Do you consider yourself as more of an introvert or extrovert?

Studies say that those with introverted tendencies recharge by spending time alone. They can lose energy from being around people for long periods of time. Extroverts, on the other hand, gain energy from other people. Which do you lean more toward? What tendencies do you have?

On a Friday, after a long day of work, would you rather relax in bed or go out with friends?
Do you consider yourself as more of an introvert or extrovert?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• the problem with being an introvert / extrovert is that it's been proven NO ONE is either of one you always have some traits of 1 and some of the other, you can lean more towards 1 side but you'll always have traits of the opposite end.
    for myself i used to be leaning towards the introverted side but nowadays i'm a lot more extroverted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Extreme extrovert (test as such), but I would have never guessed when I was younger and a social recluse who found nothing but stress in social situations since I was so ridiculously shy. But when I overcame that shyness, I found myself so energized being around people, and so disappointed if they had to go home early.

>> On a Friday, after a long day of work, would you rather relax in bed or go out with friends?

Friends or even complete strangers. Doesn't matter how exhausted I am. The mere fact that I'm exhausted means I wanna party with people and be surrounded by people. They energize me.

That said I might be an ambivert, or simply got used to spending time alone back when I was a teen. Since I can easily go for a month just hanging out alone... but when my friends then interrupt my solitude by inviting me to some party, I'm energized like never before.

1|0
    0|0
    • That said, my wife is an introvert (tests as such), but she's an unusual introvert in that she does like to hang around people... the difference is that she does tend to get tired after about partying for 4 hours. I tend to get tired only after partying for about 20+ hours.

• Show All
    • In particular my shyness was greatest at first dealing with strangers. I could sort of warm up to people I saw repeatedly, but get shy all over again with strangers. So the bar was like "boot camp" where I just got exposed to an endless horde of strangers, endless new faces, and had to step out of my comfort zone to interact with them.

• And there were nicer bars that I preferred... more quiet, less rowdy company... like jazz bars, fancy hotel bars, cozy little bars... I preferred those to like some rowdy bar (though I enjoyed those too when drunk) since I could really sit down and just chat with strangers, and tended to find more friends in that sort of setting than the one where guys are clashing beer mugs and playing pool.

Most Helpful Girls

• 50/50 for me, because I don’t really like being left alone with my thoughts for too long. I need to be around friends or at least acquaintances. That photo hits real close to home, since there were many times my parents would embarrass me in public when I was a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert... I'm a homebody for the most part and my home is my happy place. I do like to go out every now and then but not to often or I start feeling drained. I need time to recharge my battery and feel like myself again.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Actually i don't know. All i know is that i gain a lot of energy when i experience solitude. And i don't like to be in a place with too much people around me.

I don't like to have too muich friends that aren't really friends. I like to have a fue close friends who i can understand deeply and same to them. That doesn't mean i don't talk to strangers. I love to talk to strangers, be social and nice towards them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really ever see any substantive difference between the two. I just see people. Everyone, inside themselves, has the capacity for both or either. As such, they don't really mean much, honestly. At least not as much import as we often give them in American society.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am an introvert. It's how I've lived my life. I live alone now with the company of 2 dogs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert but can change if I want with everything but feeling drained around people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd consider myself an introvert with some extrovert qualities.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am an introvert. I find being around people draining.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go out. Being homes boring I'm in buildings all day. I wish I lived with my friends honestly

1|0
    0|0
  • ambivert, though i lean more on the introverted side

1|0
    0|0
  • Going out with friends for sure fun with others it the seed of life for me anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • I consider myself to be in the middle. Although the personality test i just took thinks im an extrovert

0|0
    0|0
  • Bit of both but I lean towards being an introvert.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say 75/25 introvert/extrovert

1|0
    0|0
  • Ambivert, more of an introvert.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ambivert (bit extro bit intro)

1|0
    0|0
  • In the middle of both def

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert af

1|0
    0|0
  • An outgoing introvert.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert, very introvert

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe a bit of an introvert.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introvert

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• I'd say I'm slightly in between because I'm good at talking with people but I usually fake my confidence when I'm secretly dreading it inside and would much rather be at home cuddled up on the sofa watching TV by myself in the peace and quite

1|0
    1|0
  • Im a introvert stay to myself... dont like groups or crowds of people... observant... more so fade into the background type of person unless im with someone im cool with... i dont go out much but when i do i feel refreshed most of the time i like going out by myself give me time to think and build my energy back up

1|0
    0|0
  • Any of those test a person takes have always said I'm an introvert. Personally I say I'm a mixture of both. Laying in bed on a Friday evening isn't my idea of relaxing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I need time for myself or I lose it, but I also love people. So meh?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an extrovert, but I come across as an introvert. I never wanted to be an introvert.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely introverted and I have nothing against it

1|0
    0|0
  • In between

1|0
    0|0
  • Im an amnivert but im definitely more introverted

1|0
    0|0
  • INTROVERT. I denied it for a long time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m bit of both in depends the environment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Extrovert. Too extrovert actually.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes