To you personally , is the omission of the truth just as bad as someone telling you an outright lie?

Do you personally view failing to declare or disclose certain information as a lie in itself?

Is withholding the truth the same as an outright lie?

719

Most Helpful Guys

• The intent behind the lie/omission is what's important to me

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I don't find it to be as bad. If for example someone doesn't want to share everything about their past, it's not their responsibility to tell me. And I don't find it to be lying or as bad as lying. There are some things that are just as terrible kept as a secret as lying about it, though. Mostly things that have been done maliciously and directly affect the person who it's kept from.