What is the oldest memento that you still have with you?

People almost always have on them, a thing or a gift which they cherish a lot. Do you have something like that? What is the oldest memento that you still have with you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it's a photograph 😅 the first picture of me and my bestfriend as we were about 11 years old. It's standing next to my pc.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A few things, yes. I still have a neckless that one of my ex-girlfriends gave to me 12 years ago. I could have thrown it away when I moved out of my parents' house but somehow the idea of doing so broke my heart. Even though I am now together with someone different, I didn't want to just forget about that time with that girl. It's a part of my life and one I'm happy I got to experience.

Another gift I've had for a long time is a wooden plate with our family/heraldic symbol on it. It's quite beautiful and very colorful. It shows some birds and shamrock and a lot of decoration and underneath the family name. My grandma gave this plate to me when I was about 12. Supposedly she once got it from her grandfather. My grandma passed away a few years later, which was extremely sad for me (I was very close to her). I still have the plate though and it stands on a sideboard in our living room.

Perhaps one of my oldest gifts is a book about astronomy I got from my dad as a little child. I began to be extremely interested in astronomy at a very young age (like 4 or 5). So one day my dad came home from work and he brought along a book he bought for me. It was a very sweet gift, especially because the book is great for children. It's both accurate on the science but it also makes sure to explain things in easy terms with lots of pictures. When I see it, it's always a nice memento of the wonderful childhood I've had.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• A purse my grandma gave me when I was little before she passed away. It still smells like her perfume and reminds me of her.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have this carved dragon statue on a book shelf. Was a gift from my first girlfriend back in high school.

0|1
    0|0
  • A stuffed bunny from when I was 3 years old.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I have to car's that are made from copper and there music box's two and their from my grandmother.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2 things, A necklace my first girlfriend gave me before she past away and my Grandfathers signet ring.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have pictures from my grandparents wedding in like the 40’s.

0|1
    0|0
  • My grandmother's wedding band. Just plain gold. I wear it on my right pinky and have since she passed away.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mother bought me a yellow hair brush I wanted when i was 5. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Oddly enough, I still have a teddy bear my grandparents gave me when I was a baby. Both of them passed so I guess it's a fond memory of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My hair that I had when I was a baby.

0|1
    0|0
  • An old book that belonged to my great great grandfather. Ironically, it's about my chosen career field. But it's from the 1880s. My aunt had it, was about to get rid of it... I happened to see it and grabbed it before it would have been thrown out. I didn't even know anyone in my family had had even a passing interest (besides me)...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes