Am I gross for doing this?

I was taking out the trash and in the dumpster i saw there was a bag of clothes inside. It was folded up nicely in a marshalls bag. I took almost everything, And there was nice magnetic box i took as well.
Its all clean no stains on anything like they are like new, but apart of me feels gross dor digging it out. I thought they were all really nice shirts. My size too! and it would've went to waste if they were just thrown out... a man was staring at me too through his truck... i feel embarrassed.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not gross. There are lots of good things in dumpsters. You got a good deal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont be embarrassed for saving things that could've gone to waste. you're saving goods that are usually made with parts made in factories that release CO2 and methane gases. Greenhouse gases traps heat in the atmosphere making the planet warmer. When the planet's average temperature in the poles get warmer than what it used to be, the arctic ice and glaciers melt which cause uprising sea level. You know what this means? Loss of habitat for polar bears, and the rising sea level can be too bad to the point where the whole New Orleans area is underwater, as well as New York, Maryland, Virginia, and some of Texas, etc. Saving stuff and recycling does help as it will slightly increase the demand for new items, and if everyone will only use hand me downs and used items, the increased demand will decrease the supply for these items leading to a lesser greenhouse gas emittance from factories that burn fossil fuels for energy. You kid, are helping the world, 0.0001% at a time. IT does count tho. :)