Where to meet rich men?

I'm writing a novel about 4 girls making a pact to marry very wealthy men. I come from a small town but my characters are from a big city. Coming from a modest background, I have no clue where rich people usually hang out (I know it sounds silly). Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Wealthy folks tend to have LOTS of social activities. Probably the most common are private parties held by their friends (or that they throw themselves). They also belong to expensive organizations (country clubs, golf clubs, tennis clubs, etc.) that most middle or lower-class people couldn't afford, so they spend a lot of time around other people just like themselves.

Most wealthy kids go to upper-end colleges - including expensive private colleges/Ivy League schools - and they go to those places less for an education and more for the contacts they'll make - contacts that they'll draw on their entire lives.

After college, they'll do whatever it is that interests them as a career - often business, finance, tech, law, medicine - something with a high earning potential in most cases. And they'll socialize at places appropriate for their age group - in their early 20s, if they're in bigger cities, they'll often go to expensive nightclubs, or travel (and stay in nicer hotels, or rent a "vacation rental" house to stay in). As they get older (30s and later,), it's more of the country club thing, which is a combination of sports and social events - plus a heavy diet of private parties for their friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • The yacht club. The golf club. The polo club. The boardroom. The Hamptons. The penthouse appartment. The upscale fitness/health club/spa. Etc.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3d

The gated community. The hip new _____. Charity dos. Mansion parties. Garden parties. The hippodrome (horce racing arena).

• It depends how old they are. If they’re young. Usually on their boats, or the mall. Places they can meet women. So basically anywhere where women are. If they’re older, most likely they’re working at some office. Wealthy people have to make their money after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not saying you shouldn't do it, but are you sure you fully thought this through?

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Expensive private colleges.

0|0
    0|0
  • The Hamptons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mar-A Lago is the place to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweden, especially Geneva

0|0
    0|0
  • What age group and what city?

In cities with finance centres the after work bars around the investment hubs an hour or two after market close - the sort with expensive drinks - are the easiest way. Not nightclubs just high priced restaurant-bars right in the financial district.

0|0
    0|0
  • At their private islands
    They do give out tickets for suitable girls though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Rich people casually integrate with common people in more upscale parts of town.

Itd be more interesting for the girls to meet them in a common place, rather than some mansion party.

I met a millionaire at a McDonalds in Orlando FL lol he was way to old for me, but I guess high class food can't compete with a spicy Mc Chicken 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Country clubs? No idea either.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Hahaha. I had to chuckle because I thought of a bar somewhere in the hinterland that only plays country music, where truckers stop during the long hauls through nothingness. Then I imagined somewhere in a corner a group of several men sitting there, in perfect suits, discussing the stock market.

• All rich places that is restricted for us :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes