Do you feel pitbulls are naturally aggressive or the owner/trainer makes them aggressive?

I grew up with pitbulls as pets, they are obedient dogs. In my opinion it's owner/trainer who make them aggressive. But I would like to know how you feel and your reasoning as to your answer.
Owners/trainers can make them aggressive, but not knowing how to train your dog as well as play with your dog can also make them aggressive. Dogs like children watch you and how you act. Any type of violence within the home will make them think that violence is ok.
animalfarmfoundation.org/.../

These are pitbulls who have been trained with poilce, even as rescue dogs they can be rehabilitated.

1751

Most Helpful Girls

• Pitbulls were historically used as nanny dogs like the Saint Bernard. They are incredibly intelligent and loyal, which makes them very trainable. That coupled with their strength made them a target choice for modern day dog fighting. They are not naturally aggressive as most believe, thanks to media. Pitbulls are actually my favorite breed, they're the most loving dogs I've ever been around. They live to be loved on, and will always be loyal to you. If you pick up an adult pitbull off the street, then I would rethink that decision since you dont know the dog's history and they could have been used for fighting. Pitbulls that haven't been used for fighting still make great pets, and they do well with children compared to some breeds.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • @Selena2418 After what I've seen and heard in my country, I wouldn't bet my life on that! I usually give them and their owners a wide berth!

• You should be cautious with every dog since you're unfamiliar to them... this has been my experience with pitbulls, and after doing extensive research and working with dogs in shelters, I can tell you with complete confidence that pitbulls are not aggressive by nature. If however they were in an environment that nurtured an aggression, then I would expect them to be aggressive. There are many breeds that are naturally aggressive that dont have bans on them like the dalmatian, and chow chow to name a couple.

• People need to teach their dogs from an early age that they are the alpha. People don’t do this, that’s the problem.

You need to socialise them and obedience train them. When you don’t do this, you get an aggressive dog, a timid dog, an overstimulated dog when out in public, a dog that ignores you, etc.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE