Would you consider yourself to be a good person?

Would you say that you are good person and why? What would you say makes someone good?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I think so. Well, at least I try to be.

I generally try to treat people with kindness and respect. In real life, I avoid conflict and try to solve conflicts diplomatically. I have very strong secular humanist values, which include my belief that all humans have a right to happiness. I also consider myself a pacifist. I try very hard to go through life without prejudices and I try to be tolerant towards other lifestyles rather than judge them.

1|0
    0|0
  • well, i guess i am kind of, sort of, somewhat, a good person in a way. sometimes i give up my seat for the elderly, pregnant women, or the injured/handicapped peoples when others don't, i also hold the door for the people sometimes like when they're having a hard time getting inside a building with the baby stroller because of the door, and i just see people stare and walk by and don't bother helping, then i'll run over, hold the door open for them until they get inside. but like i'm not ever the first person to offer help, i'll wait for a bit to see if anyone does and if no one does then i'll do it because no one else does it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Not always.

Like everyone, i have a good and a bad side. In general, i'm a genuinely kind , caring and compassionate person. But not everyone sees that side of me, because not everyone deserves my kindness and compassion . I don't intentionally hurt peoples feelings. It's not in my nature to. But i can be a mean bitch at times , depending on how other people treat me or how they treat others

3|0
    0|0
  • For the most part yes. But I don’t think everyone is all good. We all have demons. It’s just making the conscious choice to do good. I’m usually the one that’s there for everyone and ends up getting dumped on. But I never retaliate. Sometimes though... I feel like I just want to do something to make myself happy. And that feels incredibly selfish. Sometimes I do them. And feel awful. A little cryptic I know but... it makes me feel like a bad person.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• everyone makes mistakes but the difference is if try to change & learn,
    good person has morals & values & may do silly things now & then but its their character to grow & keep making self better as always growing

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I'd say I do my best to help others and make those around me happy when I can, and I try not to hurt others or make them uncomfortable.

I try to be a good person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe there is no such thing. Good is relative and to me, good is something I'll never be. I've done bad things, lied, cheated, and so much more. I doubt I'll ever be a good person in my own eyes but that's alright with me. I'm growing and living life trying to get there and that is worth more in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • The bible says there is no one good. By peoples standards almost everyone would say they are good compared to hitler but by Gods standards none of us are. The book of James says "he who keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at one point, he is guilty of all... We can't be good enough to get to heaven. We can only rely on Gods redeeming grace to save us.

1|1
    0|0
  • Welp considering the fact I try to be respectful and don't go out of my way to screw other people over I would say so. I know a lot of ***holes that purposely screw others over, and plenty who simply find joy in the suffering of others. Considering the fact I do not purposely seek to inflict suffering on others I think that makes me good while those who don't care would be considered neutral and those who enjoy the suffering of others to be evil.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do try to be that way all the time, and try to look at the big picture and hope I for see a plan then try to follow that path also I am honest to people... so I think that makes me a decent person

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I consider myself the best person there is.
    Clearly, the choices I decide to make are perceived as just by me, otherwise I wouldn't be making them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I been told I'm a kind soul.. I honestly don't think I am nice.. I can state my opinion on delicate subject with zero f***s given if you are insulted or not. I do what is morally right so I do the right thing even when life is kicking me in the ground

1|0
    0|0
  • Im a good guy in general.
    But i have lot of evil in mind and i do bad things too.
    But since my good deeds are more than bad, i consider myself an overall good person.

1|1
    0|0
  • The definition a good person, is someone who take responsibility for their actions towards others.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess I'm a good person. I mean, I haven't killed anyone yet, so there's that.

1|0
    0|0
  • the question is somewhat existantial somewhat moral.. too complex and depe ding on beliefs and knowpedge..
    in short: good? yep, on my level. at least i can say i try.

1|0
    0|0
  • i guess i am an average person not good not bad.. i have few habits that are considered bad and some good habits too... as i am not always good and bad so i am not both of them

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my best friends told me " you're a good person who leans on the dark side" so we'll go with that I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm. im kinda in the ballpark of unintentionay mean but harmless. anyway at this rate my genes are about as likely to get passed on as a cat is of birthing a dog so i suppose its the end o the line

1|0
    0|0
  • Life is not black and white I consider myself to live in the gray area but make a conscious effort to provide a best future available scenario

1|1
    0|0
  • I consider myself to be a good person but that isn't my decision to make. As to what makes someone "good". Thats kind of hard to answer without talking about a specific aspect.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do no harm with intent. I respect people and their differences. Try to contribute to the world positively. You tell me! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • No i consider my self a realistic person. I don't do terrble thing but im not going to any soup kitchens either

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm only good to people I like. I'm too moody and a total jackass if I don't like someone.

2|0
    0|0
  • I am one of those good guys who always behave nice, doesn't insult women, take no as a no and yes as a yes

1|0
    0|0
  • This is one of the only questions that i myself will sound conceited on. You Damn right i am a good person

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. Think the attributes of mother Teresa would make someone a good person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I consider my self a nice person, neither a good one or a bad one

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to think a am but who am I to say so. but in my opinion to be a good person you have to put others you love before yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Who am i to judge it is a thing to be judged by god

1|0
    0|0
  • Looking out for others. Treating people like you would want to be treated

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah imma piece of shit and I'm cool with it. Just look at my posts.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a stereotypical bad guy because I don't conform to expectations. For example, most people my age are working a minimum wage job that not only pays them nothing but dirt, but treats them like slaves as well, I refuse to settle for a job I won't like, so people call me lazy. I always retort with the idea that taking such an awful job instead of going out and looking for one you'll like and will actually pay you is a very lazy act. I look down on the public, I condescend them, and I simply don't like them at all. With all of this, it's no surprise I have a bad guy label attached to me. In my mind, I'll always be the real good guy regardless.

1|0
    0|0
  • Even criminals and drug addicts think they are good people. Kinda wasteful question

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• I am an honest person and I have a good heart I try to do the right thing for the most part. I apologize when I make mistakes and I own up to my shit. I'm a constant work in progress always trying to better myself, I'm not perfect but I do my best.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I am particularly good, just average. I say this because I have met good people and they aren't me.

2|0
    0|0
  • I feel like you saying that your a good person implies that your just saying that about yourself to feel good but if you are actually a good person you wouldn’t have to say that u are to anyone you would just BE! For me being a good person means not caring about all of those stereotypes and just being yourself and helping others so they can be the best person they can be as well

1|0
    0|0
  • yes. I try to always do the right thing, I follow the golden rule, I think of others and how what I say and do may affect them.
    I dont lie, cheat or steal. And I haven't killed anyone this week.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Im a real person. Im good just to the ones I love, I dont care about other people than my family , friends and my man. And why would I? No reason to be nice to people I dont know. But also. Im not rude without a reason eighter.

1|0
    0|0
  • A Heart of Gold for the Yong and the Old but a Gutton for Punishment sometimes too. xx

1|1
    0|0
  • I would have to say I'm a realist person.. I have a god heart to those that are good to me mainly my family and friends that I love and care about. And depends on the mood or the person. I have a working progress to do and be better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have psychopathic tendencies but I don't hurt people unless they hurt me or refuse to do me a solid after I done so for them. I'm kind to everyone but have very little empathy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as Christ is in me and I choose to do what I know is right

1|0
    0|0
  • I always try to be a ray of light. For myself and for other people!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a kind, considerate & modest human being with my own weaknesses

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what day and if I had my morning coffee ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Mmmm most days. I'm human let's just say that. I

1|0
    0|0
  • Only God will judge what is good or not.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you scratch my back I scratch yours

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do , but some might say differently

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm a righteous person.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say so

0|1
    0|0
  • nein

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say so

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • In parts yeah but no, not really

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope I don't think so , I have at least 30% of goods and bad

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not. I'm not a bad person either. I fuck up and try to fix it or own up to it.
    and try to be the best person I can.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes