My girlfriend is on social media all the time and it’s sort of annoying?

Anyone else have this issue? She just scrolls IG to look for disney stuff and makeup stuff on all the pages she follows (she’s obsessed with disney)... and she’s doing it right next to me literally all the time. She has done it while my family has talked to her sometimes. I mentioned it before and she calmed down a bit but holy shit. Just pay attention to the world around you instead of that screen. I feel old for saying that but it’s true.

2|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• I’m sorry but that’s not only annoying but that’s downright rude to do when you're with people and there’re talking to you.
    That shit has always annoyed me. I’ve actually snatched people’s phones away. 😂
    I agree with you, I don’t see why people need to be looking at their phones constantly, they’re missing out on real life and all the possible experiences around them, for what? Someone else’s experiences and shit?
    Seems like a waste to me.

0|2
    0|0
    • 6d

They’re * 😑

• Show All
    • 6d

@maddithebaddi That must be why she’s pushing marriage on me so much lately. I’m losing interest in this conversation. Feel bad for whoever dates you though. I’d put a fucking round in my head the first month.

• 6d

He just owned you, Maddithebaddi 😂😂😂

Block all you like, too.

• My husband was a bit like that after he found a music maker and started sharing his songs on social media, Twitter being the worst.
    If my husband doesn't give me eye contact while I'm talking to him I'll stop what I'm saying until he does.
    I tell when enough is enough when it comes to him having his headphones on.
    We do have three kids and at times I just felt like he wasn't present.
    "The straw that broke the camels back"
    He was getting ready for bed on night and I was already waiting for him wearing his favourite pair of sexy knickers. Just before he got to bed he checked his phone and he'd received a message from a famous singer (not the real person it was a fake account). He wanted my husband to send him some of his songs, my husband left the bedroom saying that he wouldn't be long (20minutes) he was gone. Totally killed my mood and when he returned he said "now where were we? " and replied with a "well I did want sex but now I'm upset with you for choosing someone that you've never met over me, so I'm going to say goodnight".
    He did learn a valuable lesson that night.

0|1
    0|0
  • There's a time and place for that. When she is by herself then no problem. When she is with you or others, she needs to give them her attention and put the phone away. Seems like some rules need to be discussed. And if she doesn't want to comply then it is more important to her, then she needs to be left to it - alone. I would find it annoying too. I'd find someone that wanted to focus on me and others, especially out of respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem with my boyfriend, he at one time deleted all of his accounts but he recently got Instagram again and that's all he does when I get to see him, he works 64 hours a week, he gets home plops down on the couch and expects me to make dinner every night and clean everything and its starting to be an issue

0|0
    0|0
  • Then it is time to breakup because she doesn't care of what u say she should spending time with u then on her phone
    Spending time together is what makes a relationship work
    But being on the phone doesn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that sounds fucking annoying. Just keep calling her out for it and ask her how she'd feel if you stared at your phone while she was talking to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you. I also felt quite neglected when my boyfriend played Europa Universalis when I was with him or when we were video chatting. Politely but determinately tell her that if you are together respect your time and attention.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know people like this I can see how it is a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was raised to believe that its incredibly rude to be on your phone when you're with company of any kind. Everyone feels differently about phone usage, but I personally think it shows a lack of social grace and respect for others. That's just how I feel though. It's a dealbreaker for me when it comes to dating. You could always ask her to go on a phone diet or make a game out of it:"How long can you go without picking you're phone?". Make a bet out of it, or make it a sexual game somehow. I don't know, random solutions coming to mind. If it bothers you that much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take her out once in a while and show her you both have a life as a couple.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I do but it’s hard with work schedules sometimes. She’s not on it when I take her out luckily

• 5d

I see, and that's good. I have friends and family who constantly put their nose in it during every occasion. Most annoying.

• Drop her if she's that obsessed she can't focus on ur family too that's a issue

1|2
    0|0
  • Phones are addictive, I have family who do the same and I find it obnoxious

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is she?

0|0
    1|0
    • Show All
    • 6d

I kno what u mean, but it's more on mindset tbh than general age. His girl just gotta realize scrolling on the gram is a waste of time. But yes that is the general age.

• 6d

@slow maybe he's just boring, she's lost interest, he's not doing things with her. i wouldn't or couldn't do that around my boyfriend.

• Can’t stand that. Tell her to read a book

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that's normal for our generation

0|0
    0|0
  • Take her to Disney. Lol. Jk.

I would just confront the issue until you finally make a solution or meeting somewhere in the middle

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• I wouldn't like that either. Fortunately for me, mine doesn't really see the point of social media.

I'm hoping she doesn't suddenly 'get it' all of a sudden, lol 😁

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

Must be nice lol. I’m honestly thinking the best approach is to just do my own thing while she’s on her phone in her little mode. She’s used to me still talking to her while she’s doing that giving me her half attention. I did it last night and she thought I was mad at her and asked why I wasn’t talking. I said I just rather talk to her when I have her full attention.

• 6d

Yeah, I think I'd also take that kind of approach.

What gives with that imbecilic Maddithebaddi?

• 6d

Lmao holy shit I couldn’t even tell you

• She clearly cares about that stuff more than about you. Drop her.

1|1
    1|0
  • I'd rather have her on her phone than annoying me by talking in my ear all the time. But if we were actually doing something together and she was on social media I'd feel neglected as fuck. Sadly, this generation grew up online and has the attention span of a gnat. Always gotta stay "connected", even at the expense of your in-person connections. Sad way to live.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude I have the same problem I don't know wtf it is but she'd rather watch YouTube or scroll through fb and IG instead of talk to me or fuck me it's like wtf literally any time of day she's not busy that's what she's doing.

0|0
    0|0
  • That gonna be fine only if you gonna stop giving her attention.
    You have to be busy with your work.
    And when she feel you were missing, then explain her
    And make her yours once again.

0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend was like that until I decided to become more entertaining than garbage like Instagram could ever be.

You can't like a phone app steal your girl from you like that. This is war and you're losing soldiers fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend used to do this a lot!

When I brought it up , she told me she gets anxiety when it comes to being around groups of people.

Does ur girlfriend have anxiety?

0|0
    0|0
  • I had an ex that would not get off of her phone to save her life, whenever we "spent" time together like going to a restaurant, going to a park, trying to have a conversation, and etc. Her face would always be buried in her phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she probably has no real interests outside of social media, which is the sad reality. I'm not telling people how to live their lives but I'll definitely express my distaste for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I find it annoying too. The internet played a major role in killing my marriage. My ex-wife spent more time talking to people online than she did me or our kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh your age has nothing to do with it; I've always felt that way. Why "smart" phones are probably the worst invention in the history of the modern age, even worse than television.

0|0
    1|0
  • Hack her... my ex did that too but i just cracked her password and managed to stop it for a phew months... word of advice... dont let her/it find out

1|0
    0|0
  • No as I do the same whist I'm watching tv or gaming that's just what she does for entertainment

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep her far from social media give her your time and love make her feel special take her out even you need have intercourse but only with her rights

0|0
    0|0
  • Holy shit is right. People today need to regulate their electronics.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate to say this bud, but there are millions upon millions of people just like her

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her to stop for one week for you. If she won't stop Dump her ass

0|0
    0|0
  • If you love her Just say it loudly to her and Explain it to her how it is shell understand

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow how can you handle that?

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

It’s not the biggest deal in the world but it is annoying. She doesn’t do it when we’re out together at least.

• 6d

Good for you

• More from Guys

Recommended myTakes