Have you ever just known your fallout with someone is inevitable? What did you do?

You have someone you love or care for deeply in your life... but you know that eventually your relationship, friendship, or whatever else is doomed to end. You don’t know when but you kind of know why and possibly how. You do know it will happen. But you love or care for the person too much to let them go before the inevitability occurs.

Has anyone experienced this, a similar situation, or similar emotions? If so, what did you do? How were you feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try your hardest to change the circumstances causing the demise of the relationship. It could be that you or the other person is moving away or it could be a personallity trait that gets in the way of furthering the relationship. If you truly want things to perservere and persist, work to solve the issues that threaten your happiness. However, be wary of alienating the other people in your life. There is a good chance it still may not work out. If you sacrifice your other friendships for someone and they leave, you will have nothing left. Tred carefully and stay smart. I hope things work out in your favor.

Most Helpful Girl

• You make a choice. Fight or let the love you once had die. The memories of what was once perfect, or so you thought, will forever be the most precious of a life time. I have no idea what to do.

• If you have to fight for it, it might not be worth fighting for.

• Sometimes there are things worth fighting for and the battles you faced to get there have been worth it.
      But when you have fought for that person for so incredibly long, that’s sometimes when you realize it might no longer be worth it.. some battles aren’t meant to be fought. And others are meant to be fought but aren’t meant to be won.

• Depends on what your fighting. If your fighting something external to the relationship, that’s one thing. If they’re drifting a way, and you just can’t seem to let go, that’s something entirely different.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, kind of. When I was in Highschool (we live in the same town to be clear). My Girl-Bestfriend, i thought we would be friends forever, but turns out, we were "best-friends" because we are "forced" to see each other in class everyday for 4 years (we always had the same class). I had this feeling in my gut, that she was faking everything, our friendship, the parties we went like we were really close. I thought we both cared deeply for each other in a platonic way, that we'd be friends no matter what, but in a way, I always had that feeling that something is wrong like she was hiding something from me. What I did, I moved on, made sure never completely trust the friends I make. I felt like trash when I found out it was true. It was all lies... True Story by the way

• I understand your pain and what it was like to get there.

But why don’t you allow yourself to trust those you bring in, now?
      I know that having someone do what she did to you makes it difficult... but do you ever feel like making the leap.. completely trusting again, might be worth it?

• I can understand your views. Eventually, though, it’ll be healthy to let someone in. Even if it’s one person. Someone, at some point, will prove to you that they are worth you giving your trust 💜

• Haha thank you, yeah i hope so too that i find someone I can trust, and doesn't happen to yoy. Pro tip: if someone you know is like me, who has serious trust issues, tell them look for respect. If you want someone to trust you, you have to get their respect, they have to earn it in someway.

• I personally tried to fight to protect and repair the relationship but the other person wasn’t willing to change at all and would constantly tell me it was my fault and I needed to change rather then talking things out they would ask for space if I questioned anything they would instantly get angry so there wasn’t much I could do in the end.

• Yea with special friend cuz I know that after 5 - 6 months but I care and love her too much to let her go and start moving on but then she also kind of knows but still we can't face it

• Well nothing last forever, u will definitely find some one else that's worth more than the one u let go so no one is irreplaceable

• I'm experiencing this now. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion, from the passenger seat.

• Just forget all

• I just let it play out. It can't be stopped. The weird part is you already know beforehand. You may be somewhat empathic. I've run into this situation twice.

• Leave them. That sort of relationship or mindset is not a good one because the more the time you spend together the more you get close and the more it hurts when you fallout.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm happy I've never been through this.