Who is your favorite WW2 historical figure?

I am not including certain leaders. Personally, I love Anne Frank.
  • Anne Frank
    Vote A
  • Winston Churchill
    Vote B
  • Harry S. Truman
    Vote C
  • Eisenhower
    Vote D
  • FDR
    Vote E
  • Eleanor Roosevelt
    Vote F
  • Curious George?
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thank you to whoever voted Anne Frank

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Audie Murphy, the most decorated American soldier of ww2. He was basically Captain America without the super soldier serum. When they made a movie about him they toned it down because they thought that the Audience wouldn't believe what actually happened
    http://www.badassoftheweek.com/murphy.html
    Then the Castners cutthroats a bunch of badasses who were a bunch of scouts recruited from the Aleuts and various outdoorsmen who scouted the Aleutians in the aleutian campaign up in Alaska

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Fun "Rumor": Winston Churchill had already cracked the enigma code before pearl harbour. Japan used a similar code. Churchill was well informed of the attack. Rosevelt was tracking Japanese messages but the Japanese version was nowhere near the UK. Winston could've shared the intercepted message from Berlin, but he chose not to. Because he knew it'll drag America into the war. What message do you ask? That's right, what message..

1|0
    0|0
    • Japanese codebreakers in America*

• Show All
    • @Prankster13

"rumor". However, what is true is that Roosevelt said "no" to Winston many times when asked to intervene in 1940.
      The US wanted to stop Germany and was about to send more boats (Winston's dairy). But Roosevelt took back his word once Germany starts attacking Russia. Because now the USA is benefiting from the war by selling weapons to both Britain and Russia. Also stops nazism. Explains why America was so rich afterwards. Churchill and Roosevelt hated each other when they met in 1918 so they had a history :)

• So then Churchill would be the one to give him the code if anything. That wouldn't make sense if the rumor was true.

Most Helpful Girls

• I loved Anne Frank but in School, I did a Term Paper on Eleanor and got an AMinus. Plus she Reminded me of my Dad's Mom, my Grandma. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Am I limited to just those options or can I pick someone else? If I’m limited to those Eleanor Roosevelt is my favorite, but if not then I choose Louis Zamperini. He wasn’t a political figure, just an Olympic runner that fought in the Air Force during WW2 and was captured by the Japanese after his plane crashed into the ocean, and he survived extreme torment and abuse in POW camps until the end of the war. The book (and movie based on it) Unbroken is based on him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Anne had one of the biggest hearts with such a feel of innocence taken too soon, and that's why we gravitated to her story.

But I do feel Winston was the smartest of all leaders at the time. Even smarter than Adolf, because he held the Nazi force under daunting odds for so long before he got help.

1|0
    0|0
  • Admiral Horthy of Hungary, and King Michael of Romania.

Both did the best they could, under extremely difficult circumstances, and King Michael pulled an absolute blinder, probably shortening the course of the war in Europe by 6 months or more, and saving hundreds of thousands of lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • Osamu Tezuka this is the guy who gave birth to anime as well as my fetishes, shortly after WW2 finished.

1|0
    0|0
  • Churchill is good, as is Eisenhower. But i think i like George Patton the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYhHIe_UELM

1|0
    0|0
  • Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun a German (and, later, American) aerospace engineer and space architect

1|0
    0|0
  • Otto Carius is my number one. The day I met him and got my copy of his books signed was one of the happiest days of my life.
    Also,
    Erwin Rommel
    Erich von Manstein
    Erich Hartman
    Reinhart Heydrich

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted for Anne Frank.. But I guess the Schindler dude.. Cause he saved all those Jews.. And I respect the Jews..

1|0
    0|0
  • I wanted to choose curious George but Anne Frank was my second, I picked it for you...

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know. Anne frank is your favourite, then Anne frank it is. ☺

1|1
    0|0

• Georgy Xhukov was a big daddy. Lydia Litvyak was a flying bae. Anne Frank was a smart gurl. FDR was just a total pimp in his wheelchair. Hard to choose.

by the way there's this interesting finnish guy named Lauri Törni who was first in the finnish army, then he joiden the Nazi SS and aftet the war he moved to Murica, changed his name to Larry Thorne, joined the US army and died in Vietnam in the 60s. I had to include him to be patriotic or else the finnish thought police will get me.

Also Curious George is a bad boi, he should be sent to the gulags.

1|1
    0|0
  • You forgot someone with an impeccable mustache...

Honestly speaking my favorite WW II figure would be Simo Häyhä or Joseph Goebbels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rasputin 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

1|0
    0|0
  • Bionic arm chick from Battlefield V trailer

1|1
    0|0
  • Eleanor Roosevelt. Personally I like her best.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mine is G

1|0
    0|0
  • Patton

1|0
    0|0
  • Heinz Guderian or Erwin Rommel tbh

1|0
    1|0
  • Oscar Schindler.

1|0
    0|0
  • Robert Oppenheimer

1|0
    0|0
  • Such a courageous young woman!

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Out of these, Anne Frank is the only one who didn't have any skeletons in the closet. So I pick her, without hesitation.

(I'm pretty sure Curious George was involved in a banana smuggling ring.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Eleanor Roosevelt and Charles de Gaulle. I find it fascinating that de Gaulle was a Resistance leader, especially given what later happened in Algeria.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neville Chamberlain. My teacher introduced him as being even more cowardly than Neville Longbottom

1|0
    0|0
  • Out of your list its Anne Frank, but my personal favorite would be Oskar Schindler I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • anne frank, she lived in my country so I know most about her

1|0
    0|0
  • Hannah Senesch

1|0
    0|0
  • It's either Anne Frank or Winston Churchill

1|0
    0|0
  • Anne Frank for me