Who do you think is more real/genuine? Men or women?

What do you think?
  • Men
  • Women

2749

What Girls Said 27

• Depends on the person, it's not gender based

• Men. Men are definitely more honest and up front about things whilst girls on the other hand can be very fake at times

• 4d

Overall I think men and women are just as bad as each other in certain areas of this topic. Men can be very untruthful and untrustworthy at times as well

• 4d

Personally I think men to be more real and genuine with you than women. Women tend to wear different faces with different people, fake smiles, and even fake friendships. Most times I see a guy acting/behaving the same with everybody, while women seem to think it's necessary to put on for certain people. Often I observe the way a woman will act one way with one person but differently with another, especially when it comes to interacting with men.

• guys i find to be more honest on how they feel towards someone where as girls can be passive aggressive so i'd say men on average but there people of either gender who are fake or real

• Men, women will lie to your face and shit talk you behind your back

• Well.. most of my closest friends who I feel I can say anything to are male. I think guys are less likely to be two-faced (not saying all females are). Could be wrong, but I do think there’s less of an urge to gossip among men.
    That being said, that’s only from my platonic experiences. Romantic experiences have been a little less fortunate.
    Don’t get me wrong though, I’m certainly not hating on the female population. I know some incredibly sweet girls.

• Hmm are you asking overall?
    Usually only good people are actually genuine. Are there more genuine guys then girls? Yeah probably. I've met too many mean, icky females in my life time. I still have seen horrible manipulative guys too though. At the end of the day I dont trust anyone until I can feel their intentions.

• I don’t think it’s a gendered issue. It has much more to do with personality. But if you want an average, it really depends on what you mean by real and genuine.

• Women can be quite cryptic

I'd say men about being upfront.
    But being truly genuine? Neither. Most people in general aren't truly genuine always.

• Girls are harsh and will just talk shit about you behind your back where as guys usually if they don't like you they let you know and that's why they're in fights more often

• Men, from my experience, it's usually girls who were being fake with me

• It really just depends on the person but I'd say men are more likely to just be straightforward

• Depends on the personality and not on the gender...

• i think it varies from person to person and you can't really generalise all girls or guys

• It really depends on the person. I've met equal fake people within both genders.

• 4d

I would vote guys are more genuine, but they're such assholes when around a group of their male friends. And some girls are honestly so fucking fake. You really have to search for the good ones.

• 4d

I definitely agree that around their guy friends guys are terrible, but when women are with their girlfriends? It's a complete bitch club.

• I think that women are from my experince nd observations. But it really depends on the person.

• I don't think either is more or less than the other.

• I was forced to choose one but it truly depends on the person itself

• Women. Obviously.

• Both can be either

• Men for sure

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 49

• Women are more dishonest, in the interest of "fitting in" or "getting along". Sorry, ladies... you lie WAY too much, especially to each other. It's the social lies that do it.

• Women have a billion dollar industry that helps them change themselves and they slend at least one hour a day doing this. They also mold themselves to be liked stating from their childhood

• Like so many of these questions the answer is equal men and women fake themselves up to feel better about themselves in different ways. I honestly don't think it is malevolent, I do it a bit myself, on here i come across calm and collected because I have a pause button, time to think before replying, believe me IRL nowhere near as confident.

• None
    The character of the person and its actions

• Women are more likely to wear disguises like makeup, corsets, Spanx, etc., and to give answers like "Fine" when things are anything but fine.

Men will almost always lie to a girl when she wears something that is unflattering and she asks if it makes her look fat. Men will also lie through their teeth to impress a girl.

Tossup.

• 😂😂😂 OH HO HO Men I don’t understand why yo asked this you can tell from yourself who is more genuine and it’s men.
    Unlike women who have you pay hundreds on dates only to cheat on you.
    Gold diggers.
    Baby trappers
    Child support trappers
    Feminism
    You nane it they will try and do it.

• 4d

Ps the girls that say them are plain stupid as in they either are stupid or are pretending.
      The girls that say both are BSing themselves because they know the answer but don’t want us to catch on or admit it.
      And the girls who coincidentally try to change the question by saying “well depends on the person” / “Hmm you mean like overall or certain characteristics” are also bsing trying to play mind games with a lie.
      And the men whi said women are genuine are either idiots or virgins who haven’t experienced what real women are like and it’s nothing portrayed on tv.

• Honestly?
    Neither.

Men act like they’re genuine when they’re not.

Women act like they’re not genuine (based on the stereotype) and they’re also not genuine.

This is why people think men are more “real”. But they’re often not.

• 5d

I think people are only looking at it in the physical perspective. That is, wearing makeup and getting plastic surgery. But that’s not the only thing that makes a person fake. There’s also men who fuck your girlfriend behind your back, there’s men that cheat (Cheaters are more men than women!), criminals and serial killers. All of these are anything BUT genuine!

• Dont think one gender is more real or genuinely than another. Each individual is unique and has a unique outlook on life. Now they may fall onlime with certain other individuals who might be more real or genuine or the opposite. Usually people are the opposite of what they claim. So if someone claims they are good more then likely opposite because people like to project

• I don't believe this is a gendered issue. Almost everyone lies in various ways, to varying degrees, and to various people for various reasons. However, Chris Rock has a brilliant and entertaining take on the matter.
    I'll just put this here:
    https://youtu.be/LJviK2YEBMU

• I would like to say women. Emotions on the sleeve kind of make it hard to fake how you really feel. And there's a lot of men who have egotistical ways not to say that women don't but machismo

• I think it's about even. Women lie about some things. Men lie about other things. We all tend to bend the truth a bit in our favor.

• where is the option for "it is based on personality".
    BUT least genuine are people who studied/work in marketing, followed by management and business (for them, I give some leeway that they have to be). Maybe lawyers but I don't have any contact with them. Most genuine, I think are electrical engineering and computer science majors.

• In my experience, I've seen many backstabbers on both sides, however, the rate at which I see them is much higher with women, so I give them the point.

• Men, don't paint their faces to look like something their not. Some sculpt Thier bodies to be who they are.

• Men. Women will lie, exaggerate or sugarcoat things more than men. They also better at playing mind-games.

• Men tell you they want to sex from day one so were upfront honest youlll play many games or say what yoou think a guy wants to hear or sex him for control we dont play that

• It REALLY depends on the individual, but the sneakiest, most manipulative people I have ever met are women. A close second are weak, passive aggressive men.

• Well obviously a very individual thing but I would say overall probably men

• That's hard one to answer. I think i'd say Men. Because men learn to be deceptive because of women. Women are deceptive by nature.

• 4d

Choses to take after what others do with the same sex in a early age (social bios).

• heh. each sex thinks the other is less genuine than their own. what does that tell us?

• More from Guys
    29