Do you blame me for not taking sexual harassment seriously?

I don't believe most accusations of sexual harassment until proven guilty
especially if

The person is wealthy
the person has no criminal history
Or if the person is accused Many years after the supposed assault

Imagine if someone claimed that you murdered somebody with no Evidence, but getting put to death anyway
  • I don’t believe most of it either
  • I believe all sexual harassment claims
  • Results
    Vote C

1428

Most Helpful Girls

• All accusations have to be investigated end of. This man's story is heartbreaking but there is not an epidemic of falsely accused rapists going to jail. Very few people accused of rape ever see any jail time because it is ridiculously hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt. This man spending time in jail has more to do with our societies treatment of black people then it does of men. People of wealth do commit atrocities and thinking someone is innocent just because they are wealthy is ludacris. Lots of well off people commit crimes. No criminal history? Again plenty of criminals have no criminal history until they get caught. And many years after again is ridiculous look at the Catholic Church sex scandal or Harvey Weinstein who everyone knew was abusing women. The fact of the matter is YOU as a man are far more likely to be sexually assaulted then you are to ever be falsely accused. 1 in 7 is a ridiculously high number far more significant then 2-5% of rape accusations proven false. Why is no one talking about that?

• if a woman lie about rape she should be punished as much as the damage done to the man falsley accused
      this is not happening

• If it's PROVEN that the woman is lying about rape she should be punished as much as the damage done to the men falsely accused
      Period
      That's justice

• @AlbanianYoungLady
      That may be justice, but it's worthless in the end. It changes nothing. It does nothing. It solves nothing.

Infact, for the reasons I already stated, it just makes the situation worse.

But if you believe blind pursuit of worthless "Justice" is a good thing despite it destroying any hope of fixing the problem, go for it. In the end, you'll have contributed to the destruction and ruination of your own community and society.

• a simple yes or no answer can't possibly speak for the 70% women in DRC who have been raped at some point in their lives, it also can't speak for the people who have falsely been accused. but it also can't change the fact that unlike in the U. S where 'me too' slogan ruled, in my country women hide when they are sexually harassed because we have been taught to believe its always the woman's fault, so rapists are rarely punished. recently my professor tried something, i refused and i got a retake. i know other students who have fought it and have ended up worse so i didn't dare do anything. things like this happen everyday because our society, i included let it. nothing is always perfect. but at least in the US you see people speaking up and actually doing something about it, i admired how i saw in the news people standing together against the said rapists. i envy that. i choose to believe innocent till proven guilty, but what i don't accept is the willingness to turn a blind eye to sexual harassment because a few have been wrongfully convicted. its the system that's faulty. that would mean we also let go of every criminal starting with terrorists since i have heard of several wrongfully accused terrorists been absolved. most recently it happened in Australia. next we should let go of all the child molesters since in South Africa a wrongfully accused man was also absolved. where will t end?

• i don't think that taking away someone's life (for any amount of time) is justified without evidence. I don't think the system works properly and i don't know why a female can't rape a male?

• @Sevenpointfive there are also females who rape boys, they're few but they do exist

Most Helpful Guys

• Here's the misconception you're going off of.

I don't think any man should be convicted without proof, sure. That is how it should be in any justice system.

But we sure as fuck shouldn't have the god damn climate we have now.
    Making a rape accusation, at all, can brand you with a horrible amount of vitriol and hate. Especially amongst people close to the one you accuse. That's fucked up.
    All you need to shut someone up about rape is have a good standing in the community.
    Which is why it's a crime of power and dominance.

And on that note, just like someone said, the case in the video has more to do with the way society treats black men than anything.
    That's compounded by my previous statement about community reputation.
    You wanna get away with a false rape accusation? Be a white woman accusing a black man. That has everything to do with a fucked up culture that villanizes black men.

The idea that rape is mostly done by strangers is far from the truth. Most rapists are people who the victim knows.

When people see rape, they only see the crime.
    They don't see a victim and the accused as two separate things.

So let me break down what believing a victim means.
    It means you take their accusations seriously.
    It means you provide help and support to make sure the emotional and physical trauma they've suffered is controlled and they're seeking help.

It does not mean you convict without proof. It never has. No one is proposing that. No one. I have yet to hear someone say that who is in the "MeToo" camp.

But Evidence is not your concern. Nor is the accused.
    Evidence is the job of investigators, police departments, and medical examiners.
    It's the concern of the jury.
    It is absolutely not your job to ask for proof. Focus on care for the victim, not exoneration or proof for the accuser.
    If you are on the accused's side, fine, but don't go around shitting on victims.

Because be it a woman, child, or man, rape is traumatizing and devastates a person and people in their lives. So focus on that.

It disgusts me that so many people here have no understanding at all of rape and rape culture. How a person can get away not only with rape but false rape accusations, and how people in this section feed into letting people off the hook for these with their blinding ignorance.

By the way, want to not be accused? Stop doing shitty things. Stop touching people without consent. Stop treating your partners like property. Stop making unwanted comments about stranger's bodies.

• That story is horrible. Most sexual assault allegations are not false, but A LOT are. A lot more than the bullshit statistics feminists push hat claim false rape accusations are only 1% - 2% of rape claims. There are studies that suggest it is as high as 30% - 40%, although I would guess it is more like 20% - 25%. Is it any wonder no one respects feminism anymore?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24770819

search.proquest.com/.../1