Is there any breed of dog that scares you?

If so, what one/s

Is there any breed of dog that scares you?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• All the large ones. Specifically, the overly friendly ones.

Sit down, pour some whiskey, grandpa Compo has a tale to tell.
    Back when I was a kid, and unhealthily obsessed with riding my rollerblades everywhere, I had an uncle. He didn't die, he just randomly disappear.
    He also had a dog.
    I'm not sure what breed it is, but it was fairly large and reached up to my neck. I was seventeen. I was by no means short either, a good 6' lad.
    This dog was friendly. I'm not talking about just wagging his tail and bothering you a bit when you enter the household, no, this thing would launch itself at you when you approach the house, almost through the door. Incidentally, the door was never fully closed, so the slightest of breezes would open. It was also tied with a very weak wire because of the fact my uncle wasn't fast enough to open said door before his dog would ram through it and throw his guest a good distance backwards. This thing was an elephant thinking it's one of those handbag dogs. Not a chihuahua, though.

My father asked me to deliver something to my uncle. Naturally, me, being a lazy arse who didn't feel like walking, put on my rollerblades and went there with little to no grip under my feet. I was not informed of this monstrosity. I see the door slightly ajar, think nothing of it and ring the bell. As soon as I let go, I hear rumbling. The door flies open and this creature launches itself, face forwards, and aiming straight at my nuts. Again, I'm holding basically zero traction and this dog lodged its face RIGHT in my nuts, attempting to examine them. I'm a boy, so regardless of condition, I'm proud of my nuts. I'm caring of my nuts. A large mouth full of teeth is NEVER welcome near a man's nuts, unless it belongs to another, gentle human, preferably female. Or male, I don't judge. I grab the dog's head barely enough to push it away from my nuts, however, it presses onwards. It is now pushing my hands, pushing its face away from my nuts, and as a result, I'm doing about 30-40kph. In reverse. With a large mouth, full of teeth RIGHT at my nuts.
    Not a good day.
    Ever since, if the dog is too large for me to easily kick away, I don't trust it.

0|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm scared of Rotties because when i was 9 i was mauled by one at a new years eve party. It nearly killed me.

P. S. i know not ALL rottie's are like this, but the fact i was almost mauled to death by one terrified me for life.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 51

• Nope, but the overly breeded breeds that have a million and two genetic diseases and problems freak me out..

0|0
    0|0
  • Any large, barking dog puts me on edge. But I was bit on the chin by a pitbull that was going after my nieces and nephew. She was going for my throat but I tucked and she got my chin instead.

Just to clarify, I in no way blame the dog. We called the warden on her owners multiple times because they treated her like trash and had no business owning a dog. I pitied her honestly. But I just can't do big dogs anymore. I've tried because I love dogs so much but my anxiety won't let me

1|1
    0|0
  • Pitt Bulls, particularly ones used for guarding property or because some homeboy wants to feel tough walking around with one. They can totally turn on you and even kill you if they can get to your neck

0|1
    0|0
  • Salukis. πŸ• Here's why: imagine a wolf 🐺 that can climb like a cat. 🐈
    I don't really hate them. I think they're awesome, like how grizzly bears, lions, or sharks are cool. I just wouldn't want to be near any of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s the individual dog, nothing to do with the breeds. Been chased out of yards by poodles, and I have a cousin that fosters pit bulls that are all big teddy bears

1|2
    0|0
  • Gold diggers dressed in skimpy clothes looking for sugar daddies. Some of them walk around taking selfies. Shouldn't be let loose in public

2|4
    4|0
  • Not any breed as such, but some dogs are just assholes. They'll bark at you even though they've known you for years. Lol

2|2
    1|0
    • I usually bark back... Is that weird?

• Show All
    • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ not her fault though. Chihuahuas are scary!! Pocket sized scarecrows!! Lol

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• fucking silky terriers and similar little yappy dogs with 'short person' syndrome. Been bitten by them in the past.
    Not especially keen on pit-bulls or dobermans or rottweilers either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pitbulls, they should be eradicated from the very earth itself.

0|1
    5|1
  • German Shepherd. I have been attacked by 2 of them.

0|2
    0|0
  • Pitbulls

one hopped a fence and chased me and my friends though an alley
    it almost bit the back of my leg

1|0
    2|0
  • I own a Rotweiler. So not really... any dog has the potential to harm or threaten someone... it's more to do with the owner than the dog itself though

1|0
    0|0
    • While that is generally true (certainly of breeds like pit bulls) that's not always the case. Breeds like chows are naturally aggressive

• Of course they have tempers just like humans... but nothing is naturally aggressive as such... it has to be trained or raised a certain way for it to be aggressive.

• Any dog that's overly aggressive and bread for attacking I think. But more so the owner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a specific breed, a super mut made from pitbull, German Shepherd and great Dane, a 6 week old pussy is fucking huge! I used to have one and I was scared that he would eat me!

0|0
    1|0
  • Pitt bulls. I've been attacked, unprovoked, by them on two occasions about two years apart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wolf hybrid looks scary. there's a black one on google images. With a lady holding it standing in front of a brick wall. That looks mean!

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe chows They are an extremely aggressive breed and can change their temperament on a dime.

0|0
    0|0
  • A pitbull attacked a family member of mine when they were a small child, so I am wary of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have German Shepherd. She scares everyone but she's a dope who wants scratches.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm scared of breeds of dogs that are small. They're ferocious.

1|0
    0|1
  • I’m not scared of them I just really dislike German Shepherds and Dalmatians

0|0
    0|0
  • This might be racist but I don't like my dog around pitbulls

1|0
    3|0
  • Pit Bulls should scare everyone, right? I mean, they turn on their "masters", and even eat kids.

0|0
    4|2
    • If they were raised for fighting yes. But some pitbulls can be loveable dogs. All dogs can be peaceful and lovely

• Show All
    • @nuffsaid
      All my data is up to date, and not from back in the day (why the F would it be?)
      If one does not want to demonstrate their age/ignorance, then they should keep their mouth shut, huh, and if they don't, then an elder will have to straighten them out. I'm about as senile as you are educated/knowledgeable. And, so much for respecting your elders, huh, kid? Your parents are part of this problem. You have no respect, and you will succeed noone - you'll be a casualty, obviously. not smart enough to come in out of the rain. Know what - you should go right out and buy a few pit bulls. Yah. I hope you enjoy them (and that they end up enjoying you (or, parts of you, anyway).

• When i saw "The running of the BullDogs" commercial. I was terrified ever since.

0|1
    0|0
  • any breed of dog that's big enough to severely hurt me. i can't stand dogs. i don't trust them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, except maybe chihuahuas. What's with the shaking, are you a cop. Hahaha jk

0|0
    0|0
  • My Lhasa Apso scares me cuz she's so sweet and loving it's scary

0|0
    0|0
  • Shiba Inus tend to be kind of nasty but I wouldn't say they scare me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chihuahua

4|3
    0|0
  • Cat.

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 51

• I don't like the word scare, but more so "intimidates" me is a dogo argentino as I had one bark and chase after me before when my friend didn't know how to handle him.

It's not the breed of the dog that scares me, it's the owner and whether or not if they know their dog, how they've train their dog and how they handle them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dachshunds. There was a guy in my neighborhood when I was a kid who bred them and would walk them by our bus stop every day (no leash because it wasn't required by law) they'd charge us because they were fucking demons from hell who craved kindergartener flesh.

I've worked at a spay/neuter clinic and Chihuahuas and Dachshunds are consistently the ones that go for your fucking face when they wake up from surgery. Most dogs go limp but not those fuckers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chow dogs scare me. My family had one when I was really small, and I went out to see her... she lunged forward and snapped me. I don’t have a phobia or anything, but I’m not going to approach one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pit bulls are scary byt at the same time can look so cute when it's well trained and not aggressive it can be the best but you know stereotypes are Scarry, chihuahuas are the worst i hate they look vicious

0|0
    1|0
  • Pitballs and Rottweilers even their names sound scary but I have came across some of these dogs before who are big softy loveable sweet things. Also greyhounds there too skinny it creeps me out

0|0
    0|0
  • There are breeds of dog owners that scare me. But, being a dog groomer, i wouldn't say the animals themself are scary. Just the way they were brought up. Just like children

1|0
    0|0
  • No. A dog is only dangerous in the hands of an incompetent owner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rottweilers used to scare me. Traumatic experience with a neighbor that used to let it roam free and was really aggressive caused my friends and I to climb a tree to escape it when we were children...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really but when I see a gigantic dog it takes some getting used to. I used to have a wolf hybrid and she was HUUUGE. More fluff to cuddle with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But I've also worked for a vet so I have been around many. The only thing that scares me is stray dogs as they may be rabid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chinese creased. Not because they scare me, but they ugly as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Chihuahuas. I was attacked by one when I was 6 years old. Give me a Pit, Rottie, Shepard, Doberman any day...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like German Shepherds because of bad experiences. Every German Shepherd I've seen was dangerous and wanted to either attack people or my dog.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bitches. Sorry, thought we were talking about people :0

0|0
    0|0
  • Tibetan mastiffs - never met one irl, but just the photos of them look intimidating af!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love dogs! But many people are known to be afraid of pitfalls because they are known to be aggressive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love all breeds :) Some do need more effort to be raised right though i believe

0|0
    0|0
  • None scare me but I HATE Chihuahuas. My brother has one and that little bastard won’t stop barking. It’s so annoying πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, no breed in particular scares me, I love them all :P

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s funny that the German Shepherd scared me when i was a child but now I love them. Pit bulls too I got attacked by one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chihuahuas. Seriously, why are small dogs so vicious

1|0
    0|0
  • No I love all dogs way too much to be afraid of one haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Bull mastiff. And also now staffies as my son got attacked by one when he was young and nearly died.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really big ones. I've seen one but don't know the breed

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes in deed it’s Trojan Horse so cute let your guard down.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every breed that is too big

1|1
    0|0
  • I am not afraid of any breeds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chihuahuas.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chows