Do you respect then or do you dislike then and why please
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I'm not pretending to be any damn thing I'm just saying without drunk driver would you have what you have we get out here and risk our life to give you what you need and drive through all kind of weather just so you can have the thing that you need how would you feel if you couldn't go to the store and buy your clothes buy your groceries have your car gas to go in your car for what $1,000 a week and this year in law there has been 20 truck drivers that has been shot over money
Truck drivers are the backbone of the United States without them the world would stop

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I respect the job and understand it's hard. But seriously, can some stop driving so bleeding close to my bumper. It's annoying, scary and dangerous. Like, if I suddenly stop, they have a great chance of going into the back of me.

0|1
    0|0
    • True that's why you have a blinkers and break light so he knows your turning and if you give him plenty warning it will not happen

• Show All
    • But yes. It's a hard job. I've tried driving a European lorry before. Not easy at all. Particularly the gear changes. Really stiff and takes way more force to do than expected. I'm too weak to keep going long periods of time.

• It's not for everyone. Trucking is something that's in your blood.

Most Helpful Guys

• What do you think about… yes or no. :-D
    Do you respect or dislike… yes or no. :-D
    Huh? Mate, are you OK? :-D
    It's unforgiving job. Perform like machine, take shitty money. And…yeah, fear for your job, because…machines. Anyone, who signs that contract, is either stupid, desperate or just brave enough to do it. Don't get me wrong, it's respectable, for sure.
    But what will you do, when self driving cars hits?
    It will be gradual, slow proces. First, some places, and just some companies there, then the places will expand… It will not happen over time, but slowly. And you will have to find another job. You like trucks? Well, they still need maintenance. And more than ever, because there most likely will be more of them, because operating them is cheaper, economy of scale will make it's mark.
    And in it's beginnings, it will drive itself, but there is no way that there would be no person inside at all. So…you will be there just for the ride and occational shitstorm. If computer fails, you're up. Then, if you fail…who's fault it was? Computer gave you control too late? Or have you just…slept?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's perfectly respectable work, but I think it won't exist in a couple of decades.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you respect then or won't then off the road

• Show All
    • There machines and they do malfunction and you still got to have a driver in the vehicle

• That's the current state of the technology (and there are different types of "autonomous" driving), but I think that will have been worked out in a couple of decades.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Your job doesn't earn you respect, your actions do.

0|1
    0|1
    • Your right I'll ask you this w they risk there life and away from there family for weeks just so you can have the thing in life that you do would you do that

• Show All
    • We get out here and drive and all kind of conditions white out blizzards hurricanes 60 70 mile an hour winds just so you can have what you got and we don't risk our life so y'all can have what you want

• Yeah lets not pretend you're out there fighting the cause risking life and limb, it's a job and you get paid, just like any other job in life. It's a good job, but let's keep prospective, your not "Doctors without Borders"..

• Many Make Much Money, honey. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the damn hard job I respect them.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• It kind of sucks having to pass you on the highway on a windy day, but that's not really your fault, and it's honestly not that big of a deal. You get goods from point A to point B, so the economy doesn't run without you, which is a big deal. Keep up the good work!

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect for the hard work and long hours but I'm fairly certain its a dying trade in the next 20 year at most as self driving trucks, already in production, just make more sense from a safety standpoint than using people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Much respect to the men and women who keep our economy hummin.

0|1
    0|0
  • of course i respect just as much i respect a million dollar company owner

0|1
    0|0
  • I drove trucks for 7 years. It is much harder work than it looks. The deadlines are insane.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t get much respect at times being one too but I respect other truck drivers

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, with out truckers America stops, everything everyone has was delivered by truck at one point and there is no way my job could ever be done by a robot or automated truck since I have to back into some tuff spots and get out and unload the truck

• Same here

• It hard and dangerous work that is a lot harder then most people think

0|0
    0|0
  • I respect their work but the reckless way some of them drive in my country tends to upset me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uneducated piece of trash who were too dumb to get a job in NASA.

0|1
    0|3

Recommended myTakes