Is it okay to use self-defense against an animal trying to attack you?

It has come to my attention that if people came face to face with an agressive animal about to attack, people would actualy atempt to reason with an agressive animal rather than trying to protect themselves for self-defense. People seem to think smaller animals like cats, raccons, pigs etcetera. can't brutally harm them.

So let's say you're minding your own business hanging at a frends house. Your friend leaves the room and you stragle behind while finishing food or whatever. When you attempt to leave the room your friends cat is blocking the door way. The cat is getting defensive hissing, meowing, with back hairs standing up and won't let you leave the room. It gets so bad the cat atempts to jump on your face and claw your eyes out and charges you into a corner. With the adrenaline pumping through your veins and fight or flight on your mind would you..

A. Atempt to run around the room to find a towel you can throw at the cat pissing it off more.

B. Reach down to the cats level, put your hands on the pissed off hissing cat, push it away while risking that the cat might attack becaue you have entered it's personal space.

C. Stand your ground and protect yourself from being hurt by the violent animal. Self-defense

D. Run like an idiot jumping over the animal (rember that the cat has chased you into a corner) you risk pissing off the animal even more that it lunges at you BRFORE you jump because you have stepped to close to the animal who was showing signs of agression.Is it okay to use self-defense against an animal trying to attack you?
  • A. Let's see what I can throw on the animal to make it more angry.
  • B. Let's Infuriate the animal by pushing it with my hand.
  • C. In any situation of violence I will protect myself regardless human or animal.
    Vote C
  • D. Let me try to jump over the animal while stuck in a corner.
    Vote D
  • OMG! YOU MONSTER! HOW COULD YOU NOT LET AN AGRESSIVE ANIMAL HARM YOU AND LEAVE YOU IN PAIN!
    Vote E

012

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm fucking him up or I'm getting fucked up. I rather take the first option...

• Well, it really depends. Since I value my already terrible looks I'd rather do my best to protect my face. Even if it means placing the cat in a washing machine (Not sure in which event that would be necessary but I'd be willing to go that far).