What does your key to success look like?

Is it hard work? Conviction and persistence?

Or is it “working smarter, not harder”?

Is it clenching your teeth, smiling and nodding through the adversity? Or, is it avoiding the adversity and focusing as much as possible on that which makes you happy?

Have you unlocked the door yet?

1032

Most Helpful Guy

• It comes down to what "success" really means to you.
    For me, success is waking up one day unable to feel any sort of unpleasantness or animosity towards any of the responsibilities laid out in the day ahead of me.
    The perfect, unadulterated sense of content.
    It is mostly an internal state of being, but I suppose career success is also a factor in achieving it.

As far as career success goes, it involves a lot of persistence and willingness to follow what really makes me happy, even at the cost of burning bridges or disappointing others.

But "working smart" is also an important factor.
    I really detest the preconceived notions of what "honest work" is, especially if they are allowed to interfere with one's own pursuit of well-being and happiness.

I feel great disdain for those who complain about their situation but live their life like they are flotsam that got randomly washed ashore someplace.

• "For me, success is waking up one day unable to feel any sort of unpleasantness or animosity towards any of the responsibilities laid out in the day ahead of me."
      Agreed. It seems that this we're born into this state (at least, I was), but grow out of it as the years progress. How to grow back into it; to get back to waking up with nothing but a childish sense of happy-go-lucky-ness towards the day? That's the question.

"I feel great disdain for those who complain about their situation but live their life like they are flotsam that got randomly washed ashore someplace."
      Very much agreed. I recall telling you that I've ended friendships over people coming to expect agreement from me on all matters. This was one of those matters--a constant state of complaining coupled with complete unwillingness to alleviate the cause of those complaints.

• "How to grow back into it; to get back to waking up with nothing but a childish sense of happy-go-lucky-ness towards the day? That's the question."

Hah, that I don't know unfortunately. (mind you, I'm quite the big child too)
      But it is exactly that kind of happiness that makes me comfortable in my nihilism.
      It gives me confidence that I don't have to go on a fool's errand trying to give my life a meaning, that I would be perfectly comfortable with it having none.

" I recall telling you that I've ended friendships over people coming to expect agreement from me on all matters."

Oh yes.
      As much as I fear the idea of perhaps never achieving the aforementioned, I think I would hate and disgust myself for willingly letting myself remain in a state of unpleasantness.
      I don't get people like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• The key is every changing depending on the door that I'm trying to open 🤗
    I don't think a skeleton key to success exists, but there's certainly some things that're somewhat uniform! Like confidence, perseverance and trust. As you need to trust in, and be confident with your ability to turn the key and unlock and achieve success.. And you also need to persevere.. As sometimes, some doors are simply kinda tricky to open.. So it's also somewhat of a patience game!
    Nice question! :)