Is aging more difficult for men or women? Why?

• For men
    Vote A
  • For women
    Vote B
  • Depends
    Vote C
  • Both
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Women age like Milk

Men age like fine wine.

Just how it goes!

0|0
    0|0
  • women are under more pressure to look young whilst men become silver foxes. so sad to see older women lifted, tucked and botoxed. it ruins them but its easy to see why they feel the need to go down that path

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Women. I know men can be a little vain about their looks, just not quite to the same extent as women.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• Definitely for women. One of the hallmarks for women’s attractiveness is youth. A man’s maturity can result in him being more mature and also looking older as well, which can be attractive for women. A lot of what makes women attractive is their youthful, jovial, and innocent attitude and appearance. As men get older, they develop more wisdom, progression into their careers, etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Women. Men age like fine wine. Women age like a flower. They bloom and then they fucking rot after hitting the wall. Women will hit the wall around there 30s, we men just look more distinguished as we age. That’s why men are better then women. We don’t trick, bait, attract, shame or dupe women in to marrying us. Women do this all the time- why? Because there biological clock is ticking. Once there appearance fades there enemy is no longer time, it’s younger more beautiful women ;)

1|2
    3|0
    • You don’t see men turning on each other as we get older. But women naturally hate each other. There while lives are filled with hate. Do they hate there wardrobe , do they hate there boyfriends, do they hate other women? Yes, yes, and fuck yes.

• Show All
    • Your comment makes no sense. I’m not going to waste my time with this topic any more.

• Some people just dont have the grasp to understand and accept the truth... sad world

• Aging can and is usually difficuly for both sexes. The male body starts to fail allowing things to malfunction. These things arnt necessarly visible to your partner. But are most certainly known by the male. Yes the hair starts to turn it siilvery color. I know this used to bother my grandmother. But she had a loving family who always complimented her on her looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my experience men, my father although he doesn't admit it is absolutely devastated every time he notices he can't do something because he's getting older.

There's a few other examples I can give, but generally men who take pride in their strength and independence have a hard time aging.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both.
    Especially after 30, most men begin to experience a gradual decline in testosterone. A decrease in sex drive sometimes accompanies the drop in testosterone, leading many men to mistakenly believe that their loss of interest in sex is simply due to getting older.
    Women on the other hand start to lose their youthfulness as compared with their younger peers and that in turn might make them seem less attractive.

1|0
    0|1
  • Aging is pretty simple... Just sit there and do nothing.

Or do you mean, what you think, that others think of you, when you get older?
    Don't give a fuck about what others think of you. Be happy with yourself the way you are.

1|1
    1|0
  • Men are Moore mortal higher death rates per 1000 then women. Womens mortality increase drasticly around menopause almost catching up to mens. Womens intelligence decline faster then men. Mens sexdrive decreases with age women's sex drive increase with age

0|0
    0|0
  • Although we all grow old get arthritis, and cancers and die, I think aging affects ladies first and worst, in general because they spend so much effort maintaining a youthful appearance, that at one stage around the trees and age of forty that natural beauty starts to fade, otherwise the affect of aging are not gender specific, we all suffer in different ways depending on what desease we harbour or injuries are sustained in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's remarkably easy, and just as easy for either group

It's just a matter of not dying - you get older, this is aging. Nothing difficult at all. Keep breathing, read this
    Now realise you have aged a couple of minutes - easy wasn't it?

1|0
    0|0
  • For women. After 24 years old it's all downhill for them.

2|5
    0|0
  • Depends what you mean. Men often have more serious health problems when they get old but older women are less attractive than older men. If it's aesthetics you're talking about, women, if speaking generally, men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely for women. Men typically reach their prime later than women (early 30's) whilst women are already well on the downward slope by then.

It's also a biological fact that status and money account more for a man's worth than a woman's. A woman's worth is primarily in her beauty, which explains the example of primes above. Women can continue to gain wealth and status as they get older like men, but it doesn't make them necessarily more attractive like it does men.

There's also a lot more pressure on women to look younger (via plastic surgery etc) as they age then there is on men, particularly in the entertainment industry. Unfortunately older women in Hollywood struggle to get many lead roles unlike their older male counterparts - George Clooney etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Overall it's scientifically proven that women are more atractive then men. But, women loses their beauty quicker then men after 30. I think that makes it a lot harder for them.

0|2
    0|0
    • You can't 'scientifically prove' attractiveness..

• Show All
    • If you want the science Women need to be more attractive than men to attract mates. That's science that males will look for the most suitable mate to reproduce so females evolved to be as attractive as possible to attract men. Yes we have are preferences in what types of women we like but almost everything in the world is backed by science.

• For women hands down us men we age like a fine wine and as far as me goes I really don't age that much. I've been told I have a baby face and I've always had that type of look

0|1
    0|0
  • Both. I'd say both genders prefer younger partners. Although many are still attractive at older ages. On a side note, women's skin is thinner than men's. Therefore it will age quicker generally, or so I heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think health wise, men. Men tend to agree fast and get old. The process is very sick compared to women. I've noticed my dad has accelerated towards old age very quickly whereas my mam seems to look more young lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men age harder than women due to sperm production and the hard work that we go throughout are lives. We also die younger because making sperm takes a ton of energy to make.

0|0
    1|1
    • Are you aware of women uterus? The process they go through every month? I will explain. Every month the uterus prepares for pregnancy, and if that doesn't happen (almost never happens) the uterus sheds lining it has built up over the last 28 days. After that is over, the uterus starts build up again to become a thick and spongy ‘nest’ in preparation for a possible pregnancy. This. Every month. Bloood everwhereee. Explosiooon. Kay now I'm joking. I just think this takes way more effort than just producing sperm that is going to end up either on the trash or someone's mouth.

• It's science and one of the main reasons why men die sooner than women. It's also the reason why men need more calories than women because men make billions of new sperm cells a day. I am not aware if periods reduce a females life span. But sperm production has been proven to reduce a males life span and is one of the reasons why men die sooner than women

• If you say so

• By far for women. I'm 27 now and can have almost any woman I want. I wish I could say the same when I was 20-22

0|0
    0|0
  • I think aging is rougher on Women cause my cousin since she
    hit age 60 , she's having problems accepting her age now and
    she's worried about that and death.

0|0
    0|0
  • More difficult for women. They go though menopause, and then after a certain age they loose all their charm (mostly). Guys on the other hand the dot age more gracefully.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I think women. At first, I think its equal however the majority of people are straight and men die sooner than women, so more women are widows. I think that makes it harder on women because age means life with the spouse dead.

0|0
    0|1
  • “Men don’t age better than women, they’re just allowed to age.” - Carrie Fisher

0|1
    0|1
  • Haha yet another man triggered, whatever floats your boat 😏

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends on how well one takes care of themselves.
    Women are however judged more harshly on looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Quite clearly for women.

1|2
    0|0
  • Both. It depends on how vain you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men’s looks fade too as they age, I know quite a few guy friends around my age now that aren’t as good looking as they were when they were younger. The irony is people don’t believe my age when I tell them, they think I’m mid 20s still - that’s a baby face for you (as well as keeping healthy and staying in shape).

1|0
    0|3
    • Once you hit 30, your twat is dry and old.

• Show All
    • I just think it’s so ridiculous to assume threat as soon as she hits 30 she’s unattractive. Thoughts also change as you age.

• If you think George Clooney spends hundreds of thousands trying to look young like Jennifer Aniston, think again.

George Clooney on plastic surgery 'I don’t think it really works; I think it actually makes you look older. I’m a big believer in the idea that you can’t try to look younger. You just have to look the best you can at the age you are'. -- Don't call me naive when you haven't done the research.

Women reach their peak of attractiveness in their twenties. It's all down hill from there. That's just a simple fact.

Exhibit A. Mel Gibson.

www.hellomagazine.com/.../gibson1-t.jpg

He's in his 60s and his partner is in her twenties and could be model material. You will not get a guy in his twenties who could be model material marrying a woman in her 60s I can tell you that much.

Recommended myTakes