Have you ever “lost everything”?

Could be anything or everything that hurt you dearly and mentally. I think for me the worse feeling is hopelessness after losing 2 key people in my life.

2135

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes I have lost absolutely everything. My wife of 25 years left me. And then lost my job. I contested nothing because she is a good woman and the mother of my children so I lost all my belongings all my homes didn't get to see my kids that much. Then my mother died on my birthday. I became very depressed I slept for about a year and then became homeless. My sister came to town went to my storage and threw all that away without me knowing it. Then I picked my ass up. Found a new and different job and have been working towards making my life fantastic nothing defeats me I adapt I overcome I'm unstoppable.

• when my parents divorced, my mom had a mental brakedown and got into hospital, i was left home alone, weighing 137kgs not knowing how would i earn money, how can i help mom, what should i eat or how the hell can anyone cook in this world, by the way what the hell should i choose as a carrier if there's any possibility for me to attend any school at all.

i know its cheesy, but if there's anyone in a bad situation reading this, its always the deepest darkest den where you can build yourself up to something better, there's no bigger motivation than survival, thats no bullshit. dont misunderstand, i'm not full of myself, im a noone, but i ended up with 3 diplomas, makin my phd right now, i am a CFO, and have 3 other jobs today, my body is always fit (running and working out for many many years now), despite periods i have so much to do i forgot to eat / or overeat a bit. And a few years later i "gained" a stepfather who i adore and deeply respect as my best friend and my "real" dad still. im just glad.

Dont pray for an easy life, become someone who can face all that shit coming with a smile. and help others whenever u have the chance, noone is really alone in this big puddle of mud, there are only people left alone with no direction.

if anyone came so far, forgive my long writting.

• 6d

Yikes! I’m sorry about that but I’m glad you’ve come a long way and thanks for sharing :)

Most Helpful Girls

• After I got married and leaving my excellant job in another country I discovered that my husband is totally a different person.
    Sex, drugs, still in love with someone else and depressed for long time.

I was the perfect girl for many guys whom were at the tip of my finger and always trying to win me over, beauty , education, virgin, good personality.
    I fill in depression and felt trapped.

A while later I decided that nothing can break me and we went for therapy. I made it clear that if it doesn't work I'm out. I won't accept more BS.

It was actually what he needed. Started therapy and he picked his life together and we are even planning to have a baby now.

It was hell but my faith kept me going and we are happy now thank god.

• I was in an emotionally/mentally abusive relationship for years that eventually came to threats and stalking. It took me a long time to get out once I finally realized what was happening.
    By the time I finally found a way out I had lost all my friends, just about ruined all my relationships with my family members and for a really long time I lost myself.
    It took years for me to recover and even still I have days where it’s more difficult than others.

• 6d

Yikes I’m sorry to hear that! Hopefully there’s a rainbow after this rain

• 6d

There is, I have a great guy in my life, I have a few but meaningful friendships and my family’s support again. it’s taken years but I’ve gotten a lot better. like I said, some hard days but I’m able to work through them and I feel like I’m wiser and stronger for it. Or at least I’ve gotta pretned there is a silver lining to the shit storm I dealt with. 😂