Is it okay to use self-defense against an animal trying to attack you?

It has come to my attention that if people came face to face with an agressive animal about to attack, people would actualy atempt to reason with an agressive animal rather than trying to protect themselves for self-defense. People seem to think smaller animals like cats, raccons, pigs etcetera. can't brutally harm them.

So let's say you're minding your own business hanging at a frends house. Your friend leaves the room and you stragle behind while finishing food or whatever. When you attempt to leave the room your friends cat is blocking the door way. The cat is getting defensive hissing, meowing, with back hairs standing up and won't let you leave the room. It gets so bad the cat atempts to jump on your face and claw your eyes out and charges you into a corner. With the adrenaline pumping through your veins and fight or flight on your mind would you..

A. Atempt to run around the room to find a towel you can throw at the cat pissing it off more.

B. Reach down to the cats level, put your hands on the pissed off hissing cat, push it away while risking that the cat might attack becaue you have entered it's personal space.

C. Stand your ground and protect yourself from being hurt by the violent animal. Self-defense

D. Run like an idiot jumping over the animal (rember that the cat has chased you into a corner) you risk pissing off the animal even more that it lunges at you BRFORE you jump because you have stepped to close to the animal who was showing signs of agression.Is it okay to use self-defense against an animal trying to attack you?
  • A. Let's see what I can throw on the animal to make it more angry.
    Vote A
  • B. Let's Infuriate the animal by pushing it with my hand.
    Vote B
  • C. In any situation of violence I will protect myself regardless human or animal.
    Vote C
  • D. Let me try to jump over the animal while stuck in a corner.
    Vote D
  • OMG! YOU MONSTER! HOW COULD YOU NOT LET AN AGRESSIVE ANIMAL HARM YOU AND LEAVE YOU IN PAIN!
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm fucking him up or I'm getting fucked up. I rather take the first option...

3|0
    0|0
  • Well, it really depends. Since I value my already terrible looks I'd rather do my best to protect my face. Even if it means placing the cat in a washing machine (Not sure in which event that would be necessary but I'd be willing to go that far).

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Yes.

It is always ok to use force in defence of yourself or others against any threat, upto and including lethal force.

The preference is for minimal force.

Excessive force is what cannot or cannot so easily be justified.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes, I only mean self-defense if the animal lunges at you, or goes in for a bite of your flesh.
      Animal AND human.

• doesn't have to be an animal you can use force against people to and you dont have to wait and risk injury either, the threat is sufficient, which is where balancing the minimal force part comes back into play.
      These situations happen fast and decisive action is required to save lives and because that is true mistakes are sometimes made. But its not fair to judge after the fact, if you are threatened you are entiteld to take action.

• Wouldn't hesitate to volley a cat that jumped at me with that violent description of yours.

I'm not saying I like kicking cats, but I'd much rather apologise to my friend than let a cat blind me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a cat... I could end it's life with one hand and it knows this, it wouldn't attack me. It'd be like a person trying to pick a fight with a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

0|1
    0|0
    • How tall are you? Damn.. 😂 What? Are you like if the Rock and Chuck Norris had a baby or somthing?

• Show All
    • Don't worry, me and my manliness will protect you from all those scary kitties.

• Awe how cute You think i need protection, adorable. 🤣
      I don't need anyones protection. I can handle myself just fine. I got 4 bad ass dogs that attack on demand and been taking Brazilian Jui Jitsu since the age of 4.
      But nice try though. 😂
      *sips tea*

• Throw something of course. It won't make it more angry it will scare the shit out of it. Cats are small and weak. Scaring it shouldn't be a problem at all actually.

0|0
    1|0
    • Throwing shit at a cat is like kissing a shark on the lips.
      You'll get yourself fucked up.

• Show All
    • That's why I prefer cats, they are chill af, not some hyperactive attention seeking things running around like their tail is burning all the time.

• All dogs I get are always chill. 😂 They always choose me, I don't choose them. It's strange man.😊

• Hahaha..!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I KEEP TALKING ABOUT! xD

We have allowed society to reach a point of patheticness where strength is now defined as letting something smaller, weaker and less intelligent than you push you around for the sake of not being a "bully."

Unacceptable.. and this only further proves my point.
    In light of this, I will now proceed to hashtag the word of Draca.

#Moralhighgrounddetected

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you a knife? a gun? or some mace?
    USE IT!

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not gonna mase, knife a cat. Now that is fucked. Literally kicking or puching the cat would cause less harm.

• Uh. Duhhhhh

1|0
    0|0
  • No. You should let the animal kill you (!)

0|0
    1|0
  • I’d roundhouse that cat

1|0
    0|0
  • If an animal attacks me oy will not end well

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes