What do y'all think about truck driver?

Do you respect then or do you dislike then and why please
  • Yes
  • No
I'm not pretending to be any damn thing I'm just saying without drunk driver would you have what you have we get out here and risk our life to give you what you need and drive through all kind of weather just so you can have the thing that you need how would you feel if you couldn't go to the store and buy your clothes buy your groceries have your car gas to go in your car for what $1,000 a week and this year in law there has been 20 truck drivers that has been shot over money
Truck drivers are the backbone of the United States without them the world would stop

411

Most Helpful Girl

• I respect the job and understand it's hard. But seriously, can some stop driving so bleeding close to my bumper. It's annoying, scary and dangerous. Like, if I suddenly stop, they have a great chance of going into the back of me.

• True that's why you have a blinkers and break light so he knows your turning and if you give him plenty warning it will not happen

• But yes. It's a hard job. I've tried driving a European lorry before. Not easy at all. Particularly the gear changes. Really stiff and takes way more force to do than expected. I'm too weak to keep going long periods of time.

• It's not for everyone. Trucking is something that's in your blood.

Most Helpful Guys

• What do you think about… yes or no. :-D
    Do you respect or dislike… yes or no. :-D
    Huh? Mate, are you OK? :-D
    It's unforgiving job. Perform like machine, take shitty money. And…yeah, fear for your job, because…machines. Anyone, who signs that contract, is either stupid, desperate or just brave enough to do it. Don't get me wrong, it's respectable, for sure.
    But what will you do, when self driving cars hits?
    It will be gradual, slow proces. First, some places, and just some companies there, then the places will expand… It will not happen over time, but slowly. And you will have to find another job. You like trucks? Well, they still need maintenance. And more than ever, because there most likely will be more of them, because operating them is cheaper, economy of scale will make it's mark.
    And in it's beginnings, it will drive itself, but there is no way that there would be no person inside at all. So…you will be there just for the ride and occational shitstorm. If computer fails, you're up. Then, if you fail…who's fault it was? Computer gave you control too late? Or have you just…slept?

• It's perfectly respectable work, but I think it won't exist in a couple of decades.

• Do you respect then or won't then off the road

• There machines and they do malfunction and you still got to have a driver in the vehicle

• That's the current state of the technology (and there are different types of "autonomous" driving), but I think that will have been worked out in a couple of decades.