Why do different University majors attract people (especially women) of different attractivenes?

From what I have seen,
Most attractive girls can be found at humanities and liberal arts department. Followed by business and finance.

When it comes to STEM there are some sub categories.

Biological sciences, Medicine etc have attractive girls.

Whereas number of attractive girls in Physical sciences is pretty low.

Whereas Math in itself has fewer girls and there's no particular trend of attractiveness among them. They're a decent mix of average n attractive.
Have you noticed that?

422

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm inclined to say that music majors and fashion design majors tend to attract very attractive women... admittedly I am very biased about the music majors.

As for the rest, I haven't noticed. When I think about it, among my male friends, the very attractive ones tended to go into business and finance.

Now you've got me curious, SchrodingersAmericanlion (yes, they lived in my home Los Angeles, tens of thousands of years ago), what majors have you noticed attracted good looking men? What about the STEM majors? Are there some which attract more good looking men than others?

• I'm honestly biased towards STEM major men 🙈. However most girls disagree with my taste in guys. My type is skinny, nerdy and with medium length thick hair, clean shaven. Whereas most girls have exact opposite taste- muscular, outspoken, buzz cut or crew cuts, beard/stubble etc.

If we go by majority girls' taste then most attractive guys can be found in business, liberal arts, humanities.

By my taste, they're found in Physics, Engineering and Math. Sometimes in biological sciences. Sometimes.

• Many of the young ladies going to college these days see how women only ten to fifteen years ago were able to succeed with a degree and they are seeing time in slow motion. Most people understand that men can perceive space and time differently then women. We can more accurately extrapolate future trends based on the current environment around us because of our ancient hunting skills. We had to predict the probability of the mastodon or mammoth and which direction it was going to run into so we could accurately hit it with a spear. The problem with women in education is they generally want to get a job right after school. They don't generally want to start their own businesses. They don't want to have to become an entrepreneur because it's hard work. Instead they start their own businesses once they realize their education is worthless and when they won't be able to get a job In the so-called real world. I've seen this many times and it's really sad to see and all because woman's imagination is limited to what other successful women did before them. Originality and calculated risks don't seem to register in most of their minds and another sad thing is they can't actually teach you creativity in college. Men I find have it in droves because we have to have it to survive in this world. In the past, women would just generally find a man. entire government offices and industries are created to offer make work to women that basically took too much debt out on their education.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I've noticed. Here the law school and business & finance school has the highest rate of attractive people (both sexes). I don't know, maybe attractive people more often focus on status. They're used to being admired for their beauty and might get somewhat shallow from that and often don't develop real interest in anything specific other than maybe makeup, fashion, hair, social media... Things like that. So when it's time to pick what to study they don't know what to chose because they have no real interests and so they turn to "fancy" university programmes for the social status they give. Less attractive people can't depend on their beauty and may feel less motivated by fashion and makeup all together because they'll still not be as good looking as some other people even if they tried, and therefore develop other interests in life, and then they're picking what to study based on those interests. Obviously this is not true for everyone - NOT ALL, not all! But I think it's definitely true for some, I've noticed these tendencies in people.