Have you ever seen an eclipse?

Either full or partial, it doesn't matter.Have you ever seen an eclipse?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the things my father lamented about before he died was that he never saw a total solar eclipse. So I kind of resolved I would see one before I die.

And I did. August 21, 2017.

I had seen several partial solar eclipses. My teacher's projected their images. I remember the solar eclipse of 1979, which was total in Seattle. In my home town of Los Angeles, I think it was about 50% total. I remember it because it was an overcast morning in L. A., and as I walked to school, the clouds thinned enough so that you could see the disc of the sun with the moon taking a bite out of it.

I recall seeing several annular eclipses. I recall seeing the solar eclipse of 1991. From Los Angeles, it reached about 70% totality. I projected from a telescope. It was the first eclipse where I'd noticed the ambient lighting become dimmer.

But last year, I hired a full time care giver for my mother to come for a few days, and I flew to Seattle them drove to Portland. I met some friends of mine who live there now. Then I drove to central Oregon and watched the total solar eclipse. I was within a mile or two of the town of Kimberly, Oregon, along the John Day River.

It was LIFE ALTERING AWESOMENESS!!!

If you can, I highly recommend you go see one!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's has always been cloudy when there was supposed to be an eclipse. Not that I would have had proper equipment to look at it either.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• A full eclipse, on August 11, 1999. We were in Toulouse, in France, on the place du Capitole. It was impressive.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but it's on my bucket list!
    I just hope a solar eclipse happens over mt city so I don't have to pay so much to travel to see one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two, I think. One Moon. One Sun.

1|0
    0|0
  • I seen the one last year it was amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, on T. V.. LOL..

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it was a cool 20 seconds

1|0
    0|0
  • Have seen multiple ones, both solar and lunar.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have seen many eclipse

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah last summer

It was partial

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I had

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to with my welding helmet

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Especially the ending Ones.
    Jesus coming soon. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I saw the last good one that people on the east coast could see.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 3 years ago

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes