What shape do you think the Earth is - Poll?

• Round
    73%(19)57%(33)Vote44%(14)
  • Misformed (Oblate spheroid)
    19%(5)31%(18)Vote41%(13)
  • Flat
    8%(2)12%(7)Vote15%(5)

Most Helpful Girl

• oblate ellipsoid

What Girls Said 8

• Basically round, but flattened a bit at the poles. I believe this is due to the rotation of the planet.

• In my opinion its round, but we can never really know if astronauts and such are telling us the truth about it. We just have to trust them.

• Round enough to be called round.

• Best answer because whatever it me be to the nearest 100s of miles, it's round enough.

• Technically geoid

• What's Earth?

• You mean the Earth isn't flat!

• Its a sphere

• Triangular

What Guys Said 20

• Misformed. Think of it this way. You have a water balloon chillin in space with no rotation. Should be almost perfectly rough, right? Yeah. You give it a spin, it's gonna bulge a bit at the side, or equator, and give it a kind of squished sphere. Look up centrifugal force

• Thought I'd share this quote from the Easter Punny

• Well mount everest makes it not round and considering globe is the most simple shape something can take then the most logical answer would be round not perfect but round

• The fact you even have to ask this question casts a large, looming, moon like, spherical shadow over the entire educational system. Go back to eating Tide Pods.

• Oh you little impotent boy. This was a conversation we had in university between all kinds of study fields. I want to see if I can replicate the findings on this site.
      Fyi, schools teach that the Earth is round, something that all space agencies say is false. And the flat Earth theory is a joke in the study.
      Wtf are tide pods?

• Planetary bodies are generally spherical, or at least this is my understanding. Apparently these "tide pods" are some sort of detergent used in washing machines. Whilst we don't have that brand in the UK, we do have something similar. I would ask you to consider my age before calling me a "boy" as by comparison you are a boy. Assuming my fertility could also have prompted some low brow humour from me, but I'll refrain. The whole concept of the earth being flat is absurd and suggests that your university's time and money should be spent on more constructive topics.

• If you remove all the water and only look at the Rock parts, it will look like a misformed piece of stone

• Lol, flat earthers at it again...

Its misformed, but looks a lot closer to round than the second image

• Square and it's rested on the back of a couple elephants swimming through space

• Cubed.

• Mind blown!
      I never even considered it.
      That explains so much if you relate it to the Rubix cube conspiracy.

• Round

• Geoid.

• It's a fuckin hexagon, duh dumbasses!

• The earth is Flat

• Flat, obviously!!

• The earth doesn’t exist. It’s all an illusion!!!

• Flat like one of my ex girl friends.

• Everyone knows it's FLAT, with 4 corners, resting on pillars

• Wiw, there are actual fucktards who think its flat. I thought it was just a myth, but they actually exist in the 21st century

• Misformed

• Dude it's obviously flat.