Do you blame me for not taking sexual harassment seriously?

I don't believe most accusations of sexual harassment until proven guilty
especially if

The person is wealthy
the person has no criminal history
Or if the person is accused Many years after the supposed assault

Imagine if someone claimed that you murdered somebody with no Evidence, but getting put to death anyway
  • I don’t believe most of it either
    Vote A
  • I believe all sexual harassment claims
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• All accusations have to be investigated end of. This man's story is heartbreaking but there is not an epidemic of falsely accused rapists going to jail. Very few people accused of rape ever see any jail time because it is ridiculously hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt. This man spending time in jail has more to do with our societies treatment of black people then it does of men. People of wealth do commit atrocities and thinking someone is innocent just because they are wealthy is ludacris. Lots of well off people commit crimes. No criminal history? Again plenty of criminals have no criminal history until they get caught. And many years after again is ridiculous look at the Catholic Church sex scandal or Harvey Weinstein who everyone knew was abusing women. The fact of the matter is YOU as a man are far more likely to be sexually assaulted then you are to ever be falsely accused. 1 in 7 is a ridiculously high number far more significant then 2-5% of rape accusations proven false. Why is no one talking about that?

7|3
    0|1
    • if a woman lie about rape she should be punished as much as the damage done to the man falsley accused
      this is not happening

• Show All
    • If it's PROVEN that the woman is lying about rape she should be punished as much as the damage done to the men falsely accused
      Period
      That's justice

• @AlbanianYoungLady
      That may be justice, but it's worthless in the end. It changes nothing. It does nothing. It solves nothing.

Infact, for the reasons I already stated, it just makes the situation worse.

But if you believe blind pursuit of worthless "Justice" is a good thing despite it destroying any hope of fixing the problem, go for it. In the end, you'll have contributed to the destruction and ruination of your own community and society.

• a simple yes or no answer can't possibly speak for the 70% women in DRC who have been raped at some point in their lives, it also can't speak for the people who have falsely been accused. but it also can't change the fact that unlike in the U. S where 'me too' slogan ruled, in my country women hide when they are sexually harassed because we have been taught to believe its always the woman's fault, so rapists are rarely punished. recently my professor tried something, i refused and i got a retake. i know other students who have fought it and have ended up worse so i didn't dare do anything. things like this happen everyday because our society, i included let it. nothing is always perfect. but at least in the US you see people speaking up and actually doing something about it, i admired how i saw in the news people standing together against the said rapists. i envy that. i choose to believe innocent till proven guilty, but what i don't accept is the willingness to turn a blind eye to sexual harassment because a few have been wrongfully convicted. its the system that's faulty. that would mean we also let go of every criminal starting with terrorists since i have heard of several wrongfully accused terrorists been absolved. most recently it happened in Australia. next we should let go of all the child molesters since in South Africa a wrongfully accused man was also absolved. where will t end?

1|1
    0|1
    • i don't think that taking away someone's life (for any amount of time) is justified without evidence. I don't think the system works properly and i don't know why a female can't rape a male?

• @Sevenpointfive there are also females who rape boys, they're few but they do exist

Most Helpful Guys

• Here's the misconception you're going off of.

I don't think any man should be convicted without proof, sure. That is how it should be in any justice system.

But we sure as fuck shouldn't have the god damn climate we have now.
    Making a rape accusation, at all, can brand you with a horrible amount of vitriol and hate. Especially amongst people close to the one you accuse. That's fucked up.
    All you need to shut someone up about rape is have a good standing in the community.
    Which is why it's a crime of power and dominance.

And on that note, just like someone said, the case in the video has more to do with the way society treats black men than anything.
    That's compounded by my previous statement about community reputation.
    You wanna get away with a false rape accusation? Be a white woman accusing a black man. That has everything to do with a fucked up culture that villanizes black men.

The idea that rape is mostly done by strangers is far from the truth. Most rapists are people who the victim knows.

When people see rape, they only see the crime.
    They don't see a victim and the accused as two separate things.

So let me break down what believing a victim means.
    It means you take their accusations seriously.
    It means you provide help and support to make sure the emotional and physical trauma they've suffered is controlled and they're seeking help.

It does not mean you convict without proof. It never has. No one is proposing that. No one. I have yet to hear someone say that who is in the "MeToo" camp.

But Evidence is not your concern. Nor is the accused.
    Evidence is the job of investigators, police departments, and medical examiners.
    It's the concern of the jury.
    It is absolutely not your job to ask for proof. Focus on care for the victim, not exoneration or proof for the accuser.
    If you are on the accused's side, fine, but don't go around shitting on victims.

Because be it a woman, child, or man, rape is traumatizing and devastates a person and people in their lives. So focus on that.

It disgusts me that so many people here have no understanding at all of rape and rape culture. How a person can get away not only with rape but false rape accusations, and how people in this section feed into letting people off the hook for these with their blinding ignorance.

By the way, want to not be accused? Stop doing shitty things. Stop touching people without consent. Stop treating your partners like property. Stop making unwanted comments about stranger's bodies.

0|1
    0|1
  • That story is horrible. Most sexual assault allegations are not false, but A LOT are. A lot more than the bullshit statistics feminists push hat claim false rape accusations are only 1% - 2% of rape claims. There are studies that suggest it is as high as 30% - 40%, although I would guess it is more like 20% - 25%. Is it any wonder no one respects feminism anymore?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24770819

search.proquest.com/.../1

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• And then people wonder why most victims do not report what happened...

5|0
    0|5
  • an accusation should be treated impartially until proper evidence substantiating this accusation is found in which case the perpetrator will be punished. If there's evidence that the accusation was false, then the person who did the accusing should be punished. If there is no evidence to prove the accusation was neither true or false, then the accused person cannot be punished since "innocent until proven guilty" is law.

1|2
    0|0
  • People lie so I don't believe it right away but I do take the topic really serious including men who make claims of being raped and considering i've been around a lot of people close to me in my life that have been raped

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think you should make any conclusions that someone is guilty without proper evidence... but if a claim is made it should always be investigated. Sexual harassment is very serious and should never be taken lightly.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is an issue we actually need to address, but it seems no one will

2|0
    0|0
  • The thing is, it's hard, or even impossible to prove when it's true. Because of that it's easy to lie about it too.

0|3
    0|0
  • Well yes, you are innocent until proven guilty however you can still be investigated for such accusations reported. I do think men are getting in their feelings over sexual harassment, a lot of them seem to think that this is just an attack on their sex or some man hunt when actually, some of these male celebs could very well be guilty. We just found that out that it all true with bill cosby. I also understand that some women wrongly accuse men to get back at them over petty stuff so i just want to throw that out as well. With type of cases you have to look at both sides.

0|0
    0|1
  • I blame your parents for not using a condom.

2|0
    0|2
  • I believe almost all
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|1
    0|6
    • Even guys who accuse women?

• @Anpu23 Yeah, why would that be different?
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• Many feminists have an issue with female aggressors, and treat the accusations of men and women very differently. So I was wondering how you felt about that.

• This is why people don’t like to come forward about sexual harassment.

1|1
    0|4
    • Not at all true. That's not why.

• Show All
    • And if a woman has lied she should be raped.

• No, she should be jailed.

• I have been sexually harrased by girls and guys and if a close friend to me Said they didn't Believe me I would back away. But I unserstand that you don't trust every single harrasmemt on the Internet because a lot of it is fake and some people make it up which is sick. But if you wouldn't Believe it if a family member or a close friend Said it then it's bad according to me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• No, what was a nice compliment 10 years ago is now sexual harassment. We used to even give girls a light pat on the butt and they'd giggle and say "Oh stop that." Then they'd go out to lunch with you. Sexual harassment is when you keep saying things to a girl that brings her to tears, and then keep it up by calling her at home, or grabbing her boobs, unless you're both teenagers and are kidding around.

0|1
    2|0
  • Not really. The left keeps changing the definition of words in order to fit their narrative. Now even liking Brett Kavanaugh is "violence against women", confirming him is "rape", and presuming he is innocent until proven guilty is "sexual assault". If the left won't take these words seriously, why should I?

1|0
    0|0
  • The problem is the definition is too subjective. Almost ANYTHING is sexual harassment, these days. And worse, if a guy tries to avoid all the things women have said is sexual harassment, they label him a "beta", or not worth dating. The double standard is clear.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't caste judgment one way or the other. but it doesn't really matter if you or I believe an allegation does it? just like it doesn't really matter if a person believes a murder allegation, or a claim of rape or hate crimes ultimately.

0|0
    0|1
  • I've seen waaay to many bullshit claims of sexual misconduct + the way Feminism has turned it into politically motivated lynch mob justice..

Yeah, no. Don't take most of it seriously.

0|3
    0|0
  • False rape accusations should be punished far more severely than actual rape. A rape is a single traumatic event that is possible to overcome, falsely accusing someone of rape is destroying their entire life for good.

0|2
    0|0
  • It happened to someone I know.
    The power of the pussy, has gone too far.
    I believe that everyone should have the exact same rights and punishment.
    And should have to do all of the potential time that the falsely accused was facing!

0|0
    0|0
  • How many people are wrongfully accused of sexual assault and/or rape, versus those who are found guilty?

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't believe any of them unless they have video proof.

1|1
    8|1
  • Sexual harassment claims has to be treated as any other crime. The defendant is innocent until proven guilty and the defendant must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe after the evidence. What's sexual harrasment with the modern standards anyway? If some woman touches me the wrong way, I tell her and problem solved.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would also include rape claims in with sexual harassment. There’s enough false cases of that to fill several books.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to all claims, but I require evidence to accept them.

2|0
    0|0
  • The fact that 83% of men here look that way about women getting attacked proves this is definitely a stereotypical right-leaning crew.

0|0
    0|1
  • I take it case by case based upon whatever evidence is available.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe most of it either. I mean honestly, come on. It's getting ridiculous.

0|0
    0|0
  • why the hell would you plead guilty or take any kind of settlement if you didn't fucking do it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I heard a good amount of these stories.

You know people claiming make celebs to be the father of their child or something. Or being raped once upon a time ago even tho the make celeb never met her...

Which is why I always like to look at these with an open mind. And also which is why when I first heard about the Bill Cosby thing I thought it was very suspicious.

Like several women voicing their claims at the same time after several years this has supposedly occurred... Really?

I haven't been following what's been going on or if there's any new evidence, but I do know he's going to jail.

0|0
    0|0
  • Against men? No, thats reasonable

0|0
    0|0
  • Could you just shut the hell up, please?

0|0
    0|3
  • As You described them, I am very suspicious to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bro's b4 ho's

1|0
    0|0
  • Innocent until proven guilty

0|0
    0|0
  • I blame you

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't take it seriously, they are normally lying. Besides it is not too serious.

0|1
    0|0
    • Asker that princess women did the same with me and then blocked me, she is a pathetic, feminazi.

• men shouldn't trust women. Sex them ok. but don't be their friends.

if she is your wife make sure she knows the your law.

don't waste time with co worker women.

being a white knight is like getting aids.

0|2
    3|1

Recommended myTakes