10 mo

Up to what point should you let yourself get disrespected by a partner's parent?

My bf's parents are rotten, spiteful people; both of them.

5 months ago, his mother belittled me in front of others and had the nerves to tell me what I should get my boyfriend for his birthday, that I don't love him enough, etc. The argument was bad enough that I just started crying out of anger, out of anger of not being able to tell her every single bad word in the dictionary.

Then both of his parents were bragging to others about how she made me cry and put me in my place. I fail to understand the ''put her in her place'' part. If anything, out of respect for my boyfriend I'm still trying my best to not say anything back. In addition, he doesn't do much either and it's bothering me.
10 mo
also what type of person makes fun of making someone cry and brags it to others?
Now for sure the other people they told must be having a good laugh.
2
0