Do you consider yourself as more of an introvert or extrovert?

Studies say that those with introverted tendencies recharge by spending time alone. They can lose energy from being around people for long periods of time. Extroverts, on the other hand, gain energy from other people. Which do you lean more toward? What tendencies do you have?

On a Friday, after a long day of work, would you rather relax in bed or go out with friends?

1329

Most Helpful Guys

• the problem with being an introvert / extrovert is that it's been proven NO ONE is either of one you always have some traits of 1 and some of the other, you can lean more towards 1 side but you'll always have traits of the opposite end.
    for myself i used to be leaning towards the introverted side but nowadays i'm a lot more extroverted.

• Extreme extrovert (test as such), but I would have never guessed when I was younger and a social recluse who found nothing but stress in social situations since I was so ridiculously shy. But when I overcame that shyness, I found myself so energized being around people, and so disappointed if they had to go home early.

>> On a Friday, after a long day of work, would you rather relax in bed or go out with friends?

Friends or even complete strangers. Doesn't matter how exhausted I am. The mere fact that I'm exhausted means I wanna party with people and be surrounded by people. They energize me.

That said I might be an ambivert, or simply got used to spending time alone back when I was a teen. Since I can easily go for a month just hanging out alone... but when my friends then interrupt my solitude by inviting me to some party, I'm energized like never before.

• That said, my wife is an introvert (tests as such), but she's an unusual introvert in that she does like to hang around people... the difference is that she does tend to get tired after about partying for 4 hours. I tend to get tired only after partying for about 20+ hours.

• In particular my shyness was greatest at first dealing with strangers. I could sort of warm up to people I saw repeatedly, but get shy all over again with strangers. So the bar was like "boot camp" where I just got exposed to an endless horde of strangers, endless new faces, and had to step out of my comfort zone to interact with them.

• And there were nicer bars that I preferred... more quiet, less rowdy company... like jazz bars, fancy hotel bars, cozy little bars... I preferred those to like some rowdy bar (though I enjoyed those too when drunk) since I could really sit down and just chat with strangers, and tended to find more friends in that sort of setting than the one where guys are clashing beer mugs and playing pool.

Most Helpful Girls

• 50/50 for me, because I don’t really like being left alone with my thoughts for too long. I need to be around friends or at least acquaintances. That photo hits real close to home, since there were many times my parents would embarrass me in public when I was a child.

• Introvert... I'm a homebody for the most part and my home is my happy place. I do like to go out every now and then but not to often or I start feeling drained. I need time to recharge my battery and feel like myself again.