Why non indians make fun of indian curry?

Whenever i talk with a non indian and they insult me by calling me curry girl and make fun of me what is wrong in Curry? All ethnicity have different food but people only make fun of indian

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• You're wrong. People rib Americans about hot dogs and doughnuts, the English about Fish and Chips or Beef Steaks, the French about Frog's Legs, Italians about Pizza, etc, etc. It's a common form of insult. And there's nothing wrong with a good curry, and I'm sure most people will have had at least one.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

People don't insult by calling them fish and chips Curry is use like a racial slur against indian same way people say N. Work to black in same way they say curry to indian

• Show All
    • 5d

But other ethnicity don't face it to same degree as indian do

• 5d

I think they do, nowadays, but you're probably right, in the historical sense. In England, it's Pakistani's who have always faced most offence over the years.

• Where do you live? Who are these people? Are you really 18-24? This sounds like something 12-year-olds would say. Curry is delicious and Indian women are beautiful. I'm crushing on about five at work right now.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I am 19 to be specific many people on internet have said that to me

• 5d

Indian women are considered unattractive through in most counties based on my experience

• Forgive them their ignorance.
    Frogs' legs are a French dish and Enlish speakers often call the French people Frogs. It doesn't make anything right but you are not alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Yes but everyone love french and it is rare to use that kind of slur against french but according to me people use Curry as a racial slur just like they use N word for black

• Show All
    • 5d

I hope that things get better for indians in future and thanks for talking

• 5d

I do too.

• l love indian curry l make indian curry at home as well l dont care what any one says and l am a white scottish guy l am a very good cook

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

People use curry as a racial slur against indian same way they use N word for black i just want to know why

• Show All
    • 5d

Thanks i am feeling better but hope things get better for indian in future

• 5d

So do l take care from scotland

• Curry is my life
    Trust me if you ever goto Indian home you will not find anything yummier than this.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Educated and decent ones will always love to interact with all communities without judging them. There are few good people around you always.

Western people did mock at Indians when they use to say Indian eat on plates made up of dried leaf. They invented and bought polythene in India. Today most of them had banned polythene in their own countries where as eating in plates made up of fallen leaves of peepal trees have always made soil fertile even if uneducated ones throw them it gets converted to compost (a natural fertilizer).

• Indian curry is the most famous.

Im sorry they are using it as an insult though that seems silly to me as curry is delicious.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

My life is sad Curry is use as a racial slur

• 5d

I'm bummed to hear that, I hope it doesn't catch on my niece is half nepalese half tongan and jokes about being "coconut curry" so I always just took it as light hearted teasing as she thought it was hilarious by the looks of it. I guess thats not the same everywhere though, boo.

• I don't know why people make fun of curry. It tastes quite good, and I always enjoy eating it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

People make curry joke and think that all indian Smell like curry

• Show All
    • 5d

Whenever people talk about indian they always say it

• 5d

Asker: It can't be always, when people talk about Indians, as my friends and myself, when talking about Indians, don't say it. Though obviously is must be common.

• im non indian, and i honestly love Indian foods, i never ate it, but whenever i look at any photo of a indian food, I get soo damn hungry as hell

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

That's really sweet but many people use Curry as a racial slur

• 5d

people are stupid lol

• I don't know why this happens. I have heard the term "Curry Muncher" thrown around before and it's just not nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Curry is awesome!! Maybe its a compliment?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

It is used as a racial slur

• They dont know the taste of our curry.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

It is use as a racial slur same way they use N word for black people

• 5d

May be. Just ignore them. Karma is there for all!😂😂😂
      Theh dont even realise that most of spices they use in their food has origin from us.

• not everyone eats curry

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

it's more specific to Indians why you tell me

• 5d

I am not asking anyone to eat curry but why use it as a insult what is wrong with curry

• 5d

because mostly only people from india eat it

• I think the fact you get insulted is all they need. People can insult you for any silly reason.
    Also incase you're wondering i've heard all types of people get insulted based on the food they eat.
    So it's not only you.. if that makes you feel any better :(

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

But why Curry is used as racial slur

• 5d

What i wished you would understand is anything can be used as a racial slur.
      It's nothing to do with curry but more to do with the fact that the person is just trying to establish power over you.
      You should be proud of curry... it smells great and tastes better than almost any food I've eaten. there's so much depth and flavours you can add to curry.. its just a versatile dish to have lol :D.
      Racism is always about power ; pick something out from another persons culture that is unique and ridicule them till they are stripped of all their confidence. This way they are easier to handle and put down.
      PS: I bet the same people who say these things.. secretly enjoy curry. Umm.. why , well cos it's curry there is only a small population of people who don't like it really.

• Curry is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of India but I'm not making fun of it. I just love curry lol but I don't insult. I don't know what's up with them but people of different ethnicity have different stench tho. We smell like dead fish according to some races. They smell like old cheese to us. (Not gonna specify the ethnicity so that no one get's triggered) You just got use to your own stench that's why you can't notice it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

But mainly, It's just a stereotype. Hygiene is a thing now tho.

• 5d

People often say that indian are smelly i don't smell but i am super insecure because of it and also because of Curry

• 5d

Again it's a stereotype because probably India makes the best curry.

What Girls Said 6

• That’s rude...
    although I will say I gave my indian friend curry powder for her birthday but thankfully her and her family found it hilarious and even made me curry from it.
    Honestly I’d take it with a pinch of salt. This is just me personally but if I were indian and someone called me curry girl, I’d be like “fuck yeah I’m the curry girl”
    Most people other than Indians make shitty curry.
    Girl stay strong. Indian food is the bomb.

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

I know indian food is amazing but people say Curry as a racial slur same way they use N word

• Show All
    • 5d

Well how can i ignore them they also do it in internet

• 5d

Don’t take it too seriously. There’s a lot of rude people out there and if you always let it get to you then you’ll always be sad

• I'm no Indian but I adore curry so much. It might be because of the smell, that multiple spices stringed together to make an ineffable taste. Apparently, when I was in vacation a few years back, it was the smell that they hate and not really the taste.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I am not forcing anyone to like indian food but using curry as a racial slur is not cool

• 5d

I Know dear. I mean, I'm South East Asian and South East Asia is known for that duck embryo snack.

• It's just a stereotype and people grasp and make fun of things they aren't always knowledgeable about. Don't worry about idiots who have nothing better to do than insult. 🤷

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its because they smell like it too..
    Its that super strong thing..

By the way i love indian food

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

All indian don't smell like Curry

• 5d

No but most of them.. I used to date an indian guy (im a white french Canadian) and he would smell like it.. but it wasn't a big deal to me..
      Anyways, when he would cook curry i used to take a shower afterwards so that my haor dont smell like it, and close all bedroom's door so that the smell doesn't get in my clean clothes or bed.
      Its socially unacceptable but also fair to say that its not a good smell to have.. it smell good as a food to eat but not for clothes or hair you know.. I agree that its better not to smell like it.
      I think thats why they are making fun of it, lack of hygiene.. but i disagree with making fun of someone for that of course..
      By the way, we dont date anymore.

• Everyone is being made fun of.
    The white people are pigs.
    The black people are monkeys.
    The East Asians are squinty eyes. The desis are curry eaters. The Arabs are sand lovers.

no way to escape it

0|0
    0|0
  • People don’t only make fun of Indians... there’s nothing wrong with curry except the smell. Don’t listen to folks who call you names.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

On internet it is very common and curry is used as a racial slur

• 5d

Not necessarily. I’ve heard it used. It’s more of a stereotype. Curry is a strong smell and a lot of times you can smell it on people

Recommended myTakes