0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Are you kidding me?
    One of them is our president!
    We SHOULD be scared!

Why the fear of clowns?

www.nydailynews.com/.../...ter-20180706-story.html
    "Disgrace to clowns
    Toronto: Your July 4 front page depicting Donald Trump as a clown shows great disrespect toward clowns. I grew up watching “The Red Skelton Show,” and after retiring as a psychotherapist, I took hundreds of hours of training to work in the many hospitals that employ therapeutic clowns. Laughter is the best medicine, but your cover is not funny in the eyes of our professional clown community. You owe the real clowns of the world an apology. Seriously. Frank Pasquill"

1|0
    0|0
  • I got lost at the circus once. True story. A clown came up to me and gave me a balloon. Then he helped me find my bus. My teach said, "Why should you get a balloon when no one else does?" Becuz I was lost, and alone, and scared. Thank the world for clowns.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yep. Clown 1.

• True clown story lol

• They're freaky. But I like them. When all hell breaks loose, there's a clown to bring you where you need to be. Might even cheer u up on the way.

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Nice. Yeah - I would have to agree with another member that mentioned John Wayne Gacey. He kinda ruined it for the clowns.
    Personally I am not afraid of them, but I know a guy that is terrified of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be afraid of Ronald McDonald, there was a statue of him at a McDonald's in my old town, it always freaked me out. I have no clue why as to this day I don't recall ever actually seeing a clown in real life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Excuse the pun but it is a funny one and a lot of people have it - I suppose if you don't associate with fun it would be scary - If a baby was on its own say 30 feet away from parents and a clown bent over it, I bet baby would cry

0|0
    0|0
  • Somebody may have had a bad experience with a clown in childhood. Children are often afraid of clowns because they can't see the clown's face properly due to the makeup. Also, the clown's outfit serves to distort the proportions of the clown which can also trigger fear in a child (when an image is distorted but still recognisable, observes feel a sense of fear and revulsion).

0|0
    0|0
  • Why the fear of clowns?

0|0
    0|0
  • I like clowns owl girl, also my name is pennywise 🤡 hehehe

1|0
    0|0
  • I have to believe it's a sort of cynicism; We all know that if it seems too good to be true, than it probably isn't true. When I see a real clown (funny/cute in makeup and costume, not masked or bloody) then I'm presented with a person that is friendly and entertaining when most people are neither ( :( ). It's not unreasonable to be wary, and look for something sinister. However, it is unreasonable to immediately assume that every clown must be an evil monster. The photoshop pics above aren't of a real clown, but I get the attraction to the whimsical makeup on a pretty face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me, I'm not quite sure for others I'd say maybe childhood experiences...

0|0
    0|0
  • i actually am not bothered by clowns, especially sexy clowns like yourself that have such amazing boobs LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • They’re looking less silly and more like zombies. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I hated clowns when I was a kid. They just looked creepy to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's something about the paint. Makes people think you're crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like clowns

1|1
    0|0
  • I never got that either

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't fear them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they create fear out of your happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Christina Aguilera.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stephen King's It that's why

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no fear of clowns.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• They're spooky... yet usually can be funny. I think what's scary is that you don't really know whose behind the makeup/get-up! You also have no idea if they're going to be nice or tormenting towards you. I don't hate them, nor am I a big fan.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're just creepy. That's all. There's no real logic behind it. Although many people have negative associations with them as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone else notice she's kind've obsessed with using this photo? xD

0|0
    0|0
  • The birthday party clowns kinda disturb me because of how colourful and happy they are but I love scary killer clowns

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a reason there are tons of horror movies and shows with clowns in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • John Wayne Gacy AKA the killer clown.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I like to read old newspapers online and I found this guy 2 years ago. Could go to sleep. Never been scared of clowns but this is creepy.

• imagine them laughing, its terrifying

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't understand why you share different picture

0|0
    0|0
  • I all started with killer clowns in the 80s haha

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes