For those who can drive - did you pass your driving test first time?

For those who can drive - did you pass your driving test first time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, got my permanent, full license at 15. No bullshit back then. You went to a notary public, paid a couple bucks for a learner's permit, memorized a thin paperback book, your Dad took you out on the street, you waited a few weeks to make it look good, went to the state police, took a short written test, drove the cop around the block, parallel parked, went inside and they printed out your license. Didn't even have your picture on it until the mid 1970s, just a vague description. Now it's a big, major federal case.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Perfect score. Of course, I'd been driving in one way or another since I was about 13, and at 15.5 (I took my test about 4 days after the first day I could have taken the test), I could drive a full-sized van or back up a trailer.

Since then, I've driven almost everything with wheels, many things with tracks, and several types of watercraft.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I needed four tries. I passed the written exam on the first try, since it was super easy. But I screwed the first try of the driving test on the very last minute when I was supposed to parallel park... And after that I was so nervous on each try that it always went like a disaster. One time I failed because the sun was shining in my eye and I couldn't see if I had a red or a green light. After panicking for five minutes and telling the instructor I couldn't see, I decided to go, because there was no traffic and of course the light was red... And I think one time I failed because I stopped over a crosswalk when stopping for a red light.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. I’m not sure how you can fall it unless you just didn’t bother to read anything at all. I mean I understand that some people aren’t able to obtain information the same way as others but the rules of the road is just basic common sense. The main thing you learn is don’t hit anybody 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 50

• Yes... I messed up towards
    the end and when we parked the instructor said "YOU NEED a lot OF PRACTICE!!" She sat there in a stupor, "YOU NEED a lot OF PRACTICE!!" I bowed my head, ok ill take the test again... "You passed, BUT YOU NEED a lot OF PRACTICE!!" It was kinda funny, I think I got her because I aced 90 percent but kinda bombed 10 percent. Even my high school instuctor said I'm passing him with a D but you let me know when he is going to be on the road

0|0
    0|0
  • You literally have to be retarded, like actually retarded, to fail your driving test. All you have to do is drive normally except over-use your blinkers and don't speed. Personally, I think if someone doesn't have the brain power and motor skills to pass in their first try, that should be it. Game over. You're too dumb, you're a danger to us all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    My tactic was to take a group test and let all the others go before me, so that when it was my turn, the examiners would already be fed up with testing and would just let me pass after 5 minutes of driving.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not direct, got many problems because a had contact with weed 12 years ago (police found a half gramm in my pocket)...
    After the 3rd time I had lost 6500bucks and they didn't let me do a practical test, so I lost the money and a lot nerves and got no lisence

So, dont worry if you get it not at the first try, there are bader options...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I got an 85 because the instructor deducted 15 points for waiting too long at a light. There was a semi next to me and I could not see around it so I waited for it to move rather than jump out and possibly collide with someone blowing the red. At the end he asked and I told him and he said I was right but he left it as he had it because I passed anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But I had experience driving a fork lift for work lifting 2000lb loads at 15/16, and took a ymca prep course to get a discount on insurance. My driving teacher was hot

1|0
    0|0
  • I sure did. Both of them. My regular car license/motorcycle license. Then i passed my commercial driving license for tractor trailer both the first try.

0|0
    0|0
  • DRIVING TEST? You have to take a driving test? Nobody told ME!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure did.
    Went on to pass several other driving tests for advanced licenses first time as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Guy dinged me for not turning my head to check the lanes prior to lane change and going too slow on a stretch of road.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Yes! And I’m a nervous driver.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m barely learning how to drive cause I have an over protective family and I’m trying to find a driving school. But it’s an hour away in the next town and for a teacher they charge 300 to 400$. 😶

0|0
    0|0
  • 1st time written, 3rd time practical.

I made a silly mistake the 1st year. The examiner was an absolute bitch and doubled my minors because she had met her quota and the last guy was just reasonable and normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I passed the knowledge test on the first try and I passed the road test on the first try

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, although I had points taken off because my car wasn't comfortable and old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep I passed the driving part the first time but failed the written part once. I failed by one question so I had to take it again and passed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but im constantly asked, jokingly of course, who gave me my license

0|0
    0|0
  • It took me two tries..
    Failed the first time because I went over the speed limit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got my motorcycle & heavy truck licence the first try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes