To those perhaps 25 and older, where were you when the OJ Simpson verdict was read on TV?

I was in the 6th grade and we all gathered around my PE teachers car to listen to the verdict. reaction was mixed. Where were you?

And if you weren't born yet or were too young to remember, how do you feel about the OJ trial?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't remember where I was exactly but I remember living during that time right in the heart of it and just becoming an adult.

Just a few years before OJ, I watched LA Riot over the Rodney King verdict. I watched a media try to explain away a white man being pulled from his truck and almost being beaten to death because he happened to be on the wrong street at the wrong time. I watched society become a mob and what that means and how people tried to justify it... like there is justification for losing your mind and joining a mob. lol!

A few years later with OJ, I watched the power of suggesting a mob and what it does to reason. It may even influence a jury... or so history may prove...

Most Helpful Guy

• I remember actually. I was a little kid about 8-9-10 can't remember exactly and I was with my family and we were overseas.

I was in some kind of sugar high or something and I was just cracking up at the seriousness of the broadcast and my dad was telling me to shut up

What Girls Said 11

• I don't remember, but I've always believed he was guilty.

• I donโ€™t know.

• I don't remember where I was when the verdict was rang but I do remember the car chase. Watching it live on tv.

• I think I was in middle school watching Channel 1 TV News for school ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I was 10 years old and can't remember that much. Our teacher asked us to vote on whether he was innocent or guilty and I voted guilty cause my parents said he was guilty and a black girl accused me of being racist cause I voted him guilty.

• I wasn't born yet so I don't know

• My mom told me about the day OJ was found innocent. She was in class and everyone was either happy or upset. Twas a crazy day.

• I was 4 so I've no idea.

• I remember hearing about it from my college rowing coach.

• I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. I think we just had a regular day of school.

• I don't remember where I was either but I do remember watching the chase as well.

What Guys Said 20

• College first year.

• I was at work - just as I was during the original white Bronco chase, which we watched on TV.

• I was watching it and still have it on vhs but in my opinion the whole bs that spond from it shows me the world is full of bullshit people i dont care that oj was black and his wife was white they both could have been fucking green for all i care at the end of the day a woman's life was taken that is a murder trail they dont have them for fun people get killed every day just cause it involved celebrities doesn't make it more important then when my neighbors cause was shot 21 times from a drug deal gone bad its all the same instead of someone coming home for dinner someone is in a body bag so you tell me why you want to live remebering the day a verdict was heard where were you when that woman was kill how about them apples huh๐Ÿ˜”

• I was at a bar in a casino because they were replying his verdict for some odd reason when I was there last year lol.

• I didn't care much but I think I saw it on tv. I remember 9/11 much more vividly.

• I don't remember where I was. At the time I thought the hoopla around the case was bizarre and I didn't pay much attention to it. I have a better understanding of the racial narratives and why it was important case to some now. I still think it's kinda weird that people where so invested in the case and unfortunate that social issues put pressures on the case in general.

• Tremendous face palm.

• Being a child and not concerning myself with a murder trial

• I was enjoying life and not giving a shit.

• My grandma's house lol.

• Not a clue

• I don't remember. I barely remember parts of what happened.

• HE DINDU NUFFIN, GOD DAMN POLICE SYSTEM

• I was driving to a sales call. No doubt OJ did it. However, Karma
    properly bit him on the ass. May that murdering bastard burn in eternal damnation.

• I think I was 4, so no sorry, at this time was my attention more at eating dirt

• I think I was in school I was a freshman in high school

• I ignored it because it had nothing to do with me and wasn't interesting enough to pay attention to.

• I don't remember. Probably wasn't watching or listening. If I was, I just have a poor memory for it.

• Do you think USA courts are corrupt?