Why are people so in love with dogs?

All dogs do is fucking lick you and bite you and bark. Then on top of that they smell bring flies into your house and then shit and you have to clean it up. My brother has a dog and it’s so annoying I hate dogs. But if you love or have a dog if you do what’s the reason and why? Do you like getting licked and cleaning up those poo or hearing them bark when your trying to watch tv or chill after a long day of work

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I have three dogs, and although I do not appreciate them at all, I respect your opinions.
    Dogs smell when the owners don’t wash them or use decent shampoo... just like humans stink when they don’t wash their own ass.
    Dogs poop and pee everywhere when they are not trained... just like how humans have to work their way out of diapers and learn to know what a bathroom is
    Dogs don’t bite aggressively unless they feel threatened but even then, they can be trained out of that behavior. Some dogs are more aggressive than others. So that really is the fault of the owner.
    Same thing with licking. They can be trained out of that behavior. Females are less affectionate. So if you experience overly affectionate attention from dogs in your life, then #1. The owner hasn’t done anything about it and #2. The dog is probably a male.
    But people usually don’t mind the affection because that is the purpose of getting a pet; to give and receive love and or companionship.
    The barking thing really depends on what kind of dog you get. But just like PEOPLE, many dogs come with different personalities. So some my be loud and obnoxious simply because that’s just how they are.

1|3
    0|0
    • 6d

Yes I agree with mostly everything you said. And dogs bark well because they can’t speak. Which is fucking annoying

• Good for you.
    Well trained dogs are obviously a rarity from where you're from. ]
    Dogs are loyal and wonderful companions who are vastly intelligent and with proper training do none of those things unless asked or in the correct environment. When you take on ANY pet, you have to deal with the fact they RELY on their owner. That means cleaning up poop. Again, a well trained dog would go where it needs to correctly, to which it just needs scooping up and binning. It's not difficult.

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

Lol it’s not my pet it’s my brothers and the pet is trained to go outside but it’s Canada and it’s winter her now so. But it’s his problem not mine

• 6d

Again you misread. I never SAID it was yours. "when you take on ANY pet" onwards I say "you" in a figurative sense encompassing everyone in general.

• This face is one of the reasons I love my dog. Sure, some dogs can be annoying to deal with, but when you get a good one, you have a companion that'll love you unconditionally, always be there for you, and be a good cuddle buddy when you're feeling down. The annoying things they might do are just a minor inconvenience when you take in all the good.

2|1
    0|0
    • 6d

And just to add, a lot of bad behavior is due to the owner's lack of training. I don't think many bad dogs exist. Plenty of bad owners do though.

• Show All
    • 6d

Thank you so much for you care and it is because some people have them as pets but it’s like your afraid of something and then your brother or sister and your mom go out and buy the same exact pet that attacked you. And oo okay I see why you love your dog but doesn’t the licking annoy you and them licking the floor disgust you a bit.

• 6d

Not at all. As I said, things like licking is them showing affection, them showing me love isn't annoying. It doesn't disgust me either, it's one of those things you get used to and if I remember right, dog's mouths are much cleaner than humans and their germs are mostly incompatible, so I got nothing to worry about.

• Dogs are the fucking best okay? They love you unconditionally and their behavior is directly affected by how you treat them. They're like kids. You have to teach them and care for them and love them. So many stupid people get a dog expecting it to act like a piece of furniture. They're not. They're living intelligent creatures with feelings. If you truly love and care for your dog there's nothing they wouldn't do for you. Dogs are the best. You suck.

1|0
    0|2
    • 6d

Lol cuz I don’t like an animal that smells and licks you constantly and barks all the time so that I can’t think or do anything. And an animal that attacked me on different occasions when I did fucking nothing. No you suck you dumb piece of shit

• Show All
    • 6d

Dogs are meant to hunt and kill

• 6d

Jesus you're a dumbass.

• How could you hate dogs. They love us when no one else will. They’re loyal creatures. You could treat them like shit and they’ll still be there for you. My baby was being abused by his breeder and he’s the most loving dog ever.

2|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Your dog looks like a killer that would eat you alive

• Show All
    • 4d

Wolves are very similar to dogs they are the same breed just a different type so like cousins.

• 4d

They not even similar.

• LOL... not sure about what kinda dogs you have had / raised, but none of our dogs have ever been anything like that.
    I guess it depends on how they are trained, or not trained.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

So your dogs never lick you or bark im sure they do. Unless you can read your dogs mind I’m sure they bark

• Show All
    • 6d

I have never been attacked, no... my mother was bit by a stray dog once, not sure if that qualifies as attacked or not.

• 6d

Well I have a few times and I was doing nothing just walking and it jumped the fence and bite me and I fell and it almost killed me I was 10 at the time and a few years later I was riding my bike and a dog just jumps me off my bike but dogs are precious right. Yea right dogs are hunters like wolves and will kill you. They only love you because you made a home for them and feed them. You think every dog you see will
      Love you

• they are cute and u only have those problems if theyre not trained

2|0
    0|1
    • 6d

They aren’t cute so a animal licking you and barking every second is cute to you

• Show All
    • 6d

Well dogs can’t talk so ofc they are going to park even if you did everything your supposed to do

• 6d

mine didn't bark constantly

• We women are vastly, exponentially, hornier than men. A woman will do just about anything, sexually speaking, so long as she is fairly certain she won’t get caught. For example, we will occasionally go out of town in order to rendezvous with a man we’ve been longing to fuck, and/or to have multiple sex partners in the same evening, and/or at the same time.
    This is something that hot women do, most especially. In our minds, it is a natural desire, and a natural thing, and so long as nobody else finds out, it’s “game on”. Women are receptacles for cock, that’s how we have been biologically designed. Nothing feels better to us than being completely filled up with multiple penises, than being the center of sexual attention, than being the object of unbridled group lust. Since it’s something we can’t risk doing on our home turf (don’t shit where you eat), we have to think outside the box, in order to get our boxes completely satisfied. And you might find this shocking, but many women – many, many women – have sex with dogs on a routine basis. This is just one example of how insatiable we truly are.
    I can see why you might not believe it, to which I say, look really hard at all of the women you know who have dogs. Look at women who have dogs whenever you see them out on the street, in the act of walking those dogs. Or at the park. You will notice that most of them have male dogs – the vast majority, in fact. This isn’t a coincidence. And look at all the female teachers who are exposed in the media for having sex with underage students. We have no self-control when it comes to sex – or anything else, for that matter. To our way of thinking, losing control is what makes sex great. Doing anything that is taboo is what makes sex great.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love dogs, I’ve always had good experiences with them. They’re great companions, loyal and they’re amazing for emotional support. I don’t trust anyone that doesn’t like dogs lmao.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Lool that’s fucked up if you think that I’ve been attacked by a few dogs so I shouldn’t be afraid? What if a bear attacked you and everyone got them as pets and anytime you see a bear of growls at you how would you react

• Show All
    • 6d

Thank you and I respect yours aswell and if the dog helps you get through hard times then that’s good ✊🏿

• 6d

Thank you! ☺️

What Guys Said 11

• If the dog licks you when you don't want it, poos in the house, or barks incessantly, the problem isn't with the dog - it's with the owner.

There are no bad dogs. Only bad owners.

1|2
    0|0
    • 6d

Dogs are just nasty animals that lick everything and I’ll give a little leeway on the poo because we live in Canada so the dog really can’t go in and out the house as it pleases and dogs need to bark they can’t fucking talk so they bark

• Well if you actually take care of your dog it doesn't poop in the house, stink, or bite you. It does love you, play with you, and usually like to cuddle. Then if you get a real dog and not some big rat, they're also useful. Most dogs will protect their home and family, and many can be used for hunting, tracking, support, disabled help, etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Dogs have a natural smell and they do stink that’s why when you go in a pet shop it stinks. And I live in Canada so I can’t leave me backyard open the whole day. She knows when to go outside but sometimes I guess she can’t hold it and it’s all on my brother he’s irresponsible and my mom let him get it because she’s an idiot and loves dogs to. And they brought in a similar dog that attacked me when I was younger.

• 6d

See what you just said for hunting dogs are killers that’s what they do kill things

• 6d

Well that just sounds like they aren't responsible enough for a dog. And yeah some dogs kill small things, like rabbits. Most dogs are not hunting dogs though

• My dogs don't bite and only bark at people coming to the house which I'm cool with as they stop when I tell them. Puppy kisses are lovely.

So in exchange for feeding them, taking them on walks (though to be fair thats good for me too) and picking up poop every once and a while they: Protect us, provide companionship, cuddle, get excited to see us and generally just add love and joy into our lives in a very direct way. One of mine is also useful for hunting, though hasn't been used for it much yet.

2|2
    0|1
    • 6d

Well they have to park as they can’t speak lol and a dog licking you is disgusting. And yes you should pick up thier poo all the time because that’s your responsibility

• Show All
    • 6d

Again, you're afraid of them I'm not. I've been within 50 feet of wolves on a few occassions and have been close enough to black bears to poke them with a stick :P Body language matters a lot.

• 6d

I'm pretty confident in my ability to kick my dogs ass, not to say I wouldn't get hurt though. He still knows who the boss it :P

• Pretty much every dog I’ve had after the first one (when I was learning and 5 years old) I was able to potty train in like 3 days. Then for the next 10 years or so I never had to worry about poop or pee in the house. The first year when they are puppies you have to take them out more frequently, but once they become adults they can hold it a lot longer.

When it comes to barking, my dogs generally only bark to signal that someone is on my property or walking past my house. If I tell my dog to leave them alone or be nice, they instantly stop and don’t bark. If they want my attention they generally stare at me to get my attention, then they will bump me with their nose if I’m ignoring them, then they will make breathy huff and puff vocalizations (different ones for different things), then a little wimpy bark to show they aren’t challenging me but they really need my attention. The big barks are territorial against other people, dogs, or animals, but they always follow my lead. It sounds more like your brother needs to learn how to deal with his dog. If your dog is always going nuts, you’re probably doing something wrong.

When it comes to licking, that’s a personality thing. Some dogs are lickers others aren’t. I currently have a dog that will walk by and take a random lick at my toes or something when I’m not expecting it. Most of the dogs I have had aren’t obsessed with licking.

None of my dogs have ever purposely bit me. I’ve caught a few light bites when playing tug of war with a rope with my dogs when they were really into it, but they will stop playing as soon as they realize they nipped me on accident.

Dogs generally want to get alone with their pack and they respect their leader. So if you think you’re dog is a douche bag always causing problems, it’s probably because (s) he is leading and protecting you and they are not having their needs met. You’ve got it backwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single, childless, women vent their motherly instincts on their pets.

0|2
    1|0
    • 6d

Dogs are extremely popular with men

• Show All
    • 6d

Trust me they are and not to sure about the humping thing but they do lick what to much

• 6d

Sounds like you dudes have been around some super untrained dogs with some shitty owners.

• I have 5 dogs. None of them lick, bite and they rarely bark. They never shit inside either. It is all in the training. The problem is most dog owners never train their dogs.

1|1
    0|0
  • Here are some of the reasons some people love dogs:
    1- They lack affection in life but they get it from the dog
    2- They don't want to believe that the dog is only there for them since he is being fed. Dogs love feeders. Period, but people wanna think that the dog loves them. Not true. Dogs love food
    3- They walk the dog while holding a plastic bag to pick up the Dog's poo! Go figure! Yet, some of them live like pigs
    4- They are there for you because you gave them home and food
    . Try not feeding them and see how much they'd love you

0|1
    0|0
  • animals have something called unconditional love humans do not a dog/cat well love you no matter how you look whether your fat , skin, beautiful , ugly, black , white give them love and they will love you for life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • because people humanize their behavior and find them incredibly cute doing that. that's basically the reason people like pets overall.

0|0
    0|0
  • you dont have to pick up their shit, just go for a walk and have the dog do its business in a field. i like dogs bcs at least some1 happy to see me

0|0
    0|0
  • That's why I like cats more.

0|1
    1|1

Recommended myTakes