Would you say that 'White Trash' is a racist term?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends on how it was said
    Vote C
  • Depends on who said it
    Vote D
  • Depends on something else (please say)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Would "black trash" be racist? If the answer to that is yes, then I think you know what the answer to "white trash" would be!

1|1
    1|0
    • But the question is do YOU think it is racist?

• Not really. There are definitely people it applies to, such as white gun-toting rednecks who marry their cousins.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it is, otherwise they wouldn't include the White part if it wasn't meant as a racist insult.

Plus it is improper. The correct term is "Master Race" . . . because Whites are so good at Nascar. :P

0|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I say white trash all the time but i don't think I'm being racist when saying it i just say it when it's a stupid white person im like look at that white trash smh

0|1
    2|0
    • So it's ok to say 'black trash' when I see a stupid black person then.

• Show All
    • I think we are talking about if a black person calls a white person white trash or if a white person calls a black person black trash... it's racist either way.

• If another race called me white trash i wouldn't be offended but that's just me I don't know about others

• Maybe maybe not. Just like every other race there are white trash people too. I doubt you’ll find many white people that disagree. If a white person is in fact trash then it’s just a statement of fact.

1|2
    0|0
  • Well if you said 'Black Trash' would it be racist? If yes then why would it be different if it's 'White Trash'. I think those posts I see on twitter with sayings like 'White people are at it again' and stuff like that is extremely racist, if that was said about African Americans wouldn't it be racist? What makes it OK to say it about white people?

0|1
    0|0
  • White - white trash

Black - porch monkeys

Mixed - oreos

Both - trailer park trash,

I'm white by the way. I don't typically use these at all. occasionally I do use trailer park trash when the situation arises and there's no other word, but I use jokes sometimes, with friends. One guy calls me hobbit, midget, cracker, I call him white guy (he's black), ogre, etc. He's like a foot taller than me. We joke and that's really the only time I use words that are considered racist.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not a racist term but a classist one. The insult doesn't come because the person is simply white (cracker would be an example) but because of their lifestyle that is associated with their socio-economic status and that they happen to be white.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but it's SO about classes. It usually ties in to how much money someone makes.
    White trash stereotype-poor, uncouth, stupid

0|1
    0|0
  • It has more to do with social class but there's an element of race too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea why wouldn't it be? Based on today's over sensitive politically correct society.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes, but i personally wouldn't find it offensive or care if someone said it to me lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, bc it's a term directed towards certain white people, not the race as a whole.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. It’s not racist. It’s a term to describe someone. However, it is derogatory.

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm white and I use it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. There’s no need to mention “white”

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes this is a racist term in my book.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, you can call blacks black trash.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes that's racist

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• I'm lower class white (white only in appearance I'm actually mixed) and make jokes about it all the time with my white friends and family like well were white trash but the good kind but if somone said it like "eh yo I hate those damn honkeys down at (name a primarily poor white area) they're all white trash" than yes like the n word it is racist in an insulting context or in most context by somone from outside the group unless used in a harmless joke

0|1
    0|0
  • Isn't trash enough of a descriptive?
    Why bring race into it or do we devide everyone further by saying black president. Yellow drug dealer.
    One of the dumbest questions I've heard.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's only as racist as calling someone "black trash."

I don't see the problem with it. They're white and they're trash. The words are serving their purpose and being descriptive.

0|1
    1|1
  • Since "white" was the qualifier, yes. It means that there is some universal difference between "white trash" and other people in the set of "trash". That's a racist position.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used that term yesterday. It can't be racist, because I am white.

If people of a race use a term, then it is not racist to use that term to describe that race.

0|1
    0|1
    • Sooo classic example is Uncle Ruckus from The Boondocks. He isn't racist towards black people because he IS black, even though he refers to black people as "monkeys", "apes", thinks they're unworthy criminals, treats them terribly in comparison to white people? Just curious, because I think there are definitely some exceptions.

• Show All
    • We're not apes... we evolved from monkeys, but we're homosapiens. Homosapiens are actually separate from apes and monkeys.
      Either way, though, calling a specific group of people monkeys or apes because of their race is racist, and Uncle Ruckus just can't pass for being a saint. XD

• @msloli 😂😂 I'm done with him

• No more racist than the term ghetto trash. I use both regularly and don't really care whether it's racist or not.

0|1
    1|1
  • Yeah, I mean would it be racist to say black trash? It's a derogatory racial term no matter how you slice it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am white and I use it

It's more about social class than race

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it depends on who it's referring to along with context, Because it's not like you're using the phrase to describe all white people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well an equivalent term for black people does not exist so yeah I would say it's pretty racist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course it is. It's a racist term that's been around for ages.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on who said it

0|1
    0|0
    • if a nonwhite person says it would you say that is racist?

• That would depend on circumstances and intention , of course

• Yes it is

0|2
    0|0
  • I think it's a bit racist tbh.

1|2
    0|0
  • It's just an insult.

0|1
    0|0
  • Please.. Nothing is racist towards white people :P

1|1
    0|1
  • You can easily argue that it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. It's more directed towards poor white people.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Wigger pleeeeze

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • very racist