What is this flag?

What is this flag??

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• That’s the flag idiots wave while celebrating slavery and losing the civil war.
    The beauty is if you see someone with it: you know they are moronic. So you can just ignore them.
    They will eventually appease themselves with redneck inbreeding.

1|3
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s the confederate flag. It was used in the past to represent the confederate states of America before the civil war.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• It's a rectangular version of one of the old Confederate flags from the American Civil War. It was originally a square if I recall correctly. Anyway, it's really the only confederate flag people recognize these days, considering it's the most popular

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems to be a symbol of racism and division. A tool used by those wishing to bring darkness and hatred to the world.
    The old use as listed in other comments.

0|1
    2|1
    • Bullshit

• Show All
    • Dumb rednecks but the American flag is also used at rally's for other less American intentions.

• None except in museums and similar places in South Carolina. Baring any redneck uses.

• The good part of America.
    It doesn't represent racism as Commiefornians would have you believe.
    It represents freedom from corrupt governments and aristocrats and the right to say and do whatever the hell you like so long as others rights aren't infringed.

1|0
    0|7
    • yeah thats why the south succeeded because their "Rights" i mean slaves were being taken away

• Show All
    • The proclamation was not law but a speech and established nothing legally. What about New York where the blacks rioted because of conscription. Blacks actually claimed to be slaves in order to avoid the draft of free backs. Slavery was a issue in the north as well. Lincoln himself made the proposal to keep slavery in the south in return new territories and states to be slave free. It set no president except to try and appease the pro slavery politicians in congress. The US Congress was divided. Slavery was not his key desire. he wanted control of commerce.

• @readywriter en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Proclamation
      it was an executive order. blacks responses about not wanting to be conscribed to fight has little to do with the fact that the emancipation freed millions of slaves and set the legal precedent for abolition of slavery.

people not wanting to fight is the same issue we saw in vietnam... don't understand it's relevance to the topic at hand
      no one said slavery was the key issue. but it was certainly an issue

• it is called the dixieland i think. i know it is one of several flags flown as a symbol of the confederate army. this one in particular was used by the confederate navy

0|0
    0|0
    • Um no... It's called the Confederate Battle Flag. It's nickname is "The Stars And Bars."

• Show All
    • That's true. Three were 3 official CSA flags and some states fought under there state flags. Lees' Army of Northern Virginia adopted the battle flag but Lee didn't like the flag. Infact he was buried with no flags of any kind at his services. His request.

• @readywriter
      me: " i know it is one of several flags flown"
      you: "Three were 3 official CSA flags"

so to say "No. Nothing near the truth." is obviously not correct. your obstinate disagreement for disagreement sake reveals only that you want to dissent from my point rather than seeing, what i admitted, that there was a singular mistake in my OP

• To those who believe this is a symbol of racism and bigotry, please remember, a symbol only has the power that you give to it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Unfortunately it seems to have been adopted as a rallying symbol by those from the far-right.
      So how could we give it less power? Just ignore it? Or tolerate those armed white extremists, and try to befriend them? Think positively somehow?

• Show All
    • That's true. I like your response.

• @differentpixel I'm from Charleston, SC.

• Confederate flag, actually a very aesthetically pleasing flag in my opinion

1|1
    0|0
  • It's one of the many flags of the no longer existing Confederate States, and also the most recognized.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the confederate flag, no?

0|0
    0|0
  • Confederate battle flag

0|3
    0|0
    • I like how you mention battle* in your response. This is not the flag of the confederacy as many believe. It eventually became the battle flag because the actual confederate flag was getting confused with the US flag on the battlefield.

• Confederate

0|0
    0|0
  • It is the Confederate Battle Flag.

0|0
    0|0
  • A flag with stars and, a X.

0|1
    0|0
  • Confederate Battle flag. Part of history.

0|0
    0|1
  • crappy

it should be burned

0|0
    1|2
    • Nah I wouldn’t go that far.

It should be used for historic purposes, like re-enactments and such, but it doesn’t have much place in today’s world.

• @AzureGirl ok ok id use it as a replacement for toilet paper. i hope the fabric is soft

• Confederates flag?

0|0
    0|0
  • Confederations

0|0
    0|0
  • The flag of the CSA.

0|0
    0|1
  • The confederate flag.

0|0
    0|0