Why do people do this?

I feel like almost every time i ask people if i can help with anything (housework, cooking etc) i just end being yelled at or lectured or put down.

I dont get it.
And im actually getting really fucking sick of it.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What do they say? I don't understand why they would tell about that

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

I asked my grandma if she needed help this morning and she said she's finished now anyway (had been mopping and cleaning and doing the washing) i hadn't asked earlier because i was getting ready to get on the train so i can go apply for jobs (im moving next week).

She went off saying i always wait until jobs are already done or until she's finished to ask (i have never deliberately done this) and how she did my dishes again this morning (ive told her many times not to) and i dont do things without her asking (if she doesn't ask how am i supposed to know it needs to be done? I dont even know what she was reffering to) i dont help around the house (i sweep, wash dishes, was clothes/hang/bring them in and fold, buy groceries, wash the dog, mow the grass) and how i was giving her this "look" like she has 3 heads (i was trying not to fucking cry because people go off at me for that too)

Also how she's worse than my stepmother when I've done nothing but sing her praises.

• 7d

In all honesty. Fit the rest of the time you are there, do just what you have to. I know that sounds wrong. But she won't ever be satisfied, you won't ever do enough. So do what you have to, continue working on your life and move forward. Your kindness is shunned, you have to protect it

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your Heart of Gold. Just like online, I get persecuted because so many are jealous of me, physically and mentally.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

online, block them, offline, dessert them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Nice

0|0
    0|0
  • You're more than welcomed to come cook and clean for me, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My stepdad does the same thing at work and I also hate it. Maybe they're ocd like my stepdad and want you to do it their special way or you're wrong if you do it any other way

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually if its like that after having a meal at their house after everyone is done just get up and help put up the leftovers or take charge and do the dishes

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

With housework i mean real housework. Not just common sense

• Show All
    • 7d

If i was leaving empty rolls in there fine. But i dont. I dont even leave drips.
      I squiggy the shower door.
      I wipe down the sink after washing the dishes.
      I wipe the bench after touchibg it.
      The worst i do is sometimes leave things in the table (that we dont use) or beside the couch planning to use it later or put it away.

• 7d

Maybe it would be better to sit down and tell em how you feel and what you try and do... bring it to their attention what you have been doing all along they might change their attitudes

• That seems rude. Why would they do that and who are these people?

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people donĀ“t like to be helped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't nag at people?

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Where did i say that i asked more than once?

• 7d

"almost every time i ask people if i can help" it doesn't have to be the same instance every time for it to be a pattern with you. Especially if its always around the same people

• 7d

I dont ask very often, only if theyre doing housework (that once a week massive clean) and they haven't just given me a task so i ask what i can do to help bevause i dont knoe what has n hasn't been done already.

Otherwise if i see something neds doing, i do it.

• What would happen if you just did it?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not good at helping

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes