How did you stop self harming?

If you ever did.. I'm curious lol

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I did not but I will say that thinking about others in your life and the impact you have on them is a good focus. Because who we are and what we do impacts many peoples lives and you have a significant impact in many peoples lives including gag!! and in terms of the other angle, the bible notes that are bodies are temples. Wither or not, you have read the bible that brings up the idea that we should respect what we have. Also it is healthy to love yourself and the person that you are. Your body is you, why would you want to hurt yourself? Show yourself some love! Instead of harming, get some lotion or go to the spa, go in the opposite direction, self heal your body instead of harm it

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends on what you mean by self harming. I never did physical self harming, per say, but definitely mental.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm talking about physical self harming..

• Yeah, I assumed so. When it comes to that I'm only a bit of a masochist.

Most Helpful Girls

• Well, I tried to many times (cutting)
    I used to scratch myself too, but i stopped because it never solved anything.
    there are MUCH better ways to cope <3

1|1
    0|0
    • u iz right

• Show All
    • ik
      scratching does too, depending how hard...
      i did that when i was in like 8-9th grade though..
      my life is still shit, but things actually do improve, believe it or not..

• Yes true

• My second eldest brother twice caught me trying to kill myself. Then when I started to cut and my brother found out about that, he locked me in his room, cried to me and told me he’d kill himself if I carried on or if I actually killed myself.
    Then not long after I started thinking about marriage and kids- two things I really want. So thinking about my some day husband and kids keep me from not harming myself.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I never self-harm in the sense that you said I was more of a drenalin junkie extreme sports they call him X Games now and my day is it was motorcycle racing rock climbing skin off the trails in roller skating and we call it scitchen it's where you hang on the back of a car and don't let go then another one jumps in behind you and then I don't look behind you and I don't behind you

1|0
    0|0
  • By admitting there is a problem, and seeking professional help. Self harming is fairly common, but there are very effective treatments that help a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay busy, did a lot of physical activities and i found the gym is my best therapy. Find a hobby, just stay busy and do read a little bit about psychology, it helps you to understand yourself more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to hit my legs (till I got bruised) now I bite my fingers...

1|0
    0|0
  • If people treat you badly it doesn't really make sense to harm yourself. It isn't getting back at them, it is only letting the messed up people win. If anything, harm others for revenge to teach them a lesson if they did something bad to you. At least that makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did self harming, are you doing something wrong petitle little pitzi that i shall know about?

Don't dare or no cookies at all 🤨

1|0
    0|0
  • I value myself so much, I would never harm myself.
    Rather commit suicide at once.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never self harmed physically but had mental health issues that were self destructive - I think you have to step outside yourself and think whatever short term relief/control you feel now will be swallowed up by long term regret and in self harm cases, scars.
    As I say in mental health cases here, "You are not alone" go on the net research support sites/forums etc, see what other people did there will probably be 500 solutions offered but all you need is one, or a combination of a few to work and that will probably the help the person you are concerned about.
    There is different perspectives if it is you or someone you are concerned about though if it is not you, encourage the person to reach out to somebody for help.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't self harm, I just use distractions to get rid of the triggering emotions

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you believe in a higher power? Like God or the Universe? Give me your opinion and I'll give you a proper explanation as I could.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm.. By getting mature, responsible and practical about your actions.

1|0
    0|0
  • Realized that it's just really fucking stupid and pointless so I stopped

1|0
    0|0
  • If you really wanna stop self harming stay away from assholes😂

1|0
    0|0
  • stop pitzi, you're too innocent for that...

1|0
    0|0
  • I realized it was fucking stupid

1|0
    0|0
    • I never even really was successful at it. I did it like five times and I never even bled. Like not a single drop.

• Me dead inside.

1|0
    1|0
  • Never did.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why you do dis?

1|0
    0|0
  • By never starting it

1|0
    0|0
  • it went to my head rather physically

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I kept myself busy. When I felt the urge, I’d get myself away from any ‘tools’ by going on a walk. If that wasn’t possible, I got on with a bunch of friends to distract me, or I’d just draw on the area instead of harming. It took a while, but the urge to harm slowly deceased.. it’s still there, but it’s small enough to ignore most days.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well. I had a few methods.

(1) I would cut
    (2) I drained my blood with a needle
    (3) I beat myself
    (4) I starved myself

After I almost lost my right arm, I stopped because I realized it wasn't wanted for myself. It was hard, but with the help of the love of my life, I can look at a blade and have it mean nothing to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I stopped 2 years ago, now if I feel the urge to cut I go to my roomie and he'll sit and distract me until I don't have the urge anymore

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never done that, have you done that Ms Pitzi?

1|0
    1|0
  • I just stopped because it stopped "helping". Distractions play a huge part in stopping also.

1|0
    0|0
  • You just gotta realize that self harming does more harm than good an doesn't solve anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost died

That's a good wakeup call

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never self harmed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been ABLE to self harm. Which actually makes me feel all that more worthless.
    Try drawing instead, drawing lines or designs where you'd want to harm, the feeling of pressing the pen into your skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • I put a rubber band around my wrist for awhile until I found ways to be happy again.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes