For those who can drive - did you pass your driving test first time?

2552

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, got my permanent, full license at 15. No bullshit back then. You went to a notary public, paid a couple bucks for a learner's permit, memorized a thin paperback book, your Dad took you out on the street, you waited a few weeks to make it look good, went to the state police, took a short written test, drove the cop around the block, parallel parked, went inside and they printed out your license. Didn't even have your picture on it until the mid 1970s, just a vague description. Now it's a big, major federal case.

• Yes. Perfect score. Of course, I'd been driving in one way or another since I was about 13, and at 15.5 (I took my test about 4 days after the first day I could have taken the test), I could drive a full-sized van or back up a trailer.

Since then, I've driven almost everything with wheels, many things with tracks, and several types of watercraft.

Most Helpful Girls

• I needed four tries. I passed the written exam on the first try, since it was super easy. But I screwed the first try of the driving test on the very last minute when I was supposed to parallel park... And after that I was so nervous on each try that it always went like a disaster. One time I failed because the sun was shining in my eye and I couldn't see if I had a red or a green light. After panicking for five minutes and telling the instructor I couldn't see, I decided to go, because there was no traffic and of course the light was red... And I think one time I failed because I stopped over a crosswalk when stopping for a red light.

• I did. I’m not sure how you can fall it unless you just didn’t bother to read anything at all. I mean I understand that some people aren’t able to obtain information the same way as others but the rules of the road is just basic common sense. The main thing you learn is don’t hit anybody 😂