Are you against the use of the word 'cunt'?

Now, I know it's not a nice word and I do get a little offended when someone uses it towards me, but I have also used it a time or two, myself. I'm not against the word as a whole because let's be honest, some people are huge cunts.

• Yes, no one should use that word for anything
    19%(5)15%(13)Vote13%(8)
  • No, it's just a word
    46%(12)43%(37)Vote42%(25)
  • Eh, I don't care
    35%(9)27%(23)Vote23%(14)
  • It's my favorite word
    0%(0)15%(13)Vote22%(13)

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a cruel word, but it holds no additional significance, not crueler overtones, than many other words.
    How is being called a cunt worse than being called a piece of shit, for example?
    People react as if the word is some truly vile, terrible thing. It is true that it is harsh, when used as an insult, but people equate it in intensity to the n-word, and I just don't see that that is true at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• TBH I haven't really said it lol. But depends on how you say it or who you say it to or how the conversation is going.

What Guys Said 32

• It's a word with a certain gravity that can be appropriately used. It also has humour value to it.

For instance, I used to work with a guy who was a bit clumsy and had dark hair and glasses and he was given the nickname Clark Cunt (Clark Kent - Superman).

• I'm not against it per se', but I don't use it because it offends so many people. Unless I really wanted to offend someone, of course. But I would have no problem if a woman wanted to use it in a sexual way, like if she was playing around or something: "Get down there and lick my cunt, you bad boy," or "Yes! Fuck that cunt! Harder, you bitch!" LOL|-)

• Women seem to be REALLY offended by this word in particular! More than any other I think and I don't know why? What makes this more offensive than any other? I think maybe it's the way it sounds maybe? Like it's a hard sounding word. I think it's maybe a subconscious thing?

• I only called one woman it and it wasn't direct. "Antisocial cunt" was what I said LOL and I was joking. But did she ever take offense!!! Like, whoops! lol She DID NOT see the humor AT ALL!

• It's funny how the whole world (excluding Australia) is offended by the word 'cunt', but for Scottish people it's common to refer to each other as 'cunts.' That cunt. These cunts. Love that cunt.

• Go to Ireland, England, Scotland, wales , New Zealand and Australia.. Cunt is used like the work BITCH.. they actually say went Americans say it, it sound dirty and offensive. But not when they themselves do..
    Hey Cunto, How's she cut'en
    Lucky Cunt ya..
    that Cunting bastard...
    LOVE THE WORD.. the Cunt of it, is that I am in the US and catch on fire if I use it here..

• I don't think it should be considered any worse than calling someone a dick.

• It’s just a word and it’s true words have power especially these days. Normally I would not care but according to you millennial’s and this new age of everyone being a victim I would say it is definitely A word that can really be offensive but that’s not saying much these days pretty much anything is offensive to you snowflakes... lol

• Language is all about your audience.

• Yes, no one should use that word for anything. That is one word
    that i don't like to hear being used.

• I'm against it's indiscriminate use. It should only be used to describe people who are cunts, such as Jean-Claude Juncker.

• I've never used the word myself, but it isn't a word that bothers me either.

• No, it's just a word

• If a girl is being a cunt I'm gunna call her one 🤷‍♂️

• I don't get why it's supposed to be so offensive. It's just a word. But then I don't get why people get offended by swearing in general. It doesn't really make sense when you think about it.

• I'm used to calling my friends cunt as a term of endearment.

• It's rude but in reality it just means pussy

• I have a severe case of potty mouth 🙊

• Cunt.

• Sounds like the sound something makes when you kick it.

• THE WORD "CUNT" HAS GERMAN ORIGIN. CHAT KITCHA KITTY CAT IS THE TRUE MEANING BUT THE GERMANS USE THE WORD FOR FELID AS AMERICANS DO- LIKE PUSSY IS USED FOR THE FEMALE GENITALIA

• Only people from the UK and Australia should be allowed to say it

• Gosh, I haven't heard that word in a while. I'd like it best if a girl used the word on herself!

• Eh, I don't care

• Yes unless you're and aussie then its fine

• There are a lot worser words then that word like ablest, racist, xenophobic or homophobic words.

• I don’t use it.

• As far as curse words, I never use it. It does feel a bit more despicable than bitch.

• Nah. In fact, I often use it as banter on my Australian friend. He's a honorary cunt.

• Love the word! It's more a term for endearment 😁

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 15

• I'm against any type of profanity. If you have to use such a dirty word, you lack respect for yourself and people period. I can care less where it came from.

• I got in the habit of saying it in general. Calling someone a cunt or being called one is usually a good way to get your neck snapped.

• I don't know if it's because English is not my native language but it's just a word to me. I don't even find it that rude.

• I don't see it as that bad of a word really because I didn't grow up associating it as a bad word. I guess it'd be like if someone in another language cursed at me, it wouldn't have the same effect as being cursed out in English.

• I cannot say I get worked up about people using old Anglo Saxon words, or wherever it came from.

• Just one of many curse words.

• No it's just a word. Honestly could be hot in bed... lol

• Why would I be. It's basically just another word for person 😂

• I would prefer it didn't get used there's way less awful words

• I used to hate it but now it's whatever LoL

• Eh I don’t care

• Highly against. its trashy

• Just like any other word for me

• I don't care. Most people who are bothered by the word are usually cunts...

• I dont use it personally but i dont really care if others use it