If you could only decide between a car and your own place, what would you choose?

We are not talking about dream car or dream place, we are talking about realistic decent stuff lol

Personally I'm all for own place
  • Car
    Vote A
  • Own place
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Cars are great and necessary. But having a place to call home that is all yours, not shared with roomates or shared with others such as an apartment , condo, duplex or other multiple residence... The freedom of being able to have loud music or a lack there of. Nobody to question what you are doing. Its beautiful.

2|1
    0|0
  • I would say it depends. Either way you'll have to have a job in order to pay either bills at your own place or fuel and maintenance of the car. So, If the place is close enough to work to walk, then I would say that. Otherwise, I would have to have the car for transportation to work.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Owning a car is not necessary where I live. I'd take an apartment any day over a car.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• My own place, because I'm probably going to spend more time there, than in my car.

I walk a lot too and would probably get a little bit bored, if I had to drive long distances.

0|0
    0|0
  • A good car that’s great on gas. I had can that I spent about $450 per month on gas. Once I got car updated and look at mpg. Safety. Other things. I’m spending $120 per month on gas. Payment on car was less 300. Without car. Can’t get to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its hard, because I'd need to be able to get to work to afford my own place and I love out in the "country" while my work is in the city.
    If I didn't have to work I'd choose the house every time. I need space from my crazy family lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in NYC. I long to have my own place again. I have lived in the shelter system for the past six years and shell out $355 a month to store my property because I don't make enough to pay the rent here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m from a city so I don’t need a car to get around but my own place is essential.

I can dance and sing in my underwear like not a care in the world

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on your finances. You don’t just need enough but also need more. Your house has bills insurance etc a car has fuel and tax etc a house us more expensive in general.

0|0
    0|0
  • My own place. I got two feet, so transportation isn't a problem.

Hope she likes piggy back rides.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely own place. Better to have your own set of rules then to live another somebody else's roof

0|0
    0|0
  • As the owner of both, I'd say property is more important

1|0
    0|0
  • I would definitely take a house over a car... I can always Uber, taxi, car pool and save up to get myself a car later on

0|0
    0|0
  • I would choose dream work *yay*

**counter question**
    Choose any one dream stuff (not limited to place or car xD)

0|0
    1|0
  • A mobile camper could settle this. To me, a ''home'' is more important, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that was my only choice, i'd rather have a home. Definitely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. I guess at a pinch you could use public transport. Ugh.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would choose a car because it can get you to and from work so you can get your own place later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Car. 1985 Buick LeSabre. I can live out of it. In MN, u need a car.

0|0
    0|0
  • My own place. I could always walk or use public transport or bike.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easier for me to want to walk than to find a place.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can sleep, fuck, eat, read in a car... you can't shower though

0|0
    0|0
  • House preferably or a nice flat first. Car will soon follow.

0|0
    0|0
  • car ain't shit but headaches

2|1
    0|0
  • I can live in a car, but I can't move my place. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Own place is more useful

0|0
    0|0
  • My own place, of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Own place, owning a home anyway is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Home sweet home

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would anyone choose a car?

0|0
    0|0
  • Bicycle can easily substitute the car

0|1
    0|0
  • My own place

0|0
    0|0
  • Own place

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• Place. Im saving up for the apartment and he's saving for the car

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in a city and managed without a car just fine for 4 years, and now that I do have a car I don't even use it all that much. Definitely keep my own place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Own place because then I don’t have to move every year when my rental lease is up. With a car, you can always sell and buy a new one at the appropriate time.

0|0
    0|0
  • own place... 1 bc its more useful 2 bc i wanna move out 3 bc where i live u can walk paces 4 walking is good for u

0|0
    0|0
  • My own place, definitely. A car is way cheaper and easier to buy... and I'm not even too much into having a car. I'd rather take the bus or the subway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in a big city, I can take cabs or any other public transporr but having my own place is important. So, I'd rather choose having my own home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well despite having my license I have 6 hours driving experience. So I'd probably wreck the car. So I'd choose house km

0|0
    0|0
  • Having my own place is one of the most valuable things in life to me. I don't care about cars.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well at my age I’d rather live with my parents and have my own car

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't need a car but I need a house. Plus there's bikes, and modercycles so I'm cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I get my own place does that mean I don’t have a car? I need a car to get to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had my first car by the time I was 18 & still living at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Car since I've already got my own place

1|0
    0|0
  • Uber...

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend even if it's a hut.

0|0
    0|0
  • Own place. I can take the bus.