What's the longest you've ever gone without sleeping?

And why?

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 35 hours
    Had a medical emergency with my ex girlfriend and someone had to stay by her side.

I refused to sleep for like forever
    Any sort of noise she made woke me right back up.
    At like hour 34 I started struggling real bad and then I sort of passed out.

When I came to I was in the bed beside hers, so I could keep watch.

• That's cute. :)

• And you’re most welcome for the reply ^_^ hope it actually helped

• You're welcome. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 4 days and 3 nights before my first nap, the whole thing lasted a week with barely any sleep! The cause was writing a university assignment! And I somehow scraped s top grade but seriously never ever ever ever again! Lol

Disclaimer: don't do it kids it's not clever πŸ™‚

• Think I aged about 1 year during that time too! πŸ˜…

What Guys Said 56

• 3 nights, because I couldn't sleep

• 38hrs I think. On a Friday night I stayed at school overnight doing a special thinkfast activity where are you don't eat for 24 hours beforehand, Break the fast together at school and for the rest of the night do fun activities and sleep over at the end. Me and my friends we're up all night playing in the gym at 1am, then just dance in the cafeteria, monkey in the middle on the stage and sneaking into a classroom that was unlocked and talking in the dark for hrs. By the Saturday morning I've been up all night but wasn't really tired when I got home so I end up staying awake the entire day and going to bed Saturday night so I was up for like 38 hours think. Sure felt like a long weekend because when I was home Saturday morning it sure felt like Sunday because of the time off I had from school and being awake the entire time.

• If you don't count short 20-30min naps, then 4 days. If you do, then 3 days. I've never been one to need that much sleep.

• 60 hours. Extreme last minute coursework followed by my first-time with caffeine and it hit me for about 12 hours.

• At the moment, 24hours of no sleep... y?
    This app is interesting... And my exams finishing the day before!!πŸ˜œπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘‘

• Almost 48 hours with no external substances, maybe 2 cups of coffee. I was building a computer program with 4 other classmates and we were so in the zone I'm not sure if we even stopped to eat. Got drunk and crashed for about 20 hours after the project was sent.

• On purpose, a little over 100 hours. But then, if when you fall asleep you might be killed, that tends to be rather motivating.

Not on purpose and thanks to idiot doctor's egregious malpractice, almost 9 days. Yes, I know it's far fetched, no, I'm not embellishing. Technically I was in and out of REM cycles or some nonsense for brief periods, technically getting moments of sleep, but visibly awake, kind of like sleepwalking.

• About 1 month because of cortisone.

Did take more than 3 months to getting regular sleeping pattern with enough hours in a row.

Stumble in to one person about 12 year's ego that haven't slept for more than 30 years in a row.

• I've gone almost 3 days. 4 days if you don't count brief naps.
    Longest I've slept is 21 hours, completely uninterrupted.

• 1.5 hour of sleep for 9 consecutive days.

• Been there done that. I was a wreck afterwards, I need my beauty sleep. :P

• @r4ngeF 😘😘

• like 20 hours, I NEED my beauty sleep

• 3 days when a friend died was having bad nightmares and everytime I closed my eyes i would dream about him I was 15 years old when my 14 year old friend was killed and that was probably the 1st time that a close friend of mine had died now I got so use to it I still dream about him just not as scary cause I was afraid of dying back then and him passing made dying that much more real but where I lived that changed real fast. wasn't afraid ever again

• 2 minutes

• Somewhere in 40 hours. I am sure it didn't reach two day mark. I did it during preparation of my high school final exams.

• 3 days, it was when my son was born. The first day was my wife having him, and then the second two I was in the NICU with him so he wasn't alone while my wife was healing

• A whole week

• The longest I've gone without sleep is 48 hours.

• What for?

• Really only 6 mins? πŸ˜‚

I stopped because I don't have time and I became a bit lazy. It is something I plan on starting back in 2018 hopefully 😊

• Yeah I wasn't much into running. Or PE in general. :P

• 36 hour, i was taking along flight and it got delayed even more and i reached my destination after like 43 hours.

• less than 48h i think, studying what i should've studied past 7 months lol

• 40 hours, hardcore gaming

• 1 year

• For about 28-29 hours. I had so many homework to do. What about you?

• 54 hours, emergency work

• Around 48 hours. I was trying to make more friends online because I didn't feel like sleeping and all my other friends were asleep.

• 25 hours i guess

• 21 days if you're asking you probably know the answer to this thank you yes involves skating with Tina

• 25 hours, end of season league grinding lo

• About 80 hours, we had a 3 day party, I slept for 24 hours after that.

• 3 day party damnit! I'm dead after only a few hours. πŸ˜‚

• Meh, I can't drive anyway.

• Neither could I at that point πŸ˜‚

• 3-5:30 AM. I was doing a drawing for an organization.

• What sort of drawing?

• They said it had to be related to specific subject they mentioned. I tried to make a short manga, and I made another drying.

Most artist here only draw and paint landscapes, women. I always try to think out of the box, unfortunately what I get was nothing, my drawings weren't published.

• 5 days

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 18

• Wow, people here have had some grueling experiences. I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned anything about hallucinating, as some pretty intense visual hallucinations can start to set in after the 72-hour mark of sleep deprivation.

The longest I've ever gone without a wink of sleep was 38 hours. It was due to a multi-transfer trip from Canada to eastern Europe. Those lengthy layovers coupled with my inability to sleep on anything that is not a horizontal surface damn near killed me. I felt like a member of the Walking Dead by the time I reached my final destination.

• It wasn't a hallucination more like floating outside of your body experience.

• About 40 hoursβ€”I had a lot of assignements that I had to complete in two days and didn’t have time to sleep... I ended up falling asleep on top of my computer XD

• Around 55 hours. I took had a flight which lasted over 30 hours because of multiple delays. When I finally got home, I realized that I had an exam the next day which I didn't study for and ended up spending the rest of the time studying. Only was able to fall asleep after the exam was over

• A day, and I did it twice. I had papers to do for college, I used to be irresponsible and I was working with people who were also irresponsible, so I end up doing everything later than I should.

• 60 hours. Project with deadline.

• About 26 hours not good

• 3 days maybe. I just wanted to.

• 2 months

• How are you even alive πŸ˜‚

• Well when I hear say someone how’d you sleep? And if I only get 1-3 hours that’s not sleeping. That’s taking a nap. Sleeping is 6-8 hours or more

• Two days. I just couldnt sleep, I had to many worries. Thats a very long time ago, I was like 14-16.

• 3 days. I had to much energy. I just was hiper for 3 days non stop. I dont know why

• Wish I had so much energy.

• Yeah i work 12 hours a day because and if i just rest for an hour i regain energy. I dont know its weird. I do a lot of sports too. Cause i can't fall asleep unless i reduce it.

• 2.5 days -

• i did it over night, i was binge reading killing stalking

• 3 days. Worked way too much

• 2 days

• The longest I've gone was 18 hours.

• 48 hours. I was traveling from the UK to Vegas. Long transfers in between

• 42 hours or so, my grandmas snores and my dads snored combined felt like an earthquake

• 2 Days max. Can't remember. This is not accurate, probably less.