Who is your favorite WW2 historical figure?

I am not including certain leaders. Personally, I love Anne Frank.
  • Anne Frank
  • Winston Churchill
  • Harry S. Truman
    Vote C
  • Eisenhower
    Vote D
  • FDR
    Vote E
  • Eleanor Roosevelt
    Vote F
  • Curious George?
    Vote G
Thank you to whoever voted Anne Frank

1137

Most Helpful Guys

• Audie Murphy, the most decorated American soldier of ww2. He was basically Captain America without the super soldier serum. When they made a movie about him they toned it down because they thought that the Audience wouldn't believe what actually happened
    http://www.badassoftheweek.com/murphy.html
    Then the Castners cutthroats a bunch of badasses who were a bunch of scouts recruited from the Aleuts and various outdoorsmen who scouted the Aleutians in the aleutian campaign up in Alaska

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Fun "Rumor": Winston Churchill had already cracked the enigma code before pearl harbour. Japan used a similar code. Churchill was well informed of the attack. Rosevelt was tracking Japanese messages but the Japanese version was nowhere near the UK. Winston could've shared the intercepted message from Berlin, but he chose not to. Because he knew it'll drag America into the war. What message do you ask? That's right, what message..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Japanese codebreakers in America*

• @Prankster13

"rumor". However, what is true is that Roosevelt said "no" to Winston many times when asked to intervene in 1940.
      The US wanted to stop Germany and was about to send more boats (Winston's dairy). But Roosevelt took back his word once Germany starts attacking Russia. Because now the USA is benefiting from the war by selling weapons to both Britain and Russia. Also stops nazism. Explains why America was so rich afterwards. Churchill and Roosevelt hated each other when they met in 1918 so they had a history :)

• So then Churchill would be the one to give him the code if anything. That wouldn't make sense if the rumor was true.

Most Helpful Girls

• I loved Anne Frank but in School, I did a Term Paper on Eleanor and got an AMinus. Plus she Reminded me of my Dad's Mom, my Grandma. xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Am I limited to just those options or can I pick someone else? If I’m limited to those Eleanor Roosevelt is my favorite, but if not then I choose Louis Zamperini. He wasn’t a political figure, just an Olympic runner that fought in the Air Force during WW2 and was captured by the Japanese after his plane crashed into the ocean, and he survived extreme torment and abuse in POW camps until the end of the war. The book (and movie based on it) Unbroken is based on him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE