When was a time reality hit you hard?

314

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my close mates had been distant for a while (we expected because of failing a uni course through total crap & it was a full year so he had to redo it).

But a couple months later he messaged the group chat and said he's been distant cause one of his parents has cancer and the prognosis wasn't good.

Made me think, you never know what's going on with other people, or when tragedy can strike out of the blue.

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother tried to kill my family, then planned on raping my mom and I after killing us.

It didn't feel real for years. I blocked out the feelings after the first few days.

All at once it hit me, about a year or two ago. Just imagine waking up and thinking, my brother wanted to kill and rape me. He wanted to kill my brother. My parents.

I have ptsd now, and sometimes reality hits me so hard that I'm like wait did that seriously happen? How is that possible? Was it me, did I do something?

Reality hits me every night I have nightmares of my family dying. Of me dying. Of being raped. Being helpless as Im forced to choose who to shoot in my nightmares, my brother or my family. I don't choose then everyone dies.

Reality sucks.. My dreams are worse.