What was the purpose of the Great Pyramids of Egypt?

I don't really know what category this question fits into.

What do you think their purpose was? What was the purpose of the Great Pyramids of Egypt?
Updates:
Thanks for all the opinions everyone!

So it is seemingly common knowledge that Pyramids were used as tombs or burial sites. However, did you know that not one mummy has ever been found inside of a pyramid? Also, the walls inside a plain and bare. Completely unlike the ornate and decorative walls of actual ancient Egyptian tombs.

I thought this video was really interesting! Please watch it if you have time and let me known what you think 😊

https://youtu.be/vU1ww1IAzC8

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I lately saw a documentary that the old egyptians already knew electricity in a primitive way. And that the pyramid itself is some kind of ancient power plant. But thats only speculation. It could have been so but it could also haven't been so.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I guess it was more of a way to show that pharons were rich, and powerful.
    They would be buried in such a place, they believe in after life, and that there is a life in grave which explains why they are buried with the possessions.
    So they are like, I am going to be living a good grave life...

1|0
    0|0
  • It was actually not just a tomb for the pharaoh or queen, but also as a significant show of wealth , ie. who could build the largest pyramid.

Also it was supposed to be a tall structure to aid the spirit of the pharaoh buried in there in returning to heaven.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just within the last month it was proven that they are power emitters of some sort.

1|0
    0|0
  • They were tombs for kings, and storehouses for valuable objects. It also gave the people a goal. A common task and bond. Nothing like it had been done before.
    An odd thing is, the Egyptians weren't the only ones. Right around that same time, pyramids were built around the world, and for different reasons.
    The real question is: Are we still building pyramids today? Are there common goals, common ideals, and common tasks that bring people together to accomplish amazing things?

0|0
    0|0
  • the temples were built with sedimentary rock. you put canals in the sides for water storage and it will degrade that rock. there are no death traps like the mummy movies, but it is dangerous. it's structurally not sound. it's like building a sandcastle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just temples to the rich and the people with power like kings, the people on top of the pyramids chain.
    Nothing more and nothing less than this and some are right underneath stars which is probably becaus they want these people to be recoginsed as stars or maybe just by accident.

0|0
    0|0
    • by the way don't worry about not knowing what category to put it in most of my are always other anyway cause i have no clue to.

• by the way that update is so wrong mummies where and are found in pyramids look it up

• There is a theory that it might have acted as devices for electricity generation and conduction. I know this sounds insane... but its interesting. Google it. There are a few good documentaries on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • its already solved by science, i attached

1|0
    0|0
  • Religious, they thought the pyramids were a connection between the underworld, the earth and the sky, and they also had the believe it was a portal to the after life for the Egyptians who were part of the royalty.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know people say you may be rich now but our graves will be the same size they decided it wouldn’t and there’s would be huge

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the pyramids were designed to be booby trapped and there was only one way to enter it. Wait... Maybe that was a movie I watched nvm

0|0
    0|0
  • The Black Pyramid of Nagash can fly and harness the Winds of Magic. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Check out my wealth you filthy peasants! Gaze at the glory of the Pharaohs

1|1
    0|0
  • Their purpose was for future generations to question their purpose.

1|0
    0|0
  • So the Pharoh could show off his ego, even after death.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bunch of show offs

1|0
    0|0
  • Too long ago to tell.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought they were for a pharoah's tomb

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever read "Chariots of the Gods"?

0|0
    0|0
  • They were tombs

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Most people believe they were used only to house the Pharoh's after their death but I have watched a t. v. series on netflix where they suggested that the purpose of the pyramids was to function as lavish healing centres for the super rich - that they exploited different types of glass and light and reflective affects to treat people of illness through vibrational energy. Its not a common theory but its a theory.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hope this helps

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it was like houses today. A status symbol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mummification and Spiritual practice was the gists

1|0
    0|0
  • their purpose was to be great

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes