Who created the myth that black girls are thick?

I'm petite, I have a small frame, and a thigh gap. I'm also short.

Most black girls are naturally petite and gain weight earlier in life in their bums I noticed.

Most thick black girls I know come from fat families or have mixed heritage.

Most white girls I know have big hips. Even the models. They gain weight in their arms and legs I noticed.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Is your report possibly biased? Where I live, black girls have butts and boobs that are huge! There is nothing diminutive about their proportions.

"Relative to boys, girls have lower odds of underestimating their weight and greater odds of overestimating their weight. In particular, among overweight and obese adolescents, girls are more accurate than boys, but among normal weight adolescents, boys are more accurate. Compared to Whites, African Americans are more likely to underestimate their weight, particularly among overweight girls and obese boys. Overall and particularly among girls and normal weight adolescents, African Americans are less likely to overestimate their weight than their White counterparts. Finally, Asian American girls are more likely to underestimate their weight than White girls."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2764324/

0|1
    0|0
  • I just see a lot of thick black girls as well as petite.

I'm black by the way lol

0|1
    0|0
  • oh real thick...

0|0
    0|0
  • This is statistically inaccurate

0|1
    0|0
  • not true

0|0
    0|0
  • media over the decades mostly rappers in MTV clips

0|0
    0|0
  • Don know who started that stereotype

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a myth, it's a regional thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah black girls actually have narrower hips. And ageeed that they aren’t naturally heavier it’s just lifestyle.

Petite black girls are really attractive.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I don’t know but my current measurements are 41-28.5-45 so I am thick

0|2
    0|0
    • 2d

I'm 100 pounds. That'd only when bloated.

• Show All
    • 2d

Workout

• 2d

thick af...😛

Recommended myTakes