple, it is unethical to give birth to a child only to cause it misery.

-A slightly more broad version of the above argument goes that to live is, by definition, to suffer, and so to have children is merely to perpetuate suffering.

-If a parent has a genetic disorder, the child may inherit it.

Philosophical arguments-

-People have a responsibility toward the environment. Thus to prevent overpopulation and other environmental problems, they should choose not to have children.

-People have a responsibility to help those already here. Having children deprives people from helping them fully due to the extra burden of child-rearing and further draining resources to aid them.

-Childbirth is an act of selfishness that only serves to boost people's ego and/or is done solely as a means to benefit those who birth them.

-It is immoral to birth children into broken and/or unfree societies that will coerce them to obey and shall be exploited unfairly as long as such societies are thus maintained.

-Antinatalism is a philosophy which holds that giving birth to a child is a negative value, thus it is immoral to have a child for a specific or multiple reasons which includes reasons given above and below. In fact, technically speaking, the refusal to birth children at all is antinatalist meaning the childfree movement itself is an offshot of this philosophy.

-Anyone who believes in an eternal Hell should surely realize how inexcusably reckless and immoral it is to bring into existence a being who has even the slightest chance of ending up there. Curiously, this conclusion is lost on many religious people.

0|0
    0|0
    • The critics and haters typically all think that: "If everybody thinks and feel this way then THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD FUCKING END" or that the human species would disappear or become extinct.

And I'm like seriously?

I find it completely absurd that people would actually think that we're all eventually going to follow this and think this way and would actually die out because of this way of thinking.

We may die out eventually from OTHER reasons and OTHER POSSIBILITIES, but CERTAINLY NOT from this way of thinking, feeling or belief, because the majority will never have this kind of a mindset.

• Gee, I missed this one. Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. I believe that the mind is the most important thing about finding a partner, not looks, at all.
    2. I believe that history, the media and by extension society has taught people that certain skin types are better than others.
    3. I believe that anybody can love anybody else if their mental blocks were down. That is, I believe true love is boundary-less
    4. Your ability to be successful resides solely on your ability to keep going. Nothing else, nobody else.
    5. There is nothing a good imagination cannot fix.

Okay that's it lol... I'll stop now or I might go on forever hahaha

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• Being overweight is bad for health and nobody should ever convince another not to worry about it "because it's the society, right there, trying to change you". It's unhealthy and is probably (too lazy to look for any statistics) the main heart attacks factor !

Not totally a unpopular opinion, but it is on the Twitter World.

1|2
    0|0
  • Let's see how many people I piss off, aye?
    - Abortion is murder
    - Evolutionary theory is an insult to science and common sense
    - Homosexuality is a description of behavior, not identity
    - The age of consent should be 16
    - Butts are a turn-off
    - Until the Constitution is explicitly amended, the States have every right to decide whether or not gay marriage is legal within their borders, just as they do anything else not explicitly enforced in the US Constitution
    - Traps are gay, futas are not
    - We should enforce a death penalty for the most heinous crimes, and if you say it's too expensive I will go to Home Depot and purchase the rope myself
    - If you are married to someone, you shouldn't divorce unless they leave you or they are unfaithful
    - Businesses have every right to turn down service to anyone they want for something as small as the prospective customer missing a tooth or having greasy hair. It's retarded but they have the right to do so.
    - Yukino is going to win the Hachiman Grand Prix and there's nothing you can do to stop it

There are plenty of others but I have other things I want to do on my day off of work

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm not convinced Jesus was a historical figure.
    I don't believe in a god.
    I have a pretty unfavorable opinion of most religions.
    I don't believe that morality should be relative.
    I don't think that all societies are equal.
    I think people should be allowed to do drugs if they want to.
    I believe people should have the right to kill themselves if they want to.
    I'd rather be cold than hot, etc.
    I can explicate further if you wish XD

1|1
    0|1
    • Well now that's not sensible at all.

• Show All
    • If morality isn't relative, and there's no God, then what decides morality? Majority rule? Majorities gassed the jews, kill religious minorities, and more.
      If you're going to say "well this one rule or list of things is moral," then you're just saying that one guy (you) gets to decide morality for every other person, which is preposterous. Even the enlightenment philosophers were forced to keep God around (in deism) in order to have morals.

You seem to have a couple conservative ideas there (objective morality and some societies are better than others) but you don't realize that conservative morality falls flat without a God.
      Jordan Peterson can try to invent a morality from some "oversoul" of a subconscious, but that still makes no sence why a subconcious drive should dictate everytging else.
      Ben Shapiro and Dennis Prager are the only mainstream conservatives I know of that have a real basis for their values.

• @Adam_INTJ Ben Shapiro's arguments tend to be quite horrendous. If you want my view on morality Sam Harris' is much the same as my own. I'm a proponent of situational ethics, and broadly consequentialist although definitely not simple consequentialism. I never proposed relativism, or else how could I say some societies are better than others? I believe that as a fact people have different views about morality, and if that's what you consider to be relativism then sure, that's a simple fact, but that doesn't mean that all of them are equal. So long as we both agree that morality has to deal with the well-being of sentient creatures we can properly assess moral and legal codes and see if they demonstrably promote the well-being of sentient creatures or diminish it. Morality becomes a joke under the Divine command theorists view. It means nothing, it does not treat humans as moral agents, instead it treats them like dogs not sitting on the couch because it's afraid to get beat.

• I think we should use the death penalty more often. It would save a hell of a lot of money to just execute people rather than keep them in prison for life.

3|1
    0|0
  • People accused of rape shouldn't be judged until a conviction has been made AKA innocent until proven guilty.

Islam, by the nature of its teachings and the manifestation of the religion in society, is a religion of war and intolerance.

Being gay is nothing to be proud of, neither is being of any sexuality, ethnic origin or whatever attribute you were born with and didn't work for.

Women are privileged in the West.

0|2
    0|0
    • True , but in this twisted world nowadays , innocent untill proven guilty is thrown out the window

• I wish that actual rape victims were more willing to go to the police.

Innocent until proven guilty is freedom.

Guilty upon accusation is hysteria.

• Sometimes rape victims are scared. Threatened, shy , afraid of things they dont even know. Beig judge , i had experience with a police. Accompanied someone and all they say was its her fault coz she was drunk. Drunk or not its not acceptable for them to take advantage of her.

• If poop is any other color then brown I just don't support it! I can't get behind a non brown poop. It's unhealthy and immoral! God designed the butthole and digestive tract to create brown poops! Change your diets people! No to anal sex!

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!

1|0
    0|0
  • That the way to salvation, eternal life and God The Father is through Jesus Christ only. Period.

People hate that belief because they consider it narrow minded. Well to bad, that's what the lord Jesus Christ and said taught.

0|2
    0|0
  • Why people don't respect Donald Trump? Ultimately he is the president.

0|2
    1|0
  • Mine: to be indifferent towards other's opinions. This is not a provocation or troll post. I find it unnecessary that a majority of people thinks that it is important to be popular. Those who do, cannot grasp it - which makes me unpopular to them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree, except where does objective morality come from then?

• Show All
    • But what is the standard of morals? The net amount of happiness that occurs from actions determines their morality (utilitarianism)? Majority opinion? A Transcendent morality?

• It is possible that some aspects are regional, and others are global. 'Majority' is a good point I think: It has a huge influence, but still can be sort of wrong. Therefore, I feel suspicious about morals and sometimes have diverting ideas (regarding details). These ideas can be unpopular.

• transgender people shouldn't not be celebrated but put in mental hospitals.

1|4
    0|0
    • Under what diagnosis?

• Show All
    • It's been proven by studies that bullying and transitioning have no effect on the suicide rate of transgenders.

Remember when I said your "Authorities" are irrelevant? Looks like you forgot. A Ph. d does not make someone right.

A liberal acedemic will say anything if you put enough social pressure on him

• @Adam_INTJ Arguments from authority only have to deal with arguments from false authorities. www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J082v51n03_04 I don't know what studies you've been reading, but I have found none that agree with you.

• Where do you want me to begin and how long have you got?

0|1
    0|0
  • Traps are not gay. Its not gay if you say homo. A brojob is not gay. Im not gay. Crippled girls are attractive

0|0
    1|2
  • If my baby has a disorder that's not at the most slight autism, abort and try again.

0|0
    1|2
  • logan was trash-course-more people have been sayin that, so...

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m suspicious of the metoo movement

0|2
    0|0
  • Women have more power than men

3|3
    1|2
  • I hate bronies.

0|0
    1|0
  • I hate hamburgers

0|0
    1|0
  • Women aren't oppressed in USA

1|3
    0|0
  • Hitler did nothing wrong...

1|0
    3|5
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• I support gay rights.
    We should stop giving so much of our taxes to prisons.
    Health care isn’t a right, it’s a privledge.
    We should execute rapists (including underage ones).
    There’s a lot more but lol. Yes, I know this is a bit cold hearted.

0|1
    0|1
    • interesting list thanks for sharing!

• Show All
    • @gtjrh4zrfg Yeah, I'm gay, and most people support me.

• @ScarletAngelic And I'm happy to hear that ! :)

• -People should adopt instead of having biological kids.
    -Babies are ugly, and cats are better than kids.
    -Unnatural coloured hair looks better than natural coloured hair.
    -Flats are more attractive than heels.
    -Most mainstream music sucks.
    -Most mainstream movies suck.
    -Animation is better than live-action.
    -Killing animals is just as bad as killing humans.

0|1
    1|2
    • Lol except first one I agree with everything else.

• Show All
    • @lala_ray I am personally not interested in having kids at all, so obviously people shouldn't be forced to adopt if they don't want to, but I think those who are interested in having kids should consider adoption.

• Ohhh gotcha... sorry English is not my first language hence sometime I misunderstand things...

• I don't see why people make such a big deal about chivalry
    I don't understand why teenagers want a boyfriend/girlfriend
    There are probably more but that's all I can think of right now

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no unpopular opinions. All of my opinions are popular.

0|2
    0|0
  • Chocolate is for the most part gross and I don't like animals.

0|0
    1|0
  • In general, life isn't too bad.
    I trt not to be cynical, unlike a bunch of people haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Rock isn't dead
    I am atheist as fuck
    Instead of babies, how about dogs?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why All hardworker people and hard labor jObs are in a low income?

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in killing criminals too

0|0
    0|0
  • on what?

0|0
    0|0
  • Alien exists. XD

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes