What does your key to success look like?

Is it hard work? Conviction and persistence?

Or is it “working smarter, not harder”?

Is it clenching your teeth, smiling and nodding through the adversity? Or, is it avoiding the adversity and focusing as much as possible on that which makes you happy?

Have you unlocked the door yet?

1032

Most Helpful Guy

• It comes down to what "success" really means to you.
    For me, success is waking up one day unable to feel any sort of unpleasantness or animosity towards any of the responsibilities laid out in the day ahead of me.
    The perfect, unadulterated sense of content.
    It is mostly an internal state of being, but I suppose career success is also a factor in achieving it.

As far as career success goes, it involves a lot of persistence and willingness to follow what really makes me happy, even at the cost of burning bridges or disappointing others.

But "working smart" is also an important factor.
    I really detest the preconceived notions of what "honest work" is, especially if they are allowed to interfere with one's own pursuit of well-being and happiness.

I feel great disdain for those who complain about their situation but live their life like they are flotsam that got randomly washed ashore someplace.

• "For me, success is waking up one day unable to feel any sort of unpleasantness or animosity towards any of the responsibilities laid out in the day ahead of me."
      Agreed. It seems that this we're born into this state (at least, I was), but grow out of it as the years progress. How to grow back into it; to get back to waking up with nothing but a childish sense of happy-go-lucky-ness towards the day? That's the question.

"I feel great disdain for those who complain about their situation but live their life like they are flotsam that got randomly washed ashore someplace."
      Very much agreed. I recall telling you that I've ended friendships over people coming to expect agreement from me on all matters. This was one of those matters--a constant state of complaining coupled with complete unwillingness to alleviate the cause of those complaints.

• "How to grow back into it; to get back to waking up with nothing but a childish sense of happy-go-lucky-ness towards the day? That's the question."

Hah, that I don't know unfortunately. (mind you, I'm quite the big child too)
      But it is exactly that kind of happiness that makes me comfortable in my nihilism.
      It gives me confidence that I don't have to go on a fool's errand trying to give my life a meaning, that I would be perfectly comfortable with it having none.

" I recall telling you that I've ended friendships over people coming to expect agreement from me on all matters."

Oh yes.
      As much as I fear the idea of perhaps never achieving the aforementioned, I think I would hate and disgust myself for willingly letting myself remain in a state of unpleasantness.
      I don't get people like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• The key is every changing depending on the door that I'm trying to open 🤗
    I don't think a skeleton key to success exists, but there's certainly some things that're somewhat uniform! Like confidence, perseverance and trust. As you need to trust in, and be confident with your ability to turn the key and unlock and achieve success.. And you also need to persevere.. As sometimes, some doors are simply kinda tricky to open.. So it's also somewhat of a patience game!
    Nice question! :)

What Guys Said 31

• My keys to success are the study of human behaviour and the belief in strategic thinking. When you are blessed with full physical and mental capacity then your only real obstacles are likely to be people. Understanding people and how to negotiate with people is the quickest route to getting where you want to be.

• Persistence and Machiavellian guile/ruthlessness. Identify who can help you and put yourself at the front of their minds at all time.

I work with a structural engineer who is possibly the smartest guy i've ever met... but the key thing is, he works FOR me. I keep him content with decent pay and a good team around him, which lets me use his smarts to pad my own resume out.

• I learned at an early age (thanks to my father), that the key to life success, is long-term based decision making.

Unfortunately too many people in their teens and 20s, make impulsive decisions in their life, that are fruitful in the short term, but damaging in the long term.

NOBODY can maintain success with frivolous and short-term decision making

• Success is peace even when the world is burning all around you.

• Just get up fast after you fail.
    The faster you rise, the more chances you will succeed.

Israeli saying:
    "I'd rather have an epic failure, than dreams folded in my drawer".

• Working smarter is definitely something I follow.

However becoming successful does require a lot of work as well. There's no short cut unless you get lucky and win a jackpot.

Also I think another big part is patience. Too many times people give up way too early because they don't see results right away.

This is especially true for new gym members. They have the desire to get in shape, but since they see little to no change after a few weeks they stop going.

• A set your goals super low

or

B slap your "success" label on whatever you have right now

cause otherwise you will just get dissappointed and depressed by life.

• I don't give up where it matters. I kept going because I wanted to be able to be the best version of me. I still have much to do but I'm working on it

• I don't know if you have figured out yet that I try to be a good guy, but I also have an aversion to other people s bullshit. I liked trumps quote, "I would like to take this chance to apologize, to nobody, Because Donald trump does what ever the f@&k he wants" . When you meet people spend more time trying to figure out why your similar to them, and stop being so negative all the time. You may enjoy company.

• It's not exactly a key to success in the capitalistic sense, but integrity is the key, in my opinion.

• The key to my success is to lose 50 + lbs and reach my goal with my weight than meet a girl who will accept me for whom i am.

• The key is too bide my time and, wait for the right opportunity. Till then, it's to improve myself and, rectify my mistakes.

• I personally think the key is "don't limit yourself to anything."
    Currently I haven't found that key, though.

• 1|0
  • Study, work, work, work and some luck

• Never had one

• To me hard work always pays, i believe you should work hard with honesty and he is the one who is watching you all the time from the sky will reward you what you deserve when it is the right time.

• Depends on definition of success. Smart work, hard work, persistence and patience all of if will be there regardless whatever you want to to get

• Perseverence, dedication and taking potential adversity into account.

• Working hard , bieng smarter and the most one which I always trying to do is to be a good person and kind one with all the people

• in order to succeed on the outside i must work from the inside

• It was all of the above. To the point I kept turning down promotions.

• Pretty much a: 'get out of jail... free' card from monopoly.

• You definitely need a bit of luck, but before that you should work hard enough so that when the opportunity comes you won't miss it!

• I'll let you know when I find it.

• i don't know anymore

• Hard work..

• I worked damn hard to be where I am now, yes there was some luck but I put in the effort. I was told I would never do it but now I am and I'm moving on to a better and harder job (hopefully) as I have my first set of 7hour exams next month

• Doing what I want and being financially stable.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 9

• Stubbornness I would say, because I have been disappointed and messed up many times but if you want to do thinhs right the next time you need to stand for yourself once again, even if you have to be suborn

• Literally all success to me would be happiness I’ve never been truly happy, so that is my goal.

• You've never been truly happy? :o How do you define "true happiness"?

• I guess feeling totally at peace ✌️ I’ve never felt it so I don’t know to be honest lol, I always seem to have some worries or problems.

• Ah, yeah, I know what you mean. I think I remember how "total peace" feels like, but I haven't felt anything close to it since I was a little kid, so I'm not sure.

• Working smarter, not harder.

• taking small steps towards my goals

• Romanticizing simple things is mine, that’s the only way I can be truly happy. Look at the world like a child would.

• Connections; hard work can only get you so far and people usually hire/welcome their friends or certain races (i. e white). Using family connections has gotten me further than trying my best on my own. Maybe even a combination or hard work/perseverance and connections

• 1|0
  • Being smart and making my own choices and my own mistakes which I learn from them, that makes me successful and unlock the keys to success. I live life one day at a time, and loving it more than ever!! ☺ cheers!!

• Working really hard and never giving up no matter what.