Is there any breed of dog that scares you?

If so, what one/s

5253

Most Helpful Guys

• All the large ones. Specifically, the overly friendly ones.

Sit down, pour some whiskey, grandpa Compo has a tale to tell.
    Back when I was a kid, and unhealthily obsessed with riding my rollerblades everywhere, I had an uncle. He didn't die, he just randomly disappear.
    He also had a dog.
    I'm not sure what breed it is, but it was fairly large and reached up to my neck. I was seventeen. I was by no means short either, a good 6' lad.
    This dog was friendly. I'm not talking about just wagging his tail and bothering you a bit when you enter the household, no, this thing would launch itself at you when you approach the house, almost through the door. Incidentally, the door was never fully closed, so the slightest of breezes would open. It was also tied with a very weak wire because of the fact my uncle wasn't fast enough to open said door before his dog would ram through it and throw his guest a good distance backwards. This thing was an elephant thinking it's one of those handbag dogs. Not a chihuahua, though.

My father asked me to deliver something to my uncle. Naturally, me, being a lazy arse who didn't feel like walking, put on my rollerblades and went there with little to no grip under my feet. I was not informed of this monstrosity. I see the door slightly ajar, think nothing of it and ring the bell. As soon as I let go, I hear rumbling. The door flies open and this creature launches itself, face forwards, and aiming straight at my nuts. Again, I'm holding basically zero traction and this dog lodged its face RIGHT in my nuts, attempting to examine them. I'm a boy, so regardless of condition, I'm proud of my nuts. I'm caring of my nuts. A large mouth full of teeth is NEVER welcome near a man's nuts, unless it belongs to another, gentle human, preferably female. Or male, I don't judge. I grab the dog's head barely enough to push it away from my nuts, however, it presses onwards. It is now pushing my hands, pushing its face away from my nuts, and as a result, I'm doing about 30-40kph. In reverse. With a large mouth, full of teeth RIGHT at my nuts.
    Not a good day.
    Ever since, if the dog is too large for me to easily kick away, I don't trust it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm scared of Rotties because when i was 9 i was mauled by one at a new years eve party. It nearly killed me.

P. S. i know not ALL rottie's are like this, but the fact i was almost mauled to death by one terrified me for life.