How did you stop self harming?

If you ever did.. I'm curious lol

1228

Most Helpful Guys

• I did not but I will say that thinking about others in your life and the impact you have on them is a good focus. Because who we are and what we do impacts many peoples lives and you have a significant impact in many peoples lives including gag!! and in terms of the other angle, the bible notes that are bodies are temples. Wither or not, you have read the bible that brings up the idea that we should respect what we have. Also it is healthy to love yourself and the person that you are. Your body is you, why would you want to hurt yourself? Show yourself some love! Instead of harming, get some lotion or go to the spa, go in the opposite direction, self heal your body instead of harm it

• That depends on what you mean by self harming. I never did physical self harming, per say, but definitely mental.

• I'm talking about physical self harming..

• Yeah, I assumed so. When it comes to that I'm only a bit of a masochist.

Most Helpful Girls

• Well, I tried to many times (cutting)
    I used to scratch myself too, but i stopped because it never solved anything.
    there are MUCH better ways to cope <3

• u iz right

• ik
      scratching does too, depending how hard...
      i did that when i was in like 8-9th grade though..
      my life is still shit, but things actually do improve, believe it or not..

• Yes true

• My second eldest brother twice caught me trying to kill myself. Then when I started to cut and my brother found out about that, he locked me in his room, cried to me and told me he’d kill himself if I carried on or if I actually killed myself.
    Then not long after I started thinking about marriage and kids- two things I really want. So thinking about my some day husband and kids keep me from not harming myself.