When was a time reality hit you hard?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my close mates had been distant for a while (we expected because of failing a uni course through total crap & it was a full year so he had to redo it).

But a couple months later he messaged the group chat and said he's been distant cause one of his parents has cancer and the prognosis wasn't good.

Made me think, you never know what's going on with other people, or when tragedy can strike out of the blue.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother tried to kill my family, then planned on raping my mom and I after killing us.

It didn't feel real for years. I blocked out the feelings after the first few days.

All at once it hit me, about a year or two ago. Just imagine waking up and thinking, my brother wanted to kill and rape me. He wanted to kill my brother. My parents.

I have ptsd now, and sometimes reality hits me so hard that I'm like wait did that seriously happen? How is that possible? Was it me, did I do something?

Reality hits me every night I have nightmares of my family dying. Of me dying. Of being raped. Being helpless as Im forced to choose who to shoot in my nightmares, my brother or my family. I don't choose then everyone dies.

Reality sucks.. My dreams are worse.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• When it is time to give a reality check.

We are free from. choice but not from consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a family friend was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cervical cancer (either that or ovarian). She died within 4 months. Her husband and children were devastated.

1|0
    0|0
  • When Supervalu liquidated all of the Farm Freshes and left 3000 employes, including me, jobless and kicked to the cirb without a care in the world for us

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere between my mother's sudden death and being unemployed after being dismissed from my first job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Monday when I woke up and had an hour and 15 minutes till my first exam that matters for the rest of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i lost my grandfather and cousin within a week span.

1|0
    0|0
  • When the court system failed to stop my ex roommate, who said he was going to kill us infront of witnesses.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't hits me hard, It fucks me hard every Damn Day !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Every single morning when I wake up because I have to go to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wife and kids died in car accident.

2|1
    0|0
  • My ex girlfriend graduated

0|0
    0|0
  • When I farted lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 12 when i realised that this world is ugly

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Now, I completely stopped helping people when I see how dangerous my kindness is to my well being. I have not been truly broke in ten years but now I am due to unforeseen circumstances and I have no one to rely on. By the end of this month I'll have money again, but if my accounts are frozen, given the fact that I have been so good to others, someone should have been able to do the same. I will never help a soul again, my hard earned money was meant for me and me alone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Last night this year and I've had a few times in life I make sure I heal as good as I can and try hard to fulfill my void cleanse my entity

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes