If you could learn another language, which would it be and why?

1430

Most Helpful Guy

• Spanish. Because I'm living in America. It just makes sense.

• Do you speak any Spanish? :)

• Ty, I'll keep Anonymous in mind if i need help lol.

• I can add ya, y'know. lol

What Guys Said 29

• Chinese, since it is such a huge challenge for Westerners to learn and there are so many native speakers.

• Tones, pinyin, all those strokes... but oh so much history and beauty.

• Exactly. I don't find the spoken language a thing of beauty (no doubt due to my own lack of musical ability), but the written language certainly is.

• mandarin chinese or Spanish. widely spoken. as china rises as an economic power the ability to work with and thus speak chinese becomes more and more advantageous

• Japanese/Chinese/Mandarin

and relearn German

always loved the east Asian languages, and I used to speak German as a child very fluently but for the life of me cannot utter a single word since

• Shucks, that is very unfortunate... but I'm sure you couldit pick it up faster than an absolute beginner. And wow... all men so far have an interest in Chinese (or Mandarin :P) in all answers so far. Interesting. I'm all for Nihongo! Und Deutsch. Et français. Lol.. I could go on.

• ;) You are welcome.

• Spanish. I have some very nice friends and neighbors who are primarily Spanish speaking... My Spanish isn't very good... I'd like to be able to communicate with them better.

• Spanish would be number one.

@Logorithim Mandarin would be number two. Chinese is not a language. Someone's gonna say it, so it might as well be me.

• Español! Bien.

• @Logorithim Awesome and props to you!!!

• Probably Sanskrit or Icelandic. Both are old, relatively unchanged and help me understand some old books better.

• Oh wow I remember learning Icelandic after my trip there. Such lovely people, language and country/island. Sanskrit is beautiful too!!!

• Gaman að hitta þig (I think thats right)

Otherwise the only ones I know off hand are more Swedish from my friend Lars :P

• Hejjjjj. Svenskaaaaaaa.

• I been trying to learn Spanish slowly so I can understand my gf’s second language when she speaks it as a way to get closer to Demi

• Girl language. I hear it's very difficult and confusing though 😂

• I would learn a few, Russian, German, Arabic, Spanish, Chinese, French, Romanian, Swedish, C, C++, C#,

• Russian so that I couldn't speak with Russian girls on their nazive language.

• Japanese and Chinese cuz I really like Asian girls 😂

• I speak three languages Arabic, English and French. Next one is Russian language

• C++, PHP, HTML, Java.. Why? Because knowing them pays well.

• Lol yep! They do pay well hahaha.

• Sumerian. It's the oldest known language

• Spanish because I live in Spain

• Spanish, can you speak some? I like the way Spanish from Spain sounds like. Love their "ceceo".

• Oh nice... yeah... I was in Europe when Brexit happened.

• Technically it hasn't happened yet. May next year, I believe

• Japanese

• Japanese. Doko no cheezu deska?

• Lol where is the cheese? WAKARIMASEN! Hahaha

• It's the only Japanese I know. Useful in many situations.

• Womanese

• Mandarin. Most speakers, new business language.

• Russian

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 14

• right now i am nm learning Spanish for traveling. i speak like a 5 year old currently :) i would like to learn malayalam but cannot find a class or teacher. my boyfriend and his family speak it and i feel like it would be respectful and cool to learn because if this

• Vas a mejorar. Voy a ti!!! :) :)

• Japanese, just so I could watch anime without sub/dub.

• Maltese it’s a beautiful country and I would love to live in Malta one day

• I’m learning how to speak Korean right now, so I’d like to get better

• I want to learn Aramaic. I don’t know where one might find classes for that though.

• Spanish. I know a little bit of the language but I want to learn more because it would be cool to learn another language other than English.

• Chinese because the US trades with them all the time so it's a great business language and also it sounds cool to say "i know chinese"

• Spanish. I’ve been teaching myself for a while now but i always end up quitting.

• No te rindas!! (Don't give up!!). I can help you. :)

• @up_64 Y el subjuntivo. Los condicionales.. etc etc... pero vale la pena. Es un idioma muy útil! xD

• You got this... :)

• African clicking language

• Mandarin

• Awesome... I should consider this. Why are you interested in Mandarin?

• It seems so challenging. I heard that an average Chinese kid has to remember some 200 'alphabets'

• Yeah! So you like to challenge yourself... that is great. :)

• right know im learning portuguesses

• Perfeito. O português é muito lindo. :)

• My native tongue is Greek and i learned English in school. Right now i am learning Korean and after i finish with korean i will probably learn Japanese. I love languages that look and sound very foreign and i really love how korean and japanese sound. I would also like to learn Swedish or German one day as well or even Chinese

• Wow. You go girl!!! I admire you so much! What is your strategy for learning?

• Thank you! I try to implement it in my everyday life in order to get used to it. I study everyday first of all, not for many hours but i try to be in contact with the language. I also write some notes in the language or a diary, change my phone settings, read comics etc. It is extremely helpful if you use the language everyday day and also fun to find new ways to exercise

• Bulgarian and Spanish

• And because I’m half Bulgarian, and I just love the Spanish language

• Oh... I can read it sort of... obicham te... I knew some Russian and it reminds me of it. Nice!!!

• That’s it! :)

• Trying to master Spanish, as it will be the most useful because i live innthe usa in a major city with many latino people. I also work in nonprofit/politics and id like to do more work with undocumented immigrants who dont speak much English and need assistance. I love the language as well and I want to back to spain to visit and other countries throughout latin america as well. I like to explore other cultures and Spanish is probably the most useful language aside from English

After that, maybe mandarin just in case i ever want or need that for business or to be competitive for different government jobs. Either that or Arabic. Also bragging rights and traveling as well.

And in last place, other romance languages that are less useful but still beautiful and become easier to learn once my Spanish is perfect - french, portugese. I love france and portugal and id love to go to brazil

• You sound just like me. Wow... I love your wish to help. I can hwlp you with Spanish if you ever want to improve. :) I'll follow you and feel free to add me if you wish.

• Wait lol we're both anonymous.