Are You Confident?

Confidence could be in whatever. You could be confident in how you look, how you do academically, about your social life or whatsoever. Are You Confident?
  • Yes, I'm a confident person
  • No, I'm not a confident person
  • Results
    Vote C

1719

Most Helpful Girls

• Professionally confident yes, socially confident no

• I'm confident in somethingd and feel hopeless in others.

Most Helpful Guys

• In general I'm not so afraid of failure and shrug it off. However, where I tend to lack confidence is in matters of security. I worked some jobs where security was the utmost concern, and I was one of those types who wanted to quadruple-check everything because the risk of failure was too high.

When it comes to social situations, I've learned to see failure as no big deal. With security situations though where people's livelihoods or lives are at risk, I don't see failure as no big deal, and you'll find me the most paranoid type insisting that we double-check and triple-check and quadruple-check and so on in a way that's a little bit lopsided towards being counter-productive.

• I'm a software developer and learned to avoid mission-critical jobs for that reason. I don't want a programming mistake of mine to kill somebody, and the very thought of that possibility was the sort of thing that made it difficult for me to every sleep at night. I decided to favor the entertainment industry as a result instead where a mistake wouldn't kill someone.

• [...] that possibility was the sort of thing that made it difficult for me to [/even] sleep at night.

• Another way to put it is that I'm pretty confident when it comes to just jeopardizing me. As an adrenaline junkie type into skateboarding vert, I'm not afraid of taking a hard slam and I'm not afraid of being rejected by a girl or anything like that. But put me in a situation where my own mistake ends up getting someone else besides me hurt, and I start to hesitate and doubt myself.

• I used to be confident up until the Lyndon Johnson Administration when this was still a free country. Then all the stupid Civil Rights, except for the Voting Rights Bill, and his disastrous Great Society Give Away crap was passed, by both Republicans and Democrats, and I've been scared to death ever since, watching this country go downhill, one stupid law after another. If I hear Gay Rights again I'm going to scream. At church, on Memorial Day, 40 years ago the minister used to ask all the veterans to stand up, and at least 50 men and women did. Last Memorial Day: 2. It would have been 3, but my daughter goes to another church. Disgusting young powder puffs.

• Wow... you're calling people "powder puffs" and yet you're so scared of change you don't have any confidence? Sounds like you're the puffy one, Nancy.

• @HungLikeAHorsefly Damned right I hate change because life was so much better before liberals took over the country. I'm glad I lived when I did. And this generation are a bunch of powder puffs.

• You're not exactly sellin' the idea that your generation weren't powder puffs, either.