What advice can you give to a new driver?

I just turned 16 two weeks ago and I'm planning to get my permit sometime next week. I've driven in a parking lot a few times, but honestly it's been a few months since the last time I was at the wheel. I'm really nervous to get on the road, because I'm at the point where 20mph seems really fast to me. Any advice you can give to ease my worries?

322

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s like riding a bicycle. You don’t forget anything.

Don’t avoid faster roads. The more you drive on them the less of a big deal it will be.

For the best advice have someone with lots of driving experience in the car with you. Someone who isn’t always freaking out/scared... lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I took an extra four years to get my license so I understand your situation. Start out small going around your neighborhood then slowly work out from there. It kinda sucks but the only way to practice driving and get over any fear of it is driving.