What unpopular opinions do you have?

List them below :)

1234

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess being an Antinatalist would automatically count since many people find Antinatalism controversial?

"Antinatalism is a philosophical position that assigns a negative value to birth, standing in opposition to natalism. It has been advanced by figures such as Arthur Schopenhauer, Slavoj Žižek, Emil Cioran, Matti Häyry, Peter Wessel Zapffe, Doug Stanhope, Thomas Ligotti and David Benatar."

From RationalWiki:

Arguments that a child may be harmed merely by its own birth-

-If a parent is financially unstable or low-income, this may cause misery for the child. Since the child has nothing to do with the financial breakdown of the couple, it is unethical to give birth to a child only to cause it misery.

-A slightly more broad version of the above argument goes that to live is, by definition, to suffer, and so to have children is merely to perpetuate suffering.

-If a parent has a genetic disorder, the child may inherit it.

Philosophical arguments-

-People have a responsibility toward the environment. Thus to prevent overpopulation and other environmental problems, they should choose not to have children.

-People have a responsibility to help those already here. Having children deprives people from helping them fully due to the extra burden of child-rearing and further draining resources to aid them.

-Childbirth is an act of selfishness that only serves to boost people's ego and/or is done solely as a means to benefit those who birth them.

-It is immoral to birth children into broken and/or unfree societies that will coerce them to obey and shall be exploited unfairly as long as such societies are thus maintained.

-Antinatalism is a philosophy which holds that giving birth to a child is a negative value, thus it is immoral to have a child for a specific or multiple reasons which includes reasons given above and below. In fact, technically speaking, the refusal to birth children at all is antinatalist meaning the childfree movement itself is an offshot of this philosophy.

-Anyone who believes in an eternal Hell should surely realize how inexcusably reckless and immoral it is to bring into existence a being who has even the slightest chance of ending up there. Curiously, this conclusion is lost on many religious people.

• The critics and haters typically all think that: "If everybody thinks and feel this way then THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD FUCKING END" or that the human species would disappear or become extinct.

And I'm like seriously?

I find it completely absurd that people would actually think that we're all eventually going to follow this and think this way and would actually die out because of this way of thinking.

We may die out eventually from OTHER reasons and OTHER POSSIBILITIES, but CERTAINLY NOT from this way of thinking, feeling or belief, because the majority will never have this kind of a mindset.

• Gee, I missed this one. Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. I believe that the mind is the most important thing about finding a partner, not looks, at all.
    2. I believe that history, the media and by extension society has taught people that certain skin types are better than others.
    3. I believe that anybody can love anybody else if their mental blocks were down. That is, I believe true love is boundary-less
    4. Your ability to be successful resides solely on your ability to keep going. Nothing else, nobody else.
    5. There is nothing a good imagination cannot fix.

Okay that's it lol... I'll stop now or I might go on forever hahaha