Why non indians make fun of indian curry?

Whenever i talk with a non indian and they insult me by calling me curry girl and make fun of me what is wrong in Curry? All ethnicity have different food but people only make fun of indian

614

Most Helpful Guys

• Forgive them their ignorance.
    Frogs' legs are a French dish and Enlish speakers often call the French people Frogs. It doesn't make anything right but you are not alone.

• Yes but everyone love french and it is rare to use that kind of slur against french but according to me people use Curry as a racial slur just like they use N word for black

• I hope that things get better for indians in future and thanks for talking

• I do too.

• You're wrong. People rib Americans about hot dogs and doughnuts, the English about Fish and Chips or Beef Steaks, the French about Frog's Legs, Italians about Pizza, etc, etc. It's a common form of insult. And there's nothing wrong with a good curry, and I'm sure most people will have had at least one.

• People don't insult by calling them fish and chips Curry is use like a racial slur against indian same way people say N. Work to black in same way they say curry to indian

• I think they do, nowadays, but you're probably right, in the historical sense. In England, it's Pakistani's who have always faced most offence over the years.

• By the way, Indians are, by far, some of the nicest, politest, and most respectful people I ever meet. And in the workplace, the most professional.

Most Helpful Girls

• It's just a stereotype and people grasp and make fun of things they aren't always knowledgeable about. Don't worry about idiots who have nothing better to do than insult. 🤷

• That’s rude...
    although I will say I gave my indian friend curry powder for her birthday but thankfully her and her family found it hilarious and even made me curry from it.
    Honestly I’d take it with a pinch of salt. This is just me personally but if I were indian and someone called me curry girl, I’d be like “fuck yeah I’m the curry girl”
    Most people other than Indians make shitty curry.
    Girl stay strong. Indian food is the bomb.

• I know indian food is amazing but people say Curry as a racial slur same way they use N word

• Well how can i ignore them they also do it in internet

• Don’t take it too seriously. There’s a lot of rude people out there and if you always let it get to you then you’ll always be sad