How to love yourself?

I need to love myself before I can love anybody else, but how can I do that? I look in the mirror and see nothing. How can I convince myself that I am worth something?

113

Most Helpful Guys

• Do fun things that make you whether it's little or big. Stay busy, motivated and focus on things.

• You have to live your life how you and only you want your life to be. You will have a lot of set backs but you need to find what is negative and positive energy to you. Sometimes you have to let things go if its something negative to you even if deep down inside you tell yourself its what you need. Know how you want your future to be like and everyday slowly creat solutions to problems and work up to your dreams.

Most Helpful Girl

• this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't believe in the whole "you must love yourself before you can love someone else." I didn't start truly find my confidence and appreciation for myself until I found someone I loved, and then as I expressed my love for them they in turn told me all the things they loved about me and helped me see what they saw. Surround yourself with people that care about you-- friends, family-- and eventually you'll see what they see.

• this is a really good view! i just don't want to be dependent on others to give me confidence in case they ever were to leave me, I want to know how to do it myself.