How to deal with loniless and sadness?

I have a nice and supporting family, but then too I feel a bit lonely. I have been feeling like that a lot. I dunno why, maybe mood swings or whatever. What do I do?
Updates:
Tbh, I don't always feel like it I stay cheerful most of the time, but I don't know what's happening these days 😓

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Do what you like and don't care about what anyone else think about you. Short but true.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • In life you won't always be happy; there are good days, and there are bad days.

However, based on your question, it sounds as though you feel you have a problem and it's impacting your life. If this is the case, talk to your GP, friends, and family, and get the support you need to feel better again. It won't be easy, and you will need support. If you don't have friends and family to help, try support group with people that also suffer what you suffer. The main things is tell people, seek support, and take it day by day. In time you will get better again.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Target the feeling... when you feel lonely, try and focus in on why... but make sure you have something happy to grasp onto before going too deep into bad feelings
    Try and just going to sit in the living room or a room with a family member in it and work on your own thing, but then you're accompanied while being alone with your thoughts

0|0
    0|0
  • If you've already tried to communicate how you're feeling with someone you trust/family member than here are some suggestions (other than therapy):
    - Get a furry or feathery companion!
    - Find a hobby to distract you, most of the time one is lonely it is because they're not occupying their time properly!
    - Make a playlist, there are plenty of songs out there lyrically situated to remind you that you are not alone!
    - Take up a religion, putting your faith into someone other than those around you who have the capability of hurting you can be worrisome. Plenty involve themselves in a faith because they know who they're looking up to could do no wrong to them and they find it reassuring.
    - Participate in community events, you'll make even more friendships this way and have more people to communicate with throughout life!
    - Get a job, not only will you have the company of your coworkers but knowing that you're being productive throughout the day helps to remind you that you don't need the company to feel fulfilled. (If not a job than volunteer!)
    There are probably many other ways to help cope with how you're feeling and none of these are meant to work for everyone or be as effective for one as it is another because the mind is tricky place. I hope you find what you're looking for!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• I keep lists of things I need to do and want to do. I keep a list of what I've ordered or want to order. I keep lists of what I want to do with or for my girlfriend, and what I want to have conversations with her about. That helps me remember what I have to look forward to. I find that a lot of my sadness comes from bad memory.

by the way, it makes me sad to see someone as attractive being sad. Seems like such a terrible waste when surely guys would line up to cheer you up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you have many friends or just not feeling like you relate to people much?
    I usually deal with it by focusing on my goals and what I want to do in life. I also throw in little activities to do when I go out and about that may help with meeting people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break the routine every once in a while, meet new people and do something different!

I don't have family nor friends I can be with atm, and breaking the habit always cheers me up, even if it's catching a different bus back from work :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Go out and do stuff with friends you enjoy hanging out with

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone here say have friends, but that might not be enough. I have some GREAT friends, but still feel lonely because I'm single. I don't know if you're in a relationship or not, but if not having enough or good enough friends isn't your porblem, then not having a relationship probably is (Or just general depression)

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends are the best, like really genuine ones. Remember that at the end of the day you're everything. You have complete control over how you feel, instead of focusing on the sadness, point out the positives

0|0
    0|0
  • always occupy yourself with something, this way you are always busy and can't wander off and feel lonely. You can spend time on your hobbies or get a job (if you don't already have 1), spend lots of time with friends or family. Trust me it works have seen it! Good luck to you

0|0
    0|0
  • The reason why is after so long in a relationship the pep is gone not the love but invetally that goes to. Unless y'all can spice it back up. But trying new things. And if that don't work then the relationship is probably about over or either ya live the rest of your life feeling lonely sad and depression. Is. I really don't know what going on in your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I as well, and a broken heart on top of that. But I just try and stay busing and doing things I really enjoy doing. Music can help a lot also.

0|1
    0|0
  • Happiness, isn't something you should chase. You should realize that being in a constant state of happiness is a form craziness so it's okay you don't always feel cheerful. Not what I think is causing you to feel down is the fact that you're not doing much with your time. You're not socializing like you used to and you're not as busy as you should be. Happiness is a byproduct of progress, you get it after solving a problem. So I think you should focus on self improvement you have a lot of time on your hand so you might as well find problems you need to fix. Now one in a while I'd feeling the way you just described and usually I'd literally have time to kick back and do nothing (I had things I wanted to fix it do, but at the time I couldn't do it). If you wanna remain in a relatively good mood find something you really like you improve about yourself or fix a problem that's bothering you.

If you'd like suggestions you can always ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • What about friends? Activities in sports or similar things?
    Sadness can be a sign of despression if you experience this often.

0|0
    0|0
    • No I don't experience it too often

• Good. Than it is nothing special. All of us have times during a year where we are sad and lonely. It happens to me also. Especially at the end of the year.

• I know what you mean. I feel the same, love by the family is not the same as loved by a partner. You feel the urge or desire to experience that, to have contact with someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • By doing what I like and not overthinking
    I watch series listen to music and also go to code so I forget I was sad or sometimes I just go to sleep

1|0
    0|0
  • Take a walk with some calming music. It really helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • I join new meetup groups and head out and make friends for a day or night or jump on a dating app and talk to girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep the mind busy is what I’ve been doing recently. Watch a movie or go be with someone you seriously feel like you can have fun with

0|0
    0|0
  • Go out and spend time doing things you wouldn't usually but you enjoy it will keep your mind active and you will find someone that likes the same things

0|0
    0|0
  • Find something you like to do or chat but becareful if you feel alone not just join people they not good for you only to have someone or some around you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to consult a medic or psychologist to make the diagnose.
    I personaly can't be like that because I don't have money, patience and stupidity enough to get pass by a patiente.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need close friends to talk to and be able to relax around.
    You need 1 or 2 friends you can fully be yourself with

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• You need a journal and write down everything you feel. Writing down what you are grateful for, will help you deal with lonliness.

Far too many people become sad and loniless, when they don't count their blessings. You have no reason to be lonely once you journal, so try it

0|0
    0|0
  • will I always remind my self that life is a journey.. a big one.. and we need to go with it alone.. people are just a way to help us figure somethings but that don't mean that we'll never live without them

1|0
    0|0
  • Meet new people. Chat with people. Dance randomly.
    Join any class to keep yourself busy.
    Join a social service group
    Create a hobby
    Download anonymous chatting apps
    Choose your friends wisely

1|1
    0|0
  • Talk with friends, hang out with them, do the things you love doing. If you need help in anything, reach out, and don't keep everything to yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you randomly get sad or upset for no reason, it could be depression.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too. I fake a smile all the time. No one really knows if im happy or not

0|0
    1|0
  • Meh, I go on here and I have a group of friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vodka and chocolate

0|0
    0|0
  • You need a pet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes